1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Default Questions I have that directly impact the "buy" decision

1) Is this an actual tablet or is it like the Fire basically a handheld portal for content? For example, is there an email client other than GMail; can I use alternative keyboards and such; can I access and run the full range of apps in the Google Play app section (like Documents to Go for example)?

2) When exactly is it shipping?

If I can do productivity work on this puppy I am in. If not then I am likely looking at a TF300 or GTab 2.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

This is an actual tablet. It'll be running pure Jellybean and you'll be able to customize it to your heart's content since it's a Nexus device. I preordered mine and the site said shipping in two to three weeks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Questions I have that directly impact the "buy" decision

This is a full fleged Android Nexus device. It should do anything and everything a high end android powered phone like the GNEX, ONEX or Note should do phone wise possibly without making phone calls. I'm willing to bet as a super power user and developer in the making, this device will do anything a normal android tablet will do and more. Just like a galaxy tab 7, 10.1 etc. From what I've seen of and understand from the Nexus 7 is it's one bad machine. Super fast, high power and all the resources needed to run email clients, polaris and much, much more. This device isn't even in the same category as a kindel fire. A kindle is basically an entertainment device, whereas if Nexus stays true to it's roots, you'll get the complete android experience the best way possible, VANILLA!!! YEAH!!!!