Nexus 7 doesn't support MHL or USB On-The-Go

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't support FULL usb-otg. You can use things like mice/keyboards etc. but not external storage (natively at this point).

I'm sure that will be addressed by the dev community if not by Google.

jm0

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
How about cameras? My favorite use of my Galaxy Tab 10.1 is to hook it up to my DSLR and control it and show off its photos. I can even use the Tab as a big bright viewfinder which is awesome for composing shots. Would the lack of USB-on-the-Go support kill this possibility?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

pellik333

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Actually so you guys know, someone over at XDA tested it and usb flash memory does work if your device is rooted and has StickMount on it. Thats why Im getting the 8 GB. Considering I was already going to root my device, I'll just use my external hard drive. The thing is, the drive must be NTFS or FAT16/32. ExFat won't work. And you prob want FAT because NTFS is read only.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Actually so you guys know, someone over at XDA tested it and usb flash memory does work if your device is rooted and has StickMount on it. Thats why Im getting the 8 GB. Considering I was already going to root my device, I'll just use my external hard drive. The thing is, the drive must be NTFS or FAT16/32. ExFat won't work. And you prob want FAT because NTFS is read only.

That doesn't help the common people.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
common people can read tho. Lol Rooting a nexus device isn't that hard. I use to be a common person till I got an Android phone and first heard about root

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton