Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dtim56
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Nexus 7: HDMI, MHL and USB OTG

OK, so the rumour mill is in full effect and there seems to be conflicting info wherever you look, but the recent iFixit teardown http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-...t-parts-inside indicates that there is a USB to HDMI cable included with the tablet.

I think it has been established that USB-OTG will not work "out of the box" but that it is possible with either a software update from Google or an app such as Stick Mount https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lja21vdW50Il0.

Does anyone know if this will work? I didnt root my GSM GNex when I got it (big regret) and I am nervous about wiping/rooting it now, but I really want to try out this app.
    mwack likes this.

ROM
    decks CM 10.3

Default Re: Google Nexus 7: HDMI, MHL and USB OTG

I believe iFixit has already said that the USB to HDMI cable was from the Nexus Q they were working on and mistakenly thought to have been with the Nexus 7
    Fubie
    Current - Nexus 5
    Past - EVO 4G LTE | Nexus 7 | EVO 4G | EVO 3D | EVO 4G | Hero - All rooted

I've been hearing no HDMI compatibility, and mixed reports of people saying OTG will work/won't work. My guess is that it'll work eventually, perhaps not right away.

yeah the no tv out kinda bites. hopefully the will be an accessory/dock that will allow it to work.

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

MHL is a no go. But OTG is kinda. Actually so you guys know, someone over at XDA tested it and usb flash memory does work if your device is rooted and has StickMount on it. Thats why Im getting the 8 GB. Considering I was already going to root my device, I'll just use my external hard drive. The thing is, the drive must be NTFS or FAT16/32. ExFat won't work. And you prob want FAT because NTFS is read only.

Hi ! I confirme that Nexus 7 works with a USB OTG cable (i have one bought on amazon) But you have to buy "Nexus mdia Importer" application to work. Nowconfiguration is requiere.