1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    NexsMod 5.0.4

Default Google wallet question

Just placed a pre-order, first Nexus device, and hopefully not my last. Since there's NFC on the N7, does that mean Google Wallet will be able to work? Just a tad bit curious

Default Re: Google wallet question

I don't think anyone really knows until either Google releases more info or until someone gets one and tries it..
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    NexsMod 5.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by chefmbeland View Post
    i don't think anyone really knows until either google releases more info or until someone gets one and tries it..
    someone try it.

There's no Google wallet because if you would had read the terms of sale, they would not sale you a device with Google wallet without you having or setting up an account first.

I believe it has NFC technology built in, but with no way to utilize it with Google Wallet. Can still beam though.

Interesting that the Google Play web site I ordered from is called Wallet. I think it asked me to enter my wallet ID. I just entered my Google user name and password and ordered the tablet.

I kind of think that you might need a phone or at least a Wifi network connection for the transaction to take place unless there would be some way to store your transactions and then send them as a batch to your credit card when you have a wi fi connection.