Release and shipping date 7/19/2012

droidfroid

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Received word of a shipping date for the recently announced Google Nexus 7 Tablet. When Google announced the new 7″ tablet at Google I/O, they said it would be shipping in 2-3 weeks and the Play Store still reads this way, “ships soon.” From some other online retailers that have the tablet for pre-order, we’re hearing that the tablet will be released on July 19. So, if that’s true, that should mean in the US that we’ll be getting our tablets on the 21st, because I believe UPS two-day delivery delivers on Saturday (I could be wrong). That means I only need to wait 18 more days for my tablet. Still, no official word from Google, but it’s nice to have a more defined ETA. I now know how long I have to hold off before my new tablet comes. Additionally, Asus has confirmed that on July 27 the Nexus 7 tablet will be available in retail stores. So, what are you friends doing to pass the time waiting for your Nexus 7 to come?
In the US, Game Stop is taking pre-orders for the Nexus 7, but claiming a release date that’s not until July 31

Last edited:

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
well I'm getting married so I'm taking the opportunity to ditch my laptop, and just use my soon-to-be-wife's desktop for my main computer, so all the money from my laptop goes to the Nexus 7.

Now here's my question. I'm really wanting to get that $25 credit to the Play store. You are saying it doesn't ship till July 19th, so that probably means if I pre order it anytime before that date (assuming it is the correct date) that I should get the credit?

By the way, this will be my first android device. I don't get my phone upgrade until June 2013 so assuming i like this tablet as much as i think i will, it most likely won't be my last. ;)

Reactions: CBMC

RawrDuy

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The Gamestop release date for July 31st is simply a placeholder date, so it does not mean anything. They have since taken that date off of their site.

The July 19th date you're referring to is from the UK, not the US. We can all just assume it's between July 13th-20th for the US. I think Google is just taking in how many pre-orders there are and slapping on a release date based on that.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
From the UPS website: Delivery Commitment Saturday Delivery commitment times depend on the shipping service you choose:

UPS Next Day Air? Early A.M.?: Guaranteed delivery one hour later than the guaranteed weekday delivery time, as early as 9:00 a.m., based on destination
UPS Next Day Air?: Guaranteed delivery by 12:00 noon or 1:30 p.m. where weekday shipments are delivered by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon, respectively, based on destination
UPS 2nd Day Air?: Guaranteed delivery by end of day for shipments picked up on Thursday, based on destination

So it could be delivered on a Saturday.

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The gamestop ones will be the same date. We just say 7/31 as a filler date. Miscommunication.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21