Google Nexus 7 Cases

tompro53

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Its probably because Google sends the case makers a pre release version or dummy version to make a case around.

Sent from the Android Central Forum app. Thanks Android Central.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
search for nexus 7 cases on Amazon. Crazyondigital has a pretty good case that I just ordered that is worth checking out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

kikuya

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
search for nexus 7 cases on Amazon. Crazyondigital has a pretty good case that I just ordered that is worth checking out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Thanks! Just searched the seller you recommended and most of their products are available in August. The Kayscase ones I found are available next week. I'll try one. If it doesn't work, I'll just return it and buy from others.

Amazon.com: KaysCase FlipStand Leather Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Built-in Stand and Stylus Loop (Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: KaysCase Two Piece Detachable Multiple Angle View Leather Case Cover for Google Nexus 7 inch Tablet Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (Black): Electronics

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I suspect a lot of the cases are just modified kindle cases. I want a case now as well but I'm going to wait and see. I haven't seen one that really looked right either. The official one is the best design. I suppose I could get it and paint it.

kikuya

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you think we can use Kindle Fire case for Nexus 7? If so, I can actually find some cheap ones on Amazon and save some money. :p

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the how it attaches. Marware used the speaker grill to hold some of their cases on so they wouldn't work. Any with elastic straps should. Most Nexus cases are really Fire cases.

I even wrote to one company and pointed out how I could tell from the photo that their Nexus case was a Kindle case. They said that Google didn't give case developers test dummies so that until the big release no one can really be sure how well their case will work. Another reason to hold off a month or so before deciding on a case. Now I just have to be careful not to scratch it up in that time. Of course if I do no one will know, I'll just put it in a case. ;)

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I took a look at the cases, and they're rather fugly if you ask me (looked like I'd be using a plastic book, ewww). No thanks, I'll pass.

I'm pretty handy, and have some soft-lined faux leather, so I'm going to stitch up a sleeve to slide the N7 into (mainly to protect the screen). Now that I have the dimensions I can put together a pattern and experiment.

I did this for an 8" tablet last year, and it worked out great.

kikuya

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I took a look at the cases, and they're rather fugly if you ask me (looked like I'd be using a plastic book, ewww). No thanks, I'll pass.

I'm pretty handy, and have some soft-lined faux leather, so I'm going to stitch up a sleeve to slide the N7 into (mainly to protect the screen). Now that I have the dimensions I can put together a pattern and experiment.

I did this for an 8" tablet last year, and it worked out great.

It's hard to imagine a gadget lover who's good at sewing. :D
Please show us your work when it's done. :)

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to imagine a gadget lover who's good at sewing. :D
Please show us your work when it's done. :)

I grew up in a sewing household, but never really sewed anything until recently. My mother gave me an old Kenmore machine as a hand-me-down, and I use it for utility sewing (repairs, seat covers, etc.).

It's just another tool to get things done, IMO. Once you learn how the thing works it makes one appreciate the ingenuity of the makers of complex machinery, for sure. But, you can't beat it for putting together solidly-stitched stuff (like what I'm going to build for the N7).

I'll upload some photos once I get the sleeve done. If I end up creating a pattern to fashion the faux leather sleeve I'll upload that, too.

skappy7

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I heard somewhere that Google is making an official case similar in function to Apple's smartcase. I'm gonna wait it out and see if/when that happens, because chances are it'll be the best case you can get. I made the mistake of getting a case from a third party when the (recently unloaded on ebay) Playbook was announced, and not much was right on it.