1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default It is about to ship, possibly by July 9th

I keep refreshing my Google Play order page and I noticed multiple books say they have been purchased. I presume they are some of the content that will come on my Nexus 7.

Anyone else getting this same screen? I pre-ordered mine on Google Play, June 29th

Side note: I own no other android devices so the books on the screen capture are coming on my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Re: It is about to ship, possibly by July 9th

Well those are the same books (sans the Nexus 7 instruction manual) that come with every Android device... but seeing as you don't have an Android phone, this looks really promising.
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Also the date on them is July 8th which if I already had an Android device it would not show today's date lol. I will keep everyone updated if the other preloaded stuff shows up on my activity page, like Transformers 3.

I too own no other Android devices and the N7 will be my first. Taking a look at my Play orders page, I don't see any other purchases (books or otherwise). Are these books supposed to come with the device?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I brought my nexus 7 from Gamestop but the books do show up on my Google play account!!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by kaao View Post
    I too own no other Android devices and the N7 will be my first. Taking a look at my Play orders page, I don't see any other purchases (books or otherwise). Are these books supposed to come with the device?
    What day did you pre-order your Nexus 7? And did you do it from the Google Play store, or Gamestop?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by fguills View Post
    I brought my nexus 7 from Gamestop but the books do show up on my Google play account!!!!
    Glad to hear I am not going crazy, lol. Did you pre-order yours before or on Jun 29th?

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

I ordered my on the 3rd of the July.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I ordered my on the 3rd of the July.
    Good to hear, maybe outside of the Play store if you pre-order yours up to July 10th like Staples you can be in the first wave. I think the Play Store cut off is Jun 29th

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quinnsdaddy11 View Post
    Good to hear, maybe outside of the Play store if you pre-order yours up to July 10th like Staples you can be in the first wave. I think the Play Store cut off is Jun 29th
    I would to get a case at the same time. Don't like my tablets running naked!
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I would to get a case at the same time. Don't like my tablets running naked!
    I like protective sleeves and zip ups. I hate adding bulk to my beautiful thin devices.

My $10 case I got for free 2 day shipping, because I am an Amazon Prime member

Mine is green but it looks like the only colors they have are brown and pink now.

I'm hoping I can use the case I have for my galaxy tab 7 plus. I think the nexus will be too big.

Nothing similar in my orders :-(.... I ordered on the 4th from the play store

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yah, nothing on mine yet, ordered it on July 6th

ROM
    Quattrimus ICS - AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaVictor87 View Post
    Yah, nothing on mine yet, ordered it on July 6th
    I did too.

I ordered on the 4th from the play store and the books aren't there. Strange thing is that I have a jelly bean port on my vzw galaxy nexus. The strange thing is those very same books are in my library, but, they don't show up in my Google wallet account.

I just got the books in my account as well, only I ordered on the 5th and it cleared on the 7th. This can mean

1- Google has a gazillion of the devices so we will get them soon
    2- the books are placed without regard to your device shipping date

Most likely it's 2 but we can hope for 1. If you ordered from anywhere except Google it's not tied to your account so you wouldn't see them until you activate it (or if you ordered from Google but cleared the box to link it). That explains why some haven't seen them yet.

Let me add that if you have a Books app on another device you can read the books now. I added it to my Kindle. I think the Google app looks a little better but it's too soon to tell. It's just text though so getting a reader app wrong is difficult.

I am jelous most of you will be getting your Nexus 7 sooner than me. I ordered on 7/8 via B&H out of NY. I called them today and they said that expected delivery will be August 15 for me. Ug. On the bright side, I will watch as you who recieve it and what ya do with it with respect to rooting, roms etc.

Wow, thats a month away. You are a patient man. Why not cancel and order from Staples or Google?

Smile Re: It is about to ship, possibly by July 9th

Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano View Post
    Wow, thats a month away. You are a patient man. Why not cancel and order from Staples or Google?
    Well, I took your advice and cancelled the order from B&H. Then ordered from Staples and will pickup (according to Staples) on the 17th of this month (July) in Salem,NH. Let the fun begin. hahahaha
    Thanks for the Staples info.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidMilos View Post
    I am jelous most of you will be getting your Nexus 7 sooner than me. I ordered on 7/8 via B&H out of NY. I called them today and they said that expected delivery will be August 15 for me. Ug. On the bright side, I will watch as you who recieve it and what ya do with it with respect to rooting, roms etc.
    I have always rooted everything. I am not going to root this tablet. At least not for the time being. I would like to be able to watch Play Store movies for a change. Also my Time Warner Cable app won't work on a rooted device. Plus, Google Wallet is not supported on rooted devices. I wish there was a workaround for this. I tried an app called hide my root on my GNex. That effed it all up and I had to unroot and restore to factory condition. Damn DRM!