Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Default Re: Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

you mean you got the app on your nexus 7? please let know how did you do it. thanks

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackvans30 View Post
    They told me over Instagram last week that the app will be available for the Nexus 7 in October.
    I checked yesterday. No go. I sent them an email. (Both versions do not work)

The Time Warner Cable App is live and now downloadable from the Google Play store for Nexus 7 devices. I have been waiting for this! Nice to be able to watch something on my tablet while wife or kids got something else on

Norton Security cacked after the 4.2 update. Uninstalled.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MantisToboggan View Post
    Why doesn't HBO Go work? Because of Jelly Bean or is it something with the Nexus?

The same question for this since I wanted to use Square for billing:
    I tweeted HBO and they said an update is in the works,.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    USA Today updated its app for phones and tablets -- still incompatible with Nexus 7.
    I emailed them and they told me that a version for Nexus 7 will be out around December.

Dolphin web browser went in the crapper after the 4.2 update. Have re-installed with no change. Suggestions?

Heads up for you all "Good for Enterprise" does not work if you upgrade to 4.2

ROM
    CM10.1

ResumeBear isn't incompatible either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    The Black Sheep doesn't mind getting dirty

the weather channel app does not work on 4.2, yet

I just updated to 4.2 yesterday and have found the Weather Channel app to work fine - app and widget. I don't know if I am just fortunate or not though.

How about Skype? I know I have some problems with it?
    Let me know if anyone has some solution?
    Thank u!

Arrow Re: Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

There is a thread for apps that are specifically broken (temporarily, one hopes) in the 4.2 update:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ken-4-2-a.html
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtous Affinity

I've had two issues using Skype... One, when video calling someone, if it rings too long, and I tap to end the call, it continues to ring. Two, if I transition to the home screen or another app during a video call, I can't get the video to restore. Both problems result in having to exit the app completely. In one instance, I had to force stop Skype before I could get it to work again. Hopefully things like this will be addressed in short time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    "The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
    iPhone 3G > BB Storm 1 > Incredible > Incredible 2

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler5 View Post
    Dolphin web browser went in the crapper after the 4.2 update. Have re-installed with no change. Suggestions?
    Working now. Currently using it with no problems.

Boat Browser Mini crashes if you attempt to download something.
    Guess they will need to update their app due to the new file structure for Android 4.2

HBO Go just updated on Google Play, supposed to be compatible with 4.2 now.

I can't install amazon app on my nexus 7... The play store says it's not compatible with my 'version'.... Anyone with the same issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

You're talking about the Amazon Mobile app, not the Amazon Appstore, right? I saw comments in Google Play about Amazon Mobile not being compatible with the N7, so you're not alone. In the Overview, they do say that Android 2.0 >and a rear facing camera< are required, so the N7's lack of rear facing camera might be the dealbreaker. Either that, or Amazon wants people to buy Kindle Fires instead.

Quote Originally Posted by James Changstein View Post
    I can't install amazon app on my nexus 7... The play store says it's not compatible with my 'version'.... Anyone with the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You're talking about the Amazon Mobile app, not the Amazon Appstore, right? I saw comments in Google Play about Amazon Mobile not being compatible with the N7, so you're not alone. In the Overview, they do say that Android 2.0 >and a rear facing camera< are required, so the N7's lack of rear facing camera might be the dealbreaker. Either that, or Amazon wants people to buy Kindle Fires instead.
    Amazon Mobile app works fine on my N7. Just tried. It was installed prior to the update though.

You can install it fr the Amazon app store too.

When I do a search on my N7 for "Amazon" on Google Play, I get "Amazon Mobile (Tablet)" instead of "Amazon Mobile." This seems to be the version that is compatible with the N7.

Anyone know about psx4droid and N7 v4.2, is there working version just now?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    When I do a search on my N7 for "Amazon" on Google Play, I get "Amazon Mobile (Tablet)" instead of "Amazon Mobile." This seems to be the version that is compatible with the N7.
    I had the old version installed (now shows as incompatible). The new one is essentially the same, a bit better functionality & usability.

Anyone get the Android Central app to work? If so, do you have a link to the apk file.

Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

Been on twitter, and the discover tab consistently crashes every time it it opened. Anyone have something to say about it? Maybe one of you admins know something? From the logcat it only throws a nullpointerexception