Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Default Re: Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Rees View Post
    Does anyone have a problem with Sky Go loading on their Google Nexus 7. I have downloaded (and uninstalled) the app several times but all I can get is the green pulsating light, nothing more than that happens. Both my sons also had the Nexus 7 for Xmas and this app works OK on their devices. From everything I can see we are all running the same OS and all the settings are the same. The only difference is that they have the 16GB version and I have the 32GB version. Any advice gratefully received.
    I have Sky Go working fine. It says you can only register 2 devices per household - is that the issue perhaps?

I have been using HBO Go on my Nexus7 sense day 1 no problems.

One of the main Chrome apps I use on my notebook is Transcribe(.wrealy.com). I am wondering: does this one work on the Nexus 7? I haven't got a Nexus yet, am thinking of buying it, but that this works is rather paramount. It doesn't work on my GNex Chrome. Could one of you check this for me?

It basically should give a webpage in which you load an mp3 or wav file so that you can transcribe conversations. With the help of an external keyboard you should be able to transcribe the conversation to text, auto saving it as you go, going back and forth, pausing and resuming, slowing and speeding up the audio with the shortcut keys (the Esc, F1-4 keys). Technically, a Nexus tablet with chrome and an external keyboard like the Logitec bluetooth keyboard should be able to do so.

This function would decide whether or not I get a Nexus 7, or buy a new laptop, as I use it on a daily basis.

Let me know, thanks!
    sampoodle likes this.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Note to CNN, it's February 2013. Enough already with the lack of support!

I've downloaded an app 'WakeVoice Vocal Alarm Clock' it's intended for a phone

Would it be OK to use it on a Nexus 7 ?

Here's an odd one: Fish Reef Deluxe. My sister is absolutely ADDICTED to this silly game, which I guess used to be Nexus 7-happy.
    Anyway, her tablet died and I had to return it. Google's tech support folk were very easy to talk to and the return went very smoothly, but when the new model came and she tried to re-install all her games the Fish one was listed as incompatible and it wouldn't let her install it!
    Eventually I was able to find the apk and manually do it, and it works perfectly. I don't know what they're on about it being incompatible.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by SirRosencrantz View Post
    One of the main Chrome apps I use on my notebook is Transcribe(.wrealy.com). I am wondering: does this one work on the Nexus 7? I haven't got a Nexus yet, am thinking of buying it, but that this works is rather paramount. It doesn't work on my GNex Chrome. Could one of you check this for me?

It basically should give a webpage in which you load an mp3 or wav file so that you can transcribe conversations. With the help of an external keyboard you should be able to transcribe the conversation to text, auto saving it as you go, going back and forth, pausing and resuming, slowing and speeding up the audio with the shortcut keys (the Esc, F1-4 keys). Technically, a Nexus tablet with chrome and an external keyboard like the Logitec bluetooth keyboard should be able to do so.

This function would decide whether or not I get a Nexus 7, or buy a new laptop, as I use it on a daily basis.

Let me know, thanks!
    I don't have an external keyboard to try with, but I could load the page you referenced. Then load an mp3 but couldn't proceed without a physical keyboard so I can not say if it would function. I doid find an article saying an iOS and android app were in the works, but who know when that will be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts

Kijiji

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Whatever I use for my dish network works better than my computer

I have recently bought a new Nexus 7 and I tried downloading certain apps including ITV player and it says that 'my device is not compatible with this app' How can this be when the device is brand new??

Sky Go uses so much of the battery. My tablet is brand new and overnight it lost 30% of its battery life because Sky Go was downloaded

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yazmyn Ellis View Post
    I have recently bought a new Nexus 7 and I tried downloading certain apps including ITV player and it says that 'my device is not compatible with this app' How can this be when the device is brand new??
    It is only supported on specific Samsung phones. If you have one of those, you can download it, find the .APK file and install that on your Nexus 7.

Alan

Being brand new doesn't necessarily mean a device will be compatible with every app out there. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to it actually. There are several major apps that aren't compatible with the N7. The one that immediately springs to mind for me is BEST BUY's official app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

How do you upload photos and songs that you have/brought on the google nexus onto a computer?

How do you upload photos and songs that you have/brought on the google nexus onto a computer?
    Start a new topic for new questions unrelated to the current topic please.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Diigo keeps shutting down on me.

Add IGrill to your list. It's all because IGrill is lagging!!

Optimum app now working with my n7. Still can't believe max go still not compatible.
    Droid x86

I noticed two games that don't work on the Nexus 7. I tried different versions of both games and they both seem to crash or hang.

Justice League and the new Superman game... anyone had any troubles with them? Nexus 7 3G on JB 4.2.1

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

ABC NEWS not compatible.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean 4.2 stock

ITV player works fine if you can sideload it.

I had the optimum app installed on my first gen Nexus 7...however, the 2nd gen is not compatible...WTF gives?!?!

CNN loads fine on mine

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Instagram Works on my Nexus 7 (2013)

I can't get the Android Central app, HBO GO, or Netflix. Error code 497 or invalid page file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to email Google and gave them my number to call me. All I ever got was a spammed/canned message saying they couldn't reach me. What a load of crap. I'm also shocked AC hasn't done an article about this yet.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast