Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

whynotv2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The fact that you all have your Nexus 7 and can talk about this type of stuff should make you happy. I haven't received a charge or tracking number after ordering mine around 530am on the 27th and I just read that Google stated accessories (I ordered the case/cover) are delaying orders. So no pouting! The app developers are most likely aware of their apps not working on JellyBean and are in process of updating their apps.

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Instagram doesn't work on the Nexus 7. Compatibility error message

this is problem with android. I returned samsung galaxy tab plus. it is annoying so many apps are not working

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
The Xfinity Player App was my work around for HBO Go, it downloads, but no videos from any source will stream.

No browsers with flash (Sigh) will be able to play the Xfinity videos from the site. FireFox is not compatible, and Dolphin can not go to the site.

Also:
Xfinity Connect
BesyBuy
Target
Walmart
Home Depot
Smart Tools
Nova 2
Dead Space
The old Android Central App (Not the widget)
NORAD Santa Tracker (Very important, I know)
Doodle Jump
BackStab
All Sims games
Asphault 6
N4S: Shift

And of course, Adobe Flash Player

These are the ones I found at least.

What???? No Santa Tracker????? Glad I canceled my order :) :) :)
Sucks that Asphalt 6 doesn't work though. One of my fave.

moss27

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The official Xbox Live app does not work. When I opened it a prompt came up telling me to go to xbox.com instead, as the app won't work good enough on the device.

TrackerF16

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Genes emulator crashes when you click on anything

Any app published by EA games, to include plants vs zombies

found a new one, EPIX movie stream. try to play, crashes, try to restart.. resest my whole freaking tablet

man, i was thinking being on the leading edge of android was going to be fun... soo many compatibility issues :(

Last edited:

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Well... I'm actually having an issue with the Facebook app. I'm getting freezes/random restarts when accessing it... so I deleted it for now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Gonna keep a running list of apps I use that aren't available on the Nexus 7. And by that I mean not able to install from Google Play, which is what most folks do.

Presumably some will be checking for a camera, and that'll cause problems. Others ... I dunno what their deal is.

• Delta Air Lines - No idea why it's not available
  • Instagram - presumably because the tablet doesn't have a rear-facing camera
  • CNN - Though that's not necessarily a bad thing? :p
  • HBO Go - Grrrrrrrrrr

I may be doing something wrong or am just not aware but what about the Android Central app?? I dont see it when i search and from the download history it says its not compatible.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a few games not working, Lightopus was a fun one I can't get from the store. A few others as well, seems like it's mostly a few games I can't get installed.

welcome to the world of tablets. Can you download the phone version?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

That's what this thread is about, apps you can't download.

The fact that you all have your Nexus 7 and can talk about this type of stuff should make you happy. I haven't received a charge or tracking number after ordering mine around 530am on the 27th and I just read that Google stated accessories (I ordered the case/cover) are delaying orders. So no pouting! The app developers are most likely aware of their apps not working on JellyBean and are in process of updating their apps.

Seriously? We don't have enough individual threads complaining about Play Store Nexus's, we have to start talking about it in threads that have nothing to do with them?

Reactions: TrackerF16

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Back when I got my Galaxy Tab, I was able to load the "phone version" of Slingplayer that I had already purchased just fine...but eventually ended up buying the tab version anyway because it supported higher quality video and better UI and controls...so now I have both. I would think that with the 7" screen of Nexus 7, if you already have purchased the phone version you should be able to roll with it if you don't feel like spending extra $$$...but that's a different story as far as whether you can even install it on JB.

I'm still waiting on my Nexus 7...and a new power supply for my Slingbox(!), so I'm not sure yet what works.

The "tablet" version is for 3.x. I I bought the phone version long before Honeycomb came out and just installed that. It works fine on 4.1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cmunic8r99

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
After a quick look at some of my previously installed apps, these won't allow install to the N7:

Adobe Flash Player (but we knew that, right?)
Amazon Mobile The version in the Play Store won't install on N7, but it will install from the Amazon App Store
AnTuTu Benchmark
Asphalt 6: Adrenaline
Barcode Scanner (and just about every other barcode scanning app I looked at)
Edmunds
Firefox
ADW
Accuweather for Android
Monster.com
Sams Club (ironic, since that's where I bought my N7)

Installs, but acts odd:

CraigsnNotifica - installs, but can't open search results in landscape.

Last edited:

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I notice Soundhound Infinity UI breaks down pretty bad. Usable, but not good looking. The layout doesn't put things where they need to go.

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
does anybody know if the app USB/BT joystick center 6 works with the Nexus 7? i'm hoping it does so i can use my new icontrol pad with it and do touch emulation with the app once i'm rooted. if nobody knows i'll jump the gun when i get both the nexus 7 and the icontrol pad and let you all know for those that are interested

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae