Apps that don't work on the Nexus 7

jyoungjr

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
flipboard was working until the latest update. Now it causes my tablet to turn the screen off over and over again. VERY annoying... anyone else having this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

try the dolphin browser it plays flash

Brian Lake

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Cigar Monster and that Free Cigar App no longer work, I paid for one of those too lol.

I guess I need to find another cigar rating application, though I hear Thompson might be okay, though I'd prefer one without all the reviews and ratings and buying info that isn't mine.. I suspect the Free Beer app is causing restarts, no idea how though.

The Amazon App's don't work on the Nexus 7 in any capacity, same with Instant Video.

Anne Rees

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem with Sky Go loading on their Google Nexus 7. I have downloaded (and uninstalled) the app several times but all I can get is the green pulsating light, nothing more than that happens. Both my sons also had the Nexus 7 for Xmas and this app works OK on their devices. From everything I can see we are all running the same OS and all the settings are the same. The only difference is that they have the 16GB version and I have the 32GB version. Any advice gratefully received.

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
National Trust app is not supported (apparently, according to Google Play on the web). ANyone know if it will be? It works fine on my Galaxy S3 running JB

Alan

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
All Recipes. Which is silly because the Nexus 7 would make the perfect cookbook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a problem with Sky Go loading on their Google Nexus 7. I have downloaded (and uninstalled) the app several times but all I can get is the green pulsating light, nothing more than that happens. Both my sons also had the Nexus 7 for Xmas and this app works OK on their devices. From everything I can see we are all running the same OS and all the settings are the same. The only difference is that they have the 16GB version and I have the 32GB version. Any advice gratefully received.

I have Sky Go working fine. It says you can only register 2 devices per household - is that the issue perhaps?

SirRosencrantz

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
One of the main Chrome apps I use on my notebook is Transcribe(.wrealy.com). I am wondering: does this one work on the Nexus 7? I haven't got a Nexus yet, am thinking of buying it, but that this works is rather paramount. It doesn't work on my GNex Chrome. Could one of you check this for me?

It basically should give a webpage in which you load an mp3 or wav file so that you can transcribe conversations. With the help of an external keyboard you should be able to transcribe the conversation to text, auto saving it as you go, going back and forth, pausing and resuming, slowing and speeding up the audio with the shortcut keys (the Esc, F1-4 keys). Technically, a Nexus tablet with chrome and an external keyboard like the Logitec bluetooth keyboard should be able to do so.

This function would decide whether or not I get a Nexus 7, or buy a new laptop, as I use it on a daily basis.

Let me know, thanks!

Marc Mielke

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Here's an odd one: Fish Reef Deluxe. My sister is absolutely ADDICTED to this silly game, which I guess used to be Nexus 7-happy.
Anyway, her tablet died and I had to return it. Google's tech support folk were very easy to talk to and the return went very smoothly, but when the new model came and she tried to re-install all her games the Fish one was listed as incompatible and it wouldn't let her install it!
Eventually I was able to find the apk and manually do it, and it works perfectly. I don't know what they're on about it being incompatible.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
One of the main Chrome apps I use on my notebook is Transcribe(.wrealy.com). I am wondering: does this one work on the Nexus 7? I haven't got a Nexus yet, am thinking of buying it, but that this works is rather paramount. It doesn't work on my GNex Chrome. Could one of you check this for me?

It basically should give a webpage in which you load an mp3 or wav file so that you can transcribe conversations. With the help of an external keyboard you should be able to transcribe the conversation to text, auto saving it as you go, going back and forth, pausing and resuming, slowing and speeding up the audio with the shortcut keys (the Esc, F1-4 keys). Technically, a Nexus tablet with chrome and an external keyboard like the Logitec bluetooth keyboard should be able to do so.

This function would decide whether or not I get a Nexus 7, or buy a new laptop, as I use it on a daily basis.

Let me know, thanks!

I don't have an external keyboard to try with, but I could load the page you referenced. Then load an mp3 but couldn't proceed without a physical keyboard so I can not say if it would function. I doid find an article saying an iOS and android app were in the works, but who know when that will be.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yazmyn Ellis

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have recently bought a new Nexus 7 and I tried downloading certain apps including ITV player and it says that 'my device is not compatible with this app' How can this be when the device is brand new??

Sky Go uses so much of the battery. My tablet is brand new and overnight it lost 30% of its battery life because Sky Go was downloaded

Last edited by a moderator:

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I have recently bought a new Nexus 7 and I tried downloading certain apps including ITV player and it says that 'my device is not compatible with this app' How can this be when the device is brand new??

It is only supported on specific Samsung phones. If you have one of those, you can download it, find the .APK file and install that on your Nexus 7.

Alan

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Being brand new doesn't necessarily mean a device will be compatible with every app out there. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to it actually. There are several major apps that aren't compatible with the N7. The one that immediately springs to mind for me is BEST BUY's official app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD