Google Play Cancelled my order :/

kdp7462

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi All-
My wife ordered me this nexus 7 for my birthday, ordering it on the 29th. I was super excited to possibly receive it this week....but she just put our billing address in. We have a PO box, and with shipping UPS, they cannot ship to PO. Instead or reaching out, google just cancelled the order. We received the email tonight :( I called support and basically was told that so many customers were putting in PO boxes, they could not reverse the cancelled order. Their system cannot set up to change an address once an order is placed...even if we knew about this a week ago?! :mad:

Anyway-I hung up and am debating on just ordering through Staples, with an expected delivery between the 12-17th. Would I still get the credit to the play store and other bonuses? Would it make sense to do that or order through google play and basically go to the back of the line, again?

Super bummed, I am on vacation this week and looked forward to playing with it while I had the time!

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
staples told me the credit and the bonuses will be given on activation as long as you order before 7/15(basically you just have to pre order it to get them.)

kdp7462

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!
Just ordered a 16 gb version. With the free shipping it actually cost just 20 bucks more than the 8gb my wife preordered for me!

Now, I have to wait :-\ I've never been very patient :)

kdp7462

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
On the order summary it said expected delivery the 17th. I know its later than I would have gotten with the original order, but I'm ok with it since I was able to upgrade to the 16-and probably less than 5 days later

michael13162

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On the order summary it said expected delivery the 17th. I know its later than I would have gotten with the original order, but I'm ok with it since I was able to upgrade to the 16-and probably less than 5 days later

Not necessarily. Staples is telling everyone that it will arrive on the 17th. It will most likely come before that. Also, there is no first come first serve. That would be too much to handle. However, I do not know if there are "waves".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress