Leaving the Good Ole' US of A

skcseth

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

The family and I will be moving to Italy due to a lucky set of orders, and I have already pre ordered my (16 GB) Nexus 7. My questions are: What apps will work overseas? Specifically in Italy and Europe in general (as we'll be traveling pretty extensively)? Will I have a problem with foreign WiFi, or are all WiFI connections the same through out the world? Need to know what I'm getting myself into here!

Thanks in advance AC! And keep up the great work!

-SG

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all!

The family and I will be moving to Italy due to a lucky set of orders, and I have already pre ordered my (16 GB) Nexus 7. My questions are: What apps will work overseas? Specifically in Italy and Europe in general (as we'll be traveling pretty extensively)? Will I have a problem with foreign WiFi, or are all WiFI connections the same through out the world? Need to know what I'm getting myself into here!

Thanks in advance AC! And keep up the great work!

-SG

Which apps would you be worried about not working? They are all stored on your device, even location-based apps should work as intended.

WiFi has been standardized with b, g and n signals. Nothing to worry about there. If there was a router your nexus couldn't communicate with, it would be rather rare. There is a chance the router could be on channel 12 or 13 since our American wireless products are designed for 11 channels. Because of tourism, those cases are probably few and far between.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

skcseth

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Right now, I'm primarily concerned with Google services such as Music, Drive, Magazines, etc. Also Google content like Books. I know other countries have limited availability to some Google services.
I don't think I have too many other services to worry about other than maybe Rhapsody or Netflix and other subscripton services of the ilk.