Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for treating us play customers as a secondary priority, Google :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
One of the first comments below the article (as of writing this) is:

"Don?t worry, this article is essentially lying. I tried to buy it from Adorama but noticed a warning sign that said ?This item is currently on the way to our warehouse and is expected in a few days.? They don?t have it yet so you?re essentially pre-ordering them for a ??very soon to soonish" ship date."

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
and the update to the article reads

"Ebuyer: Listing has now been switched back to pre-order. Availability expected 7/19."

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
and the update to the article reads

"Ebuyer: Listing has now been switched back to pre-order. Availability expected 7/19."

And is also reads: adorama, in stock

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
personally I think it's a little shady to throw it in like that as you check out. Kinda like they're hoping to bait people who don't read as they check out or accept terms (95% of people*)

*According to an imaginary study I made up for this post

Reactions: luke31

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
personally I think it's a little shady to throw it in like that as you check out. Kinda like they're hoping to bait people who don't read as they check out or accept terms (95% of people*)

*According to an imaginary study I made up for this post

Perfectly agree. It's really sneaky. The Site makes it look like it's ready to ship.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just called my Gamestop -- we're a pretty small town but he told me they'd had one pre-order that came in today and was picked up already. But they don't have them IN the store for sale.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I just called my Gamestop -- we're a pretty small town but he told me they'd had one pre-order that came in today and was picked up already. But they don't have them IN the store for sale.

I read somewhere that GS computers were all blocked from all nexus 7 activity. Maybe I should call just for the hell of it and say if I pre-ordered can I come pick it up now? Just to see what they will say.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I called my local Gamestop and they have them but arent selling them yet. They also told me that today is the last day to pre order the second wave which should arrive on august 7 or earlier. There will be no walk in purchases also just pre orders.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That was probably one of the most pointless calls I've ever made.

I was answered by what sounded like a cute girl.

She then me told me "They pushed the date back". I sounded surprised and said "Ohh they did?"

Then she told me one second. I heard a bunch of typing and then she came back on the phone and told me "Semptember 30th"

lol True story. Granted I did purposely call the one at a few miles away from me at the mall because I knew it would be the busiest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ftspyder

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
That was probably one of the most pointless calls I've ever made.

I was answered by what sounded like a cute girl.

She told me told me "They pushed the date back". I sounded surprised and said "Ohh they did?"

Then she told me one second. I heard a bunch of typing and then she came back on the phone and told me "Semptember 30th"

lol True story. Granted I did purposely call the one at a few miles away from me at the mall because I knew it would be the busiest.

I literally laughed out loud. Thank you for that.

Fuzzone

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I called my local Gamestop and they have them but arent selling them yet. They also told me that today is the last day to pre order the second wave which should arrive on august 7 or earlier. There will be no walk in purchases also just pre orders.

I called my local (22102) store and got the same story, except they are quoting a mid August date for delivery.

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I called my local (22102) store and got the same story, except they are quoting a mid August date for delivery.

This seems to be true as I just preordered mine yesterday from gamestop. They do have them in the stores already but only enough for those who preordered. I'm supposedly in the second wave and was told that would be August 14th.