Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 7 Now Available

    Apparently some online retailers have them already and have officially started selling them today.

    Source:
  2. #2  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Thanks for treating us play customers as a secondary priority, Google

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Wow.... this is my angry face...
  4. #4  

    Default

    One of the first comments below the article (as of writing this) is:

    "Donít worry, this article is essentially lying. I tried to buy it from Adorama but noticed a warning sign that said ďThis item is currently on the way to our warehouse and is expected in a few days.Ē They donít have it yet so youíre essentially pre-ordering them for a íívery soon to soonish" ship date."
  5. #5  

    Default

    and the update to the article reads

    "Ebuyer: Listing has now been switched back to pre-order. Availability expected 7/19."

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock-Monkey Pete View Post
    and the update to the article reads

    "Ebuyer: Listing has now been switched back to pre-order. Availability expected 7/19."

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    And is also reads: adorama, in stock

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    And is also reads: adorama, in stock

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Which is weird
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 Now Available-uploadfromtaptalk1342110131017.jpg  
  8. #8  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock-Monkey Pete View Post
    Which is weird
    Doesn't say that for me.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Doesn't say that for me.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    try ordering it, that's in the shopping cart

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 Now Available-uploadfromtaptalk1342110405871.jpg  
  11. #11  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock-Monkey Pete View Post
    try ordering it, that's in the shopping cart

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Oh ok.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default

    personally I think it's a little shady to throw it in like that as you check out. Kinda like they're hoping to bait people who don't read as they check out or accept terms (95% of people*)


    *According to an imaginary study I made up for this post

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    luke31 
    John-Smith likes this.
  13. #13  
    luke31's Avatar

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    632 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sock-Monkey Pete View Post
    personally I think it's a little shady to throw it in like that as you check out. Kinda like they're hoping to bait people who don't read as they check out or accept terms (95% of people*)


    *According to an imaginary study I made up for this post

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Perfectly agree. It's really sneaky. The Site makes it look like it's ready to ship.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    I just called my Gamestop -- we're a pretty small town but he told me they'd had one pre-order that came in today and was picked up already. But they don't have them IN the store for sale.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.
  15. #15  
    John-Smith's Avatar

    Posts
    421 Posts
    ROM
    CM 9.1

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by debsdroid View Post
    I just called my Gamestop -- we're a pretty small town but he told me they'd had one pre-order that came in today and was picked up already. But they don't have them IN the store for sale.
    I read somewhere that GS computers were all blocked from all nexus 7 activity. Maybe I should call just for the hell of it and say if I pre-ordered can I come pick it up now? Just to see what they will say.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    I called my local Gamestop and they have them but arent selling them yet. They also told me that today is the last day to pre order the second wave which should arrive on august 7 or earlier. There will be no walk in purchases also just pre orders.
  17. #17  
    John-Smith's Avatar

    Posts
    421 Posts
    ROM
    CM 9.1

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    That was probably one of the most pointless calls I've ever made.

    I was answered by what sounded like a cute girl.

    She then me told me "They pushed the date back". I sounded surprised and said "Ohh they did?"

    Then she told me one second. I heard a bunch of typing and then she came back on the phone and told me "Semptember 30th"

    lol True story. Granted I did purposely call the one at a few miles away from me at the mall because I knew it would be the busiest.
    Last edited by John-Smith; 07-12-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Ftspyder, AlphaVictor87 and kaao like this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by John-Smith View Post
    That was probably one of the most pointless calls I've ever made.

    I was answered by what sounded like a cute girl.

    She told me told me "They pushed the date back". I sounded surprised and said "Ohh they did?"

    Then she told me one second. I heard a bunch of typing and then she came back on the phone and told me "Semptember 30th"

    lol True story. Granted I did purposely call the one at a few miles away from me at the mall because I knew it would be the busiest.
    I literally laughed out loud. Thank you for that.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ftspyder View Post
    I called my local Gamestop and they have them but arent selling them yet. They also told me that today is the last day to pre order the second wave which should arrive on august 7 or earlier. There will be no walk in purchases also just pre orders.
    I called my local (22102) store and got the same story, except they are quoting a mid August date for delivery.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzone View Post
    I called my local (22102) store and got the same story, except they are quoting a mid August date for delivery.
    This seems to be true as I just preordered mine yesterday from gamestop. They do have them in the stores already but only enough for those who preordered. I'm supposedly in the second wave and was told that would be August 14th.
  21. #21  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Quote Originally Posted by Ftspyder View Post
    Apparently some online retailers have them already and have officially started selling them today.

    Source:
    Eubuyers consumers won't get it until 7/19
    Adorama actually still don't have the N7 and might get them to today. FYI if you go to there site you can add to the cart and they have disclaimer on the N7 that goes like this "*Note: Please Note! This Item is on the way to our warehouse and is expected in a few d...?" They might get it today but doesn't mean they can sell it today. Google has not let anyone down. The retail stores are just leaking or speculating information on there own behalf and nothing to do with Google. Google has the final say on when retailers can sell their product and Google has not stated anything.
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 07-12-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    I ordered within an hour of the conference ending on June 27, so I'm pretty sure I'll be in the first wave. My UPS guy ALWAYS leaves my packages at my door hidden behind my patio junk, so I should be good to go if he gets there while I'm gone.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    If you go back to the source link it says Adorma has received 30 units and have started selling them, they also have a picture for proof. I want mine!
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    Ordered from Adorama on the phone, had them in stock, received email confirmation and all. However, an hour later, received email from customer service saying my order is delayed, and that they can't send them out at this time. I wonder why Google is not allowing retailers that have it in stock from actually shipping them out today?

    Seems like the pre-orders won't go out until late next week at the earliest.
  25. #25  
    jbc28's Avatar

    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Now Available

    My local Gamestop has them in stock too. They did not know the release date. So much for pre-ordering.

    I think that I am going to refuse shipment just to prove a point. Why pay shipping when I can stop by on my way home from work and buy one in store?
    Unicorn Rancher likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B