how much storage is user accessible on the 16GB Nexus 7?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
how much storage is user accessible on the 16GB Nexus 7?

on Google's Nexus 7 website, it only says 5.6GB is user accessible on the 8GB model.

Is it safe to assume the 16GB model will have 13.6GB of user accessible storage space?
(5.6GB + 8GB extra = 13.6GB)

I'm guessing this means a 1080p MKV movie that's 11GB in size will probably not fit on
the Nexus 7? It plays fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 right now.... the 11GB file
is divided into 4 parts to stay under the FAT32 4GB limit, but otherwise plays smoothly,
using built-in video player and the Dice video player. The only reason I didn't convert
it is that it takes time to convert the videos.... whereas it only takes me 20 seconds to
split it into 4 parts using Tsmuxer and/or MKV2VOB(which renders it to uncompressed
video to save CPU power)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you can compress it to a smaller resolution or maybe convert it to a different format to make a smaller file. I doubt the 11gb file will fit.

By the way, are you having problems with Mkv2Vob and Tsmuxer?

When I first started using it a few years ago it worked almost flawlessly. But nowadays, I seem to get many many errors that won't let me convert the .Mkv file.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
By the way, are you having problems with Mkv2Vob and Tsmuxer?

When I first started using it a few years ago it worked almost flawlessly. But nowadays, I seem to get many many errors that won't let me convert the .Mkv file.

I'm using the older versions of MKV2VOB(v2.4.9) and Tsmuxer(v1.10.6)from a while ago.
The most recent versions gave me nothing but troubles. After I downloaded/installed the
older versions, I set my firewall to block MKV2VOB from updating itself. Works great
after that! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall