Just cancelled my Play store order

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is the single most re-tar-ded thread I've yet to see on AC. The self righteous indignation being shown down right hi-la-ri-ous and very sad. Some people....:confused:

In other news.... In a recording that can be heard through Google?s Support line, they've announced that Nexus 7 orders are shipping today and that all pre-orders will ship within the next three business days. Once your tablet ships, you will receive a confirmation email from Google. Calling them will get you no where ? you have to sit back and wait for the shipping email to arrive. To hear the good news for yourself, you can listen to the recording by calling Google Support at 1-855-83-NEXUS.

Really sad to see people become Google sheep just like Apple fans.

Google screwed over pre-order customers plain and simple. Had they admitted that pre-orders wouldn't be getting the device early or that all Nexus 7 buyers would get the $25 credit, hardly anybody would have bought from the Play store.

They screwed up. And that's probably why they wouldn't let anybody cancel orders either. They are probably worried the supply chain will now get flooded with refused shipments they have to deal with.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Really sad to see people become Google sheep just like Apple fans.

Google screwed over pre-order customers plain and simple. Had they admitted that pre-orders wouldn't be getting the device early or that all Nexus 7 buyers would get the $25 credit, hardly anybody would have bought from the Play store.

They screwed up. And that's probably why they wouldn't let anybody cancel orders either. They are probably worried the supply chain will now get flooded with refused shipments they have to deal with.

Yeah, they could have thought about this in advance. It doesn't take a genius to realize that once the stores would have them in stock people wouldn't wait for their "preorder" and just pick one up from a store and refuse shipment later. Had Google shipped them as soon as they got them, this would have not happened. Instead they chose to hoard them in a warehouse for god knows what.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I would love for someone to do this for me.

Show me anywhere that anyone has EVER said that pre-orders are guaranteed to arrive before they are available at a retail location.

Seems to me that Google did exactly what they said they would do, which is ship them 2-3 after they started taking pre-orders.

Gamestop selling them early is in violation of an agreement they made with Google probably. Gamestop isn't known to be the greatest when it comes to sticking with street dates.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

Show me anywhere that anyone has EVER said that pre-orders are guaranteed to arrive before they are available at a retail location.

Seems to me that Google did exactly what they said they would do, which is ship them 2-3 after they started taking pre-orders.

Gamestop selling them early is in violation of an agreement they made with Google probably. Gamestop isn't known to be the greatest when it comes to sticking with street dates.

I can understand same day. But here in Canada, Staples, Memory Express, NCIX are all selling. The Staples guy even told me that they are putting their stock on the floor on Monday and the website is shipping on Monday.

Not a single Canadian pre-order has been processed though. So that means, if you go and pick it up at any of those stores you'll get it a week before a pre-order.

I can understand a day. But a week? And that's after paying $19 shipping and 13% tax on the shipping.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine that if anyone violates a street date it is partly Google's fault for not enforcing it better.

At this point, with this many stores selling, I don't even know if it's possible to ascertain if street dates are being violated.

That and Google hasn't even bothered announcing a street date.

atkinsonmt

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This is Google's first real product launch, Amazon's competitive advantage is logistics, they will definitely execute something like this better. Google's probably relying on Asus for most of the logistics and when was the last time they had a product this popular? If I get mine by Wednesday I'll forgive them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Necrocis

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't trying to cancel so I could get it some elsewhere. I had a financial situation come up and didn't want to dip into savings or use a credit card. However, I had to so with the extended delay on a refund it made canceling moot.

nok1z

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I want to cancel my order but i cant find a telephone number to contact them on. Please can someone give me a contact number for google so i can cancel my nexus 7 and order somewhere else be currecntly its going to cost me ?10 in shipping when i can go collect one up the road from a local dealer. Please help me

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Those of you that are going to refuse shipment from UPS did you include an explanation of why you are returning the tablet in the note for the UPS guy? Google just said to include: return to sender, tracking number and signature so that's all I put.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
This is Google's first real product launch, Amazon's competitive advantage is logistics, they will definitely execute something like this better. Google's probably relying on Asus for most of the logistics and when was the last time they had a product this popular? If I get mine by Wednesday I'll forgive them.

The popularity is no excuse. One of the benefits for using pre-ordering for a merchant is to gauge demand. Google knew the demand was high. If they can't handle it, that's their fault. They should just state that they're behind because of logistics, instead of pulling this no firm release date garbage to give weasel room.

Even worse? They haven't updated the Nexus 7 shipping information recording on the play store line. It still says the first wave is shipping today, and the rest in the next 3 business days. I guess just leave that up forever and pre-order people should be happy.

What's coming but never arrives? The next 3 business days.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If you pre-ordered on June 27 - 29, you'll get yours Monday at the latest. UPS and Google ars overloaded. If you cancel a pre-order, you're nuts.

You'll get any pre-orders made between June 27 - July 1 next week.

That turned out to be wrong LOL!

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
@jbc28 you do realize google hasn't made an official announcement and they could wait until next week and still be inside the 2-3 week window. Also you don't know that the stores can sell before pre-orders are

I don't know where all this hatred is coming from. Preorders opened on what 6/27? They said would be delivered 2-3 weeks? It's only been two weeks. One of those being a holiday short week.

Google stated on Friday that orders had started shipping, and ALL preorders were to be shipped within 3 business days. I don't care what dates they gave in the past. This is their most up to date statement. Today is technically business day #2 (although considering people were getting tracking info on Saturday it should be #3). If everyone's order isn't out the door TOMORROW then they dropped the ball and false advertised. I don't see how there is any confusion about why people are pissed. I'm guessing the majority of you defending google, or complaining about people complaining already got there Nexus, in which case kindly STFU, as you don't have a leg to stand on.

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone produced this violated agreement between Gamsetop and Google.

Just saying....

Is it real or an urban legend?

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone produced this violated agreement between Gamsetop and Google?

Is it real or an urban legend?

And if Gamestop is such a devious company, what does it say about Google selecting them as a partner?

wesson1031

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered on the 13th and I just got a refund without my request.
I am so Frustrated I just Ordered a New Le Pan II 9.5 Tablet from AmzonI am getting it overnight and i am through with all of this Google Craziness.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma