The official I got my Nexus 7 thread XD

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If I go to Google play transformers dark of the moon shows up as 14.99 to buy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

It shouldn't do that I didn't even up the play store the movie was just there in the movies app

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

migman47

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Picked up mine earlier today at the local Gamestop (Redmond). I was part of the first wave of pre-orders. Originally I was going to pre-order through Google, glad I took this route instead. That's somewhat messed up, though, that Google Play customers have to wait a little while longer. Anyway, looking nice so far!

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up! They had been trying to call me but they entered my number wrong. I saw that some were selling them and called. Guys was like man we've been trying to call you.

adruda

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks google! It would have been a real pain having to enjoy my new N7T, ordered June 27 over the weekend! I would have misssed the pleasure of watching others who ordered later than I having their device already. Now I will be able to have it arrive in the middle of a work week were I will be able to no have time to even get it set up fully. Great job google play. I am really enjoying seen the google play ads all over the web sites. Remind me a gain why you don't suck. BTW: no card charge or any any word for play so far.

captcrossbones

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the $25 Google play credit as well as the movie. Photos posted on my Twitter account @captcrossbones to @androidcentral was pre-ordered from gamestop.

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Got the email that it has shipped, hopefully it will be here Monday. A couple days wont hurt anyone, plus the 6000 or so from I/O has had it longer.

mec0902

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
On a whim I called my local Sam's club, and sure enough they had it in stock. I walked it, saw one on display, played with it, and instantly fell in love. The sales person took forever to find me the last one, stating that it looks like someone hid it from where people would normally look. I purchased it and lefthappy. Sam's Club is selling it as the Asus Nexus 7. The manager told me that it wouldn't ring up in the system under its normal SKU. She had to manually enter it in as the Asus N7. Whatever, I got my Nexus.

merics

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yessiree, got mine today, three hours ago from GameStop. And yes, its a sweet device. Thinking of buying generic case until Nexus cases hit the street.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Why? Because some of us have ordered on the 27th have had no communication whatsoever from google regarding their tablet they ordered and paid a grotesque shipping charge AND sales tax?

Or is it because some people who ordered a week or more after are getting theirs today and have had more communication from GS, Staples, Office Depot etc.. Basically anyone else BUT google?

Don't feel sorry for us, feel sorry for google. We won't be buying a device from the play store ever again. :) Sorry Google. I love you, but you f'd up.

Sorry "to all the whiners" pre-ordering doesn't guarantee anything in all actuality, it only "ensures" you get a copy when it hit's shelves. Likewise people who chose to get it through Game-Stop or Best-Buy still had to pre-order it. After pre-orders....if the tablet does well and sells out everyone who pre-ordered will have one.....right? Yah, so quit b*TC*ing about other's getting it first. Whoopty SH**!!

Reactions: E_man

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's okay to dismiss the Google Play situation. We ordered before the keynote was over in many cases. We paid an exorbitant premium for shipping ($14 for 2-day) plus taxes. That loyalty must be repaid.

I think Google should refund the shipping. Preorder folks aren't going to see these until Monday at the earliest - 3 days after the folks who got their's today.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got the text this morning saying to pick it up. I called and they said that they did not have the shipment yet but may have it by the afternoon.
After work (around 4) I went in and the kid said that he had been told yesterday not to release them (so they were in the store the whole time) but that when he came in today, they had received a memo saying to give out the preorders only and that the tablet was in the system for $99,999.99 so they could not sell them to none preordered people.

I was very happy to get it, I was the first one to actually preorder it at my local GS but a few had come in before me to pick theirs up. So far it is a fantastic device.
The one con I noticed was that the volume, like on my Galaxy Nexus, seems low, luckily I already bought Volume+ for the GN so I just downloaded it and problem rectified.

I also can confirm as well that I got the Transformers movie, the Bourne book, the magazines, AND the $25 credit as well right after registering the device. The credit is applied to whatever account you register the tablet to so be warned.

Now for all those pissed that GS customers got their's early, I personally was expecting to get mine a few weeks AFTER GP orders were shipped. I specifically ordered it from GameStop to not have to pay shipping AND to throw in a few used games to reduce the price (Which pretty much just covered the taxes). Now if we had not gotten ours yet and you (The Google Play complainers) had still gotten yours in a few days, what would have changed? Nothing. Google does not "Owe" anyone anything. If anything GS got Google to ship the other preorders earlier by forcing there hand, so GameStop allowing preorders to be picked up early actually helped GP customers. So please stow the complaining and the feelings of entitlement.

Now this is my first tablet, and I feel that it is an excellent device. I truely hope that ALL N7 orders get to their rightful hands quickly. Just note that you have one year to use that $25 credit btw, I saw that after that, they take the credit back.

Last edited:
Reactions: cohoman