No flash got you down? Try this fix

DMorrisPE

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded both .apk files from your links, set the Security as instructed. When I click and install file...1, it shows Flash version 11.1, as does file...2. What versions are they supposed to be? I suspect that file1 has been accidentally linked to the newer file. Shouldn't it be version 9 or 10?

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have downloaded both .apk files from your links, set the Security as instructed. When I click and install file...1, it shows Flash version 11.1, as does file...2. What versions are they supposed to be? I suspect that file1 has been accidentally linked to the newer file. Shouldn't it be version 9 or 10?

Both are Adobe Flash 11.1, just different versions.

File #1 Adobe Flash Player 11.1 (11.1.115.008)
File #2 Adobe Flash Player 11.1 (11.1.115.012)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nexus7noob

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much!! was gonna cry if I traded my ipad for a brick with no flash, still haven't gotten HBO go to work, but now that I have flash, I can stop stressing.

:-* xoxo

Deradorn

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I only wish this fix worked for my DROID RAZR. I tried it but no luck. I tried a factory reset but it didn't help either ICS screwed up my phone but at least I loving JB on my nexus 7

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried a factory reset but it didn't help either ICS screwed up my phone

I hear ya, my mom, sister , and fiance all have RAZR phones.

My mom's ICS update seemed not to change anything.
My fianc?'s may be actually better.
My sister's though, jacked her phone up. She did a factory reset, but it only made it suck less.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
So just curious what do I NEED Flash for if the apps I use already work? I use stock browser, Netflix, ect and all work just fine. I get that embedded videos might need it but I can view most of them in youtube now a days. Is there a need for flash generally speaking?

myhui

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
You need Flash if you or your kids want to run Animal Jam's website:

Animal Jam - Meet friends, adopts pets, and play wild!

I got my N7 working with Flash and the above comes up so-so, but the motion is quite jerky and performance definitely needs improvement.

Maybe that's why it was pulled? I suspect many of the GUI conventions are no longer compatible with how Flash works so it's a hit-or-miss affair.

But if you go on that site and notice how many person-hours has gone into creating that entire virtual environment, you can imagine how many more person-hours it'll take to rewrite it for HTML5. It is an immense task.

But at least I can say that my child can play Animal Jam on a tablet while other kids with iPads cannot.

myhui

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes, I went to the Microsoft store at a nearby mall and the geeks there pulled out an oh-so-secret Samsung tablet running Windows 8 and they let me try that same website on it. The motion is also jerky. But on my Win7 desktop it works wonderfully well: smooth and quick.

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm a figure skating (and Olympic sports in general) fan, and competitions are streamed pretty much exclusively in Flash. It just completely depends on your own interests/hobbies and what websites you use.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So just curious what do I NEED Flash for if the apps I use already work? I use stock browser, Netflix, ect and all work just fine. I get that embedded videos might need it but I can view most of them in youtube now a days. Is there a need for flash generally speaking?

The Major networks ABC NBC CBS Fox Stream their content in flash. Since I no longer have Comcast if I missed a show I can watch it online at one of those sites

TheHawkWhoLived

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Dolphin doesn't work. How do I get Firefox? I went to the Firefox website and clicked download, but all it does is take me to a play store link that wont let me download.

colin_25

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this, worked a treat.

hardest bit was downloading 2nd link for new flash. I couldn't do it in chrome, but explorer worked. Don't know why as old flash link worked fine.

Otherwise worked fine, and watching BBC now (just to test)

colin_25

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Dolphin doesn't work. How do I get Firefox? I went to the Firefox website and clicked download, but all it does is take me to a play store link that wont let me download.

I had same problem, but used direct from site, not playstore

or go to firefox.com/m in your phone's web browser.

nhboomer

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The Puffin browser available in the Play Store supports flash and works on the Nexus 7 with no modification necessary. You get two weeks of use for free but will have to buy the paid version after that in order to have flash.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

if u want to use Flash, don't use FF. it's very, very wonky. install flash 11.1 and THEN, install Dolphin 8.5.1. turn off auto updating...

Reactions: K4Y

Cutasot

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
thanks to this topic I now have flash installed on both FireFox and Dolphin - without any prior android experience this took maybe 2 minutes. Seems to work fairly well - occasionally freezing and crashing in my tests.... but to get flash on a device that otherwise wouldn't have it, I'm pretty happy!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
how do i make sure the dolphin auto updates are off?

you'll have to turn off ALL auto updating. there is no setting for just one app, unlike my Bionic for which I can set updating options for each app. go to the play store and then go to settings, to turn OFF auto-update apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513