Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: No flash got you down? Try this fix

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    No. However, you can install the stock Android non-chrome browser. See the Flash sticky.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Where can one find said Flash Sticky?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    bummer, Odd1one, but thanks for a fast reply.
    So essentially for now, the only browsers that flash will work on are FF/Beta and FF/Aurora?

Just curious? What exactly IS the logic of eliminating flash support on these browsers?

Thanks
    And boat browser, and xscope browser and the stock browser.

Where can one find said Flash Sticky?

Thanks
    Um, at the top of the Nexus 7 board?

Ok but no such sticky but I see now that you have to root the device to accomplish that. I don't want to do that as it is for a friend.

As for xscope I don't see a free version. I'll take a look for boat browser

Thanks

Thanks for this work around, doesn't show up in best resolution though. Looks very pixelated. Also, couldn't figure out how to get FF to rotate to horizontal view.

Ok but no such sticky but I see now that you have to root the device to accomplish that. I don't want to do that as it is for a friend.

Thanks
    I just checked the sticky, it's still there. And you don't need to root the device, either.

Thanks
    You Dont have to root at all. Go to menu and UN tick the allow non market installations on the security tab, install the two flash files then install Firefox that's it.

Omg thank you do much for this tut. Can't believe it worked!

Thanks for this, a great tip.

The old versions of Flash Player are available from the adobe website for anyone a bit wary of installing from unknown sources. I used 11.1.112.60 followed by 11.1.115.17 and it worked perfectly.

Archived Flash Player versions
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #160  

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlec View Post

The old versions of Flash Player are available from the adobe website for anyone a bit wary of installing from unknown sources. I used 11.1.112.60 followed by 11.1.115.17 and it worked perfectly.

Thank you for this, I might just have to throw a link to this archive on the OP. As someone who dislikes downloading not from a trusted source, I can see the immediate value.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JustAlec View Post

I updated the Flash sticky with the latest version from XDA. It has the smoothest playback.

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    I updated the Flash sticky with the latest version from XDA. It has the smoothest playback.

That's where I got mine from too. I have flash on my Nexus 7 and its running fine and smooth.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

I can not thank you enough for figuring this out!!!! This just saved me so much time and effort. I bought my Nexus 7 - 32Gb yesterday and was so bummed when I tried to go to the Amazon site to watch a video on my Prime. I was in such high hopes that I wouldn't have to root my brand new device!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I installed Aurora and quickly deleted it as it kept crashing. I also, flash didn't install. It was grayed out.

Try post 22.. Did it, worked well on Boat browser. Better than before.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

My browsers keep crashing.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzy123 View Post
    My browsers keep crashing.
    If it's Firefox Beta, they just released a fix VERY recently, and it's not showing up consistently in the Play Store yet.

You want the version that says Nov 15th, not the 8th. If you don't see the UPDATE button, hit "back" and go back into the details screen again. Within the first half-dozen tries, you should see the update button, and from then on it's sweet, sweet browsing.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    If it's Firefox Beta, they just released a fix VERY recently, and it's not showing up consistently in the Play Store yet.

You want the version that says Nov 15th, not the 8th. If you don't see the UPDATE button, hit "back" and go back into the details screen again. Within the first half-dozen tries, you should see the update button, and from then on it's sweet, sweet browsing.
    I didn't download the Beta version. Went with the regular one...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post

I didn't download the Beta version. Went with the regular one...

Got my N7 yesterday and tried to install flash right away. Unfortunately the solution in the first post doesn't work for me. I've done everything as said and still no flash. The only browser the flash works on is Puffin which has a free flash trial. Any idea what can be the problem why it doesn't work with the other ones? I'm on jelly bean 4.2. Can this be a problem?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #170  

I'll try to find time this week to look into this if someone doesn't beat me to it.

College has been eating my lunch this semester, so this thread kinda took a backseat in the meantime. However, the semester's end is nigh, and I'll be free for a few weeks shortly.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

thanks buddy. I will appreciate any extra help with that when you will have some spare time. It's not critical as it works on Puffin but I still would like to check it on other browsers. It's also strange that it seems to be working for everyone else. I'm 100% sure I've done everything right and done it over and over again. In the meantime I will try to download other versions of flash apk's and keep trying this way.

nevermind! I've done the recent update and now it works fine. I was on 4.2 when I first got it and now on 4.2.1. It works fine on aurora or firefox beta but now the xscope one freezes when trying to play flash. I will try to fix that as well unless it's a bug for xscope under 4.2.1. Glad it works in general. thanks for the instructions!

Global Posts
    2,486 Global Posts

There are serious stability issues with flash on n7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4.2.1 on Nexus 7 here. Downloaded latest Firefox from Play Store. Then download latest Flash from the Archived Flash Player versions page.

Works...! I am shocked.

Rather unstable, but better than... nothing at all...?

Ok, got it to work. Actually had Firefox installed from Play Store on Nexus 7 first. When I tried emailing myself the apks for Adobe in a zip file, got a stupid message from gmail saying I cnat download the file because of security or something like that. So I used Dropbox. Directly from Dropbox I clicked on the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk and answered the question about security settings by allowing instals from unknown sources. it installed fine. then clicked on Adobe Flash Flasher_2.apk and it installed fine. Works pretty good in Firefox.
    Last edited by marcodif; 12-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast