Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: No flash got you down? Try this fix

You know Im really disappointed at this and other forums. Please be precise on what you say. You accessed the Play Store from a Nexus 7 tablet and installed? Then you went to Adobe's site from your Nexus 7 within the Firefox browser? I can download Firefox fine. But within Chrome if I go to Adobe site I get the message from Adobe that Flash is not supported on my device. I also tried from the Firefox browser I downloaded off Play Store and got same exact message.

Quote Originally Posted by marcodif View Post
    You know Im really disappointed at this and other forums. Please be precise on what you say. You accessed the Play Store from a Nexus 7 tablet and installed? Then you went to Adobe's site from your Nexus 7 within the Firefox browser? I can download Firefox fine. But within Chrome if I go to Adobe site I get the message from Adobe that Flash is not supported on my device. I also tried from the Firefox browser I downloaded off Play Store and got same exact message.
    Ok, I did get it to work, but this really sucks that as Android supporters we have to go through this crap. This is what I did: On my Nexus 7 I installed Firefox from Play Store. Grabbed the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk and Adobe Flash Player_2.apk from the links in this forum on my desktop PC and backed up to Dropbox. On my tablet I changed security setting to allow installation from unknown sources. I then clicked on the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk in Dropbox and it downloaded and installed, then I did the other one. It works pretty decent on JobJab's website, but it can be annoying with the occasional crashing of Firefox. It's times like this that I am ready to say, yes, we need a Linux based competitor to Android, to let Google know they need to be more customer focused.

Ok, I did get it to work, but this really sucks that as Android supporters we have to go through this crap. This is what I did: On my Nexus 7 I installed Firefox from Play Store. Grabbed the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk and Adobe Flash Player_2.apk from the links in this forum on my desktop PC and backed up to Dropbox. On my tablet I changed security setting to allow installation from unknown sources. I then clicked on the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk in Dropbox and it downloaded and installed, then I did the other one. It works pretty decent on JobJab's website, but it can be annoying with the occasional crashing of Firefox. It's times like this that I am ready to say, yes, we need a Linux based competitor to Android, to let Google know they need to be more customer focused.
    I installed Firefox Beta from the Play Store, installed latest Flash from the Archived Flash Player versions page, made sure that plugins were enabled in Firefox, rebooted my Nexus 7 & went to this page: where I saw the flash animation at the top of the screen with the version number I had installed.

BTW, a web server like AirDroid or an FTP server like SwiFTP comes in very handy for transferring files between a tablet & a desktop/laptop computer or another tablet (Lenovo A1-107 in my case).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No flash got you down? Try this fix-flash.png  

Since Flash isn’t supported on 4.1 there might be some stability and speed issues. But this is a decent stop-gap measure until the entire web gets HTML5-ified...but when will the entire web upgrade to HTML5, how many years will it take, it's expensive to do and the only thing I've noticed is the 90% of websites use flash, even the ones that are meant to be android websites. The firefox is a beta and other browsers are not actually made for jelly bean will they jam or slow down the tablet? Why should we do all this and not android making an upgrade for flash, microsoft wiondows 8 released an upgrade for it. Many websites are still using microsoft silverlight, some are quite intersting, is jelly bean supporting it? I'm saying this because if the process of web upgrading to HTML 5 is taking 2 or 3 years the tablet will be already obsolete...so no point saying it's the future. What do you think?

At least we have this option to get flash working. If you were using an iOS device you wouldn't even have this. And you'll have a hard time getting Flash to work on a Linux based device with an ARM processor. Remember this is all down to Adobe discontinuing Flash for Android, it wasn't Google's decision.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That's partially true, you can make the browser compatible with flash, I don't see any issues for the computer browsers, so I don't see why not for tablets browsers, even Microsoft 8 has an upgrade for flash. The web isn't going as fast as the operating system developers so it's useless to release something that won't give you back anything better but problems

I found this update version of Flash Player in "http://www.papktop.com/adobe-flash-player-11-11-1-115-34.html", should i install it and update from the older version?

Please post your idea, thank you !

Merry Christmas !!

SLo

Are there any other browsers, except Firefox which works, will play this flash (
    I tried Boat, Dolphin, Maxthon and Opera Mobile, all failed. The former three not only did not play the flash but also not responding and frozen itself.

Appreciate any suggestion, than you !

Merry X'mas and Happy New Year.

SLo

I downloaded aurora on my nexus 7,but can't find the apk file to open new to this thanks

I got off and I click to download flash and it comes up that I don't have a compatible device.. I have Google nexus tablet

Thanks lol so much for trying that I guess

Thank you! I was so frustrated AFTER i bought my Nexus 7 to then discover i can't stream video . . . UGH! Your instructions were easy to follow and now I'm happy with my Nexus 7. Thanks again!
    Thanked by:
    sr2012 
    sr2012 likes this.

Puffin Browser is the only thing I've found that works reliably.

many browsers will play the flash stream buy most of them crash after a short time.
    I would've returned my nexus 7 if i hadn't found this.
    the ONLY browser to use if you need to stream flash on nexus 7
    awesome. fast. bye bye chrome

Ninesky works with all flash sites I have tried. Not a bad browser at all. More stable than Chrome or Dolphin (which crash several times a day).

MYHUI How did you get Animal Jam to work on your tablet? I have 2 kids who love animal jam. I bought them a Nexus 7 each for Christmas without knowing they couldn't play it on them. Now they keep my laptop tied up still lol. Any help figuring this out is greatly appriciated!

I have encountered a similar problem as well. Despite using different browsers (Firefox, Boat, Ninesky, xScope Pro) and different Flash versions, I could not get AIV to play. It would load and connect, but nothing would happen after that point. Puffin does work, but the video and audio are out of sync occasionally. Please PM with suggestions or post to site. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamagushi View Post
    You can also go to firefox.com from your tablet, it will detect your on android, and you can download it from there. Once its finished downloading itll pop up asking you to install. Easy stuff.

I prefer firefox.com/beta then go with Aurora, the alpha. Much nicer UI.

Also the beta and alpha update themselves.
    ±Yamagushi,

Thanks for your direct and succinct post. Out of the bunch of replies to this post, you've given the readers the "straight dope" on the availability and viability of Firefox Browser - though I wonder how many readers will actually grasp this.

I've been using Firefox (Version 27.0) for a couple of years now, on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 tablet (the 2012). I stopped using it as my primary when KitKat (4.2.2) rolled out on my Nx5 & Nx7; Chrome finally got its act together and on the Nx5 it's just smooth as silk - I love it.

In any event, for those looking to get Firefox (version 27.0 is still current) head over to the Play Store (app) - it's available for download, free. I'd stay away from "Beta" because it's VERY buggy (you can read the reviews for yourself). If you're looking for a companion browser, i.e. use Firefox as your secondary browser for flash then for my primary browser I'd use Chrome. Read on...

Personally, I prefer Chrome and I never thought I'd ever say that. Aside from it developing into a truly, bona fide 5⭐browser, it gives you so much flexibility and integration with all of Google's apps, which are ubiquitous these days.

Additionally, Chrome's cross-platform synchronization can't be beat. It syncs all of your browser history, open tabs (which are now unlimited and very easy to manage) and bookmarks from your cell to your tablet and vice versa. It's fast, seamless and simply wonderful.

I've not found any browser that can do what Chrome does - free or paid. The biggest drawback is it's "bloat" but, if you running Google Play Store edition devices, they can handle the job.

My Google Nexus 7 & Google Nexus 5 (both 32GB RAM) churn through Chrome all day and the cross-platform compatibility is like a custom made suit. At the end of the day, Google = Android and Android = Google and all of that adds up to a user friendly, less "housekeeping", more time to spend having fun Android experience.

So, if you have 25.62MB of room to spare on your device, I'd definitely download Firefox browser. Once you have it setup for flash, as outlined in the post, it does work most of the time. Firefox makes a great addition to any other browser. Hopefully, it will be the addition to your Chrome browser.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678