No flash got you down? Try this fix

bean0069

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
thanks. these worked brilliantly! All I did was d/l to nexus7 and install them in order. didn't even have to leave firefox beta. Just tapped the AIV screen to update the plugin. Really nice.

dancinbojangles

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this, I've been trying to get it to work all day! One problem: Now it seems like videos will only play at reduced resolution. Even the settings screen is ridiculously pixelated. Anyone know what's up there?

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
While this is nice, what if i don't want to use another browser other then chrome? Is there a way to get flash to work?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
While this is nice, what if i don't want to use another browser other then chrome? Is there a way to get flash to work?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

No. However, you can install the stock Android non-chrome browser. See the Flash sticky.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Just used this and thanks a million it worked a treat so simple to use, I have always wanted to try Firefox now I will. :thumbup:

cicigreen

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I will search for the samsung galaxy note 10.1 forum, since that is the device i have.... but i wanted to let you know that using the files in post 22 and downloading firefox aurora does work on the samsung galaxy note 10.1
I can now log in to my zinio account from aurora and read my magazines on my tablet.
Previously, the login would sort of produce a blank page, or maybe a comment that flash was needed.
Thank you very much for your help!
Now off to find the right forum for my device.
:D

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
First getting into this, setting up 2 N7's for lower tech friends, who play games that require flash.

so I was able to do fine with SockMonkeys great instructions and the 2 apk files for flash. I got the firefox/beta from the market, and after a few wierd hard to really read screens, it apparantly does play (at least so far cnn videos) flash on the N7 on Firefox beta.

so my question is, is there some way to enable this flash version on other browsers? I have tried both native Chrome and downloaded Dolphin and only get the stock message about needing flash, and it redirects to the market place to get it, only to see its not supported on this device?

Also, Im not a gamer, but can anyone suggest a game I can try, that would test that this flash on ff/beta will work ok?

Thanks in advance oh smarter than me people :)

Diane

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
First getting into this, setting up 2 N7's for lower tech friends, who play games that require flash.

so I was able to do fine with SockMonkeys great instructions and the 2 apk files for flash. I got the firefox/beta from the market, and after a few wierd hard to really read screens, it apparantly does play (at least so far cnn videos) flash on the N7 on Firefox beta.

so my question is, is there some way to enable this flash version on other browsers? I have tried both native Chrome and downloaded Dolphin and only get the stock message about needing flash, and it redirects to the market place to get it, only to see its not supported on this device?

Also, Im not a gamer, but can anyone suggest a game I can try, that would test that this flash on ff/beta will work ok?

Thanks in advance oh smarter than me people :)

Diane

Dolphin took flash away from the last update, if you find am older version it should work. Chrome won't work either since its never been designed to work with flash

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
bummer, Odd1one, but thanks for a fast reply.
So essentially for now, the only browsers that flash will work on are FF/Beta and FF/Aurora?

Just curious? What exactly IS the logic of eliminating flash support on these browsers?

Thanks

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
bummer, Odd1one, but thanks for a fast reply.
So essentially for now, the only browsers that flash will work on are FF/Beta and FF/Aurora?

Just curious? What exactly IS the logic of eliminating flash support on these browsers?

Thanks

And boat browser, and xscope browser and the stock browser.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok but no such sticky but I see now that you have to root the device to accomplish that. I don't want to do that as it is for a friend.

As for xscope I don't see a free version. I'll take a look for boat browser

Thanks

mikedog43

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this work around, doesn't show up in best resolution though. Looks very pixelated. Also, couldn't figure out how to get FF to rotate to horizontal view.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok but no such sticky but I see now that you have to root the device to accomplish that. I don't want to do that as it is for a friend.

Thanks

I just checked the sticky, it's still there. And you don't need to root the device, either.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

You Dont have to root at all. Go to menu and UN tick the allow non market installations on the security tab, install the two flash files then install Firefox that's it.

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this, a great tip.

The old versions of Flash Player are available from the adobe website for anyone a bit wary of installing from unknown sources. I used 11.1.112.60 followed by 11.1.115.17 and it worked perfectly.

Archived Flash Player versions
Thank you for this, I might just have to throw a link to this archive on the OP. As someone who dislikes downloading not from a trusted source, I can see the immediate value.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums