No flash got you down? Try this fix

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this, a great tip.

The old versions of Flash Player are available from the adobe website for anyone a bit wary of installing from unknown sources. I used 11.1.112.60 followed by 11.1.115.17 and it worked perfectly.

Archived Flash Player versions

I updated the Flash sticky with the latest version from XDA. It has the smoothest playback.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated the Flash sticky with the latest version from XDA. It has the smoothest playback.

That's where I got mine from too. I have flash on my Nexus 7 and its running fine and smooth.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums

JaVaJeff81

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I can not thank you enough for figuring this out!!!! This just saved me so much time and effort. I bought my Nexus 7 - 32Gb yesterday and was so bummed when I tried to go to the Amazon site to watch a video on my Prime. I was in such high hopes that I wouldn't have to root my brand new device!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :D

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My browsers keep crashing. :(

If it's Firefox Beta, they just released a fix VERY recently, and it's not showing up consistently in the Play Store yet.

You want the version that says Nov 15th, not the 8th. If you don't see the UPDATE button, hit "back" and go back into the details screen again. Within the first half-dozen tries, you should see the update button, and from then on it's sweet, sweet browsing.

Marc11218

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
If it's Firefox Beta, they just released a fix VERY recently, and it's not showing up consistently in the Play Store yet.

You want the version that says Nov 15th, not the 8th. If you don't see the UPDATE button, hit "back" and go back into the details screen again. Within the first half-dozen tries, you should see the update button, and from then on it's sweet, sweet browsing.

I didn't download the Beta version. Went with the regular one...

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't download the Beta version. Went with the regular one...

Wlodarr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Got my N7 yesterday and tried to install flash right away. Unfortunately the solution in the first post doesn't work for me. I've done everything as said and still no flash. The only browser the flash works on is Puffin which has a free flash trial. Any idea what can be the problem why it doesn't work with the other ones? I'm on jelly bean 4.2. Can this be a problem?

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to find time this week to look into this if someone doesn't beat me to it.

College has been eating my lunch this semester, so this thread kinda took a backseat in the meantime. However, the semester's end is nigh, and I'll be free for a few weeks shortly.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Wlodarr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks buddy. I will appreciate any extra help with that when you will have some spare time. It's not critical as it works on Puffin but I still would like to check it on other browsers. It's also strange that it seems to be working for everyone else. I'm 100% sure I've done everything right and done it over and over again. In the meantime I will try to download other versions of flash apk's and keep trying this way.

Wlodarr

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
nevermind! I've done the recent update and now it works fine. I was on 4.2 when I first got it and now on 4.2.1. It works fine on aurora or firefox beta but now the xscope one freezes when trying to play flash. I will try to fix that as well unless it's a bug for xscope under 4.2.1. Glad it works in general. thanks for the instructions!

marcodif

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, got it to work. Actually had Firefox installed from Play Store on Nexus 7 first. When I tried emailing myself the apks for Adobe in a zip file, got a stupid message from gmail saying I cnat download the file because of security or something like that. So I used Dropbox. Directly from Dropbox I clicked on the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk and answered the question about security settings by allowing instals from unknown sources. it installed fine. then clicked on Adobe Flash Flasher_2.apk and it installed fine. Works pretty good in Firefox.

Last edited:

marcodif

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You know Im really disappointed at this and other forums. Please be precise on what you say. You accessed the Play Store from a Nexus 7 tablet and installed? Then you went to Adobe's site from your Nexus 7 within the Firefox browser? I can download Firefox fine. But within Chrome if I go to Adobe site I get the message from Adobe that Flash is not supported on my device. I also tried from the Firefox browser I downloaded off Play Store and got same exact message.

marcodif

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
You know Im really disappointed at this and other forums. Please be precise on what you say. You accessed the Play Store from a Nexus 7 tablet and installed? Then you went to Adobe's site from your Nexus 7 within the Firefox browser? I can download Firefox fine. But within Chrome if I go to Adobe site I get the message from Adobe that Flash is not supported on my device. I also tried from the Firefox browser I downloaded off Play Store and got same exact message.

Ok, I did get it to work, but this really sucks that as Android supporters we have to go through this crap. This is what I did: On my Nexus 7 I installed Firefox from Play Store. Grabbed the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk and Adobe Flash Player_2.apk from the links in this forum on my desktop PC and backed up to Dropbox. On my tablet I changed security setting to allow installation from unknown sources. I then clicked on the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk in Dropbox and it downloaded and installed, then I did the other one. It works pretty decent on JobJab's website, but it can be annoying with the occasional crashing of Firefox. It's times like this that I am ready to say, yes, we need a Linux based competitor to Android, to let Google know they need to be more customer focused.

Max1001001

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I did get it to work, but this really sucks that as Android supporters we have to go through this crap. This is what I did: On my Nexus 7 I installed Firefox from Play Store. Grabbed the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk and Adobe Flash Player_2.apk from the links in this forum on my desktop PC and backed up to Dropbox. On my tablet I changed security setting to allow installation from unknown sources. I then clicked on the Adobe Flash Player_1.apk in Dropbox and it downloaded and installed, then I did the other one. It works pretty decent on JobJab's website, but it can be annoying with the occasional crashing of Firefox. It's times like this that I am ready to say, yes, we need a Linux based competitor to Android, to let Google know they need to be more customer focused.

I installed Firefox Beta from the Play Store, installed latest Flash from the Archived Flash Player versions page, made sure that plugins were enabled in Firefox, rebooted my Nexus 7 & went to this page: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%2Fsoftware%2Fflash%2Fabout%2F&token=FHf_X32C where I saw the flash animation at the top of the screen with the version number I had installed.

BTW, a web server like AirDroid or an FTP server like SwiFTP comes in very handy for transferring files between a tablet & a desktop/laptop computer or another tablet (Lenovo A1-107 in my case).

Attachments

• Flash.png
    Flash.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 59

bwees

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Since Flash isn?t supported on 4.1 there might be some stability and speed issues. But this is a decent stop-gap measure until the entire web gets HTML5-ified...but when will the entire web upgrade to HTML5, how many years will it take, it's expensive to do and the only thing I've noticed is the 90% of websites use flash, even the ones that are meant to be android websites. The firefox is a beta and other browsers are not actually made for jelly bean will they jam or slow down the tablet? Why should we do all this and not android making an upgrade for flash, microsoft wiondows 8 released an upgrade for it. Many websites are still using microsoft silverlight, some are quite intersting, is jelly bean supporting it? I'm saying this because if the process of web upgrading to HTML 5 is taking 2 or 3 years the tablet will be already obsolete...so no point saying it's the future. What do you think?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
At least we have this option to get flash working. If you were using an iOS device you wouldn't even have this. And you'll have a hard time getting Flash to work on a Linux based device with an ARM processor. Remember this is all down to Adobe discontinuing Flash for Android, it wasn't Google's decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz