Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

I suggest everyone get a replacement within the warranty period because it could become a bigger issue down the road. I haven't received mine yet but if mine is like that, as much as I would hate it, I would return it asap. I deserve a quality product that I don't have to "fix" myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 Glass Seperation

Here is a little DYI I am doing overnight to see if this will remedy the screen. If not I will return it.

If you do anything like this please make sure you cover the back and glass front with a barrier to protect them.

Do at your own risk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 7 Glass Seperation-photo-1-.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Goodeye View Post
    Did the same, watched about 20 mins of Transformers Dark of the Moon and its now flush and seems to be holding.
    Mine popped back up after a couple of hours...

I don't wish that anyone gets a crap product but I do hope this happens enough where there is a recall or they acknowledge it and do something about it. Right now I don't even feel like using it until I get it fixed or something.

What happens in a month or so when the whole screen gets loose? Is that even a possibility?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

My iPad 2 did the same thing. Pressing near the Home button then releasing you could hear the popping of the glue. I took it in and they replaced it without question. I suggest anyone with this problem do the same. Here's crossing my fingers that my precious Nexus 7 doesn't have this issue when it gets here next week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tqmcguire View Post
    My iPad 2 did the same thing. Pressing near the Home button then releasing you could hear the popping of the glue. I took it in and they replaced it without question. I suggest anyone with this problem do the same. Here's crossing my fingers that my precious Nexus 7 doesn't have this issue when it gets here next week.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Same here haha just sittin n hopin..hopefully ours don't have the same issue!

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

I noticed this when i got the tablet. Its gone now. I was playing some sonic and that ran the tablet pretty hot and i guess that helped fix the issue. I wouldnt worry about it personally. I noticed it when i woke up for a cat nap and was using the device.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Well mine has popped back up again after a few hours of use. Either the glue didn't bond fully or the heat from the unit has unset it again.

Think I'm going to get a refund and wait things out for the time being. My concern is that I get another that has this issue and have to waste time posting it back or that units that seem fine now may start to come apart too, if there is some underlying design problem that's causing this seperation.

If nothing else it was one while it last even if it turned out to be a bit of a one night stand .

I'm tired of messing with it, taking it back this week and waiting a bit.

This is why you don't buy something on launch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

looking for information on glass screen seperation

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Heat gun the area + lay it face down with a book on top of it?

Global Posts
    10,399 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dwd3885 View Post
    My original Transformer had this issue. Sucks. Asus build quality for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I thought ASUS built motherboards and the like? I had no idea they were in the adhesive business.

ROM
    CM 9.1

Wow seems like a common issue.. This isn't good, hopefully I don't see this on mine tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    I thought ASUS built motherboards and the like? I had no idea they were in the adhesive business.
    Does that mean you aren't expecting Asus to provide a properly constructed product to the end user??

ROM
    Stockness

Anybody else having issues with theirs? Making me nervous already and I dont even have mine.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    ROM
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Android

I had it (just sightly and I'll be honest would have never noticed unless I had come across the thread) I watched transformers dark of the moon in HD and played some Sonic episode 4 part 2 which does tend to get the device pretty warm. I held that part of the screen down for about 20 mins immediately afterwards. Left it over night and mine hasn't come back since

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Same problem. Left side, quite in the middle area.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Guys, be careful about pushing down the glass on the left side. A guy on XDA cracked his screen by pushing it down with his fingers.

I have a zero tolerance policy for out of the box defects. I don't care if it takes a month to get a new one, I do an exchange immediately. Especially for something like this.
    svfd757 likes this.

I feel like this is going to be a big issue, it hasn't officially launched yet and there are a lot of people with this issue.

I'm curious how many more people are going to have this when pre orders start arriving.

Same issue. Holding down for a bit temporarily fixes it.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Its there still I can feel some creaking. But I personally don't care about it. I a, not too bothered by it. Now if the glass was literally coming out of the tablet a few more millimeters. Not returning it for this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel v2 View Post
    I feel like this is going to be a big issue, it hasn't officially launched yet and there are a lot of people with this issue.

I'm curious how many more people are going to have this when pre orders start arriving.

Same here.. But hopefully us GP customers wont have this issue. (I doubt it though) From what I can tell though, all of these issues are Gamestop & Sam's Club purchases.. So hopefully only the (too) early shipments carried the defective units.

ROM
    Stockness

Quote Originally Posted by JesusG90 View Post
    Same here.. But hopefully us GP customers wont have this issue. (I doubt it though) From what I can tell though, all of these issues are Gamestop & Sam's Club purchases.. So hopefully only the (too) early shipments carried the defective units.

Good call. Maybe the GS and Sams untis are really, really, really early shipped units that had uncorrected issues. HOPEFULLY!!

Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Good call. Maybe the GS and Sams untis are really, really, really early shipped units that had uncorrected issues. HOPEFULLY!!
    i was hoping hte same thing lol, maybe the google play nexus 7's will be flawless! and we get to laugh at anyone who got theirs early.

This is why I wish Samsung made these. I was worried having no experience with Asus. I have a handful of great Samsung stuff. I'm expecting mine from the Google play store Mon or tuesday

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast