Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 Glass Seperation

my boyfriend and I both have the issues. Mine is only slight but his is pretty bad and you can really feel and hear it. Not sure what we are doing yet. We do have two on the way from Google Play so we could always keep those and return these I suppose.

Unhappy Re: Nexus 7 Glass Seperation

So I literally just called the Google support number phone found here

Talked to a nice guy on the phone, he said they have gotten a couple calls about this issue. He said the only thing we can do is return it to the store and get another. Told him that most stores are sold out. He said if falls on the store to replace the product. That was pretty much it.

I would suggest that if you have this issue. call Google and let them know whats going on. If enough people do it maybe they will look into it.

ROM
    4.1.1 JRO03D

Got mine from Gamestop saturday walk-in, C6. Doesn't have this issue at all, no ghosting everything has been good so far.

Global Posts
    10,406 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    Does that mean you aren't expecting Asus to provide a properly constructed product to the end user??
    Absolutely not. Sure, the manufacturing process to set the glue properly may have been incorrect on a few lines, or the glue was just to cheap, helping keep the price down. Asus is in the business of building hardware and electronics. They have always been good at building motherboards.....and yes, when they put their name on the case, they take ownership of it, even if they had no hand in engineering the adhesive.
    Since it seems to be in the same location, it kinda hints at a manufacturing process. I hope all the "clamp" overnight methods work.
    I just never think of glass, glue, or plastic injection molding machines relating to what Asus builds....but they put their name on it, so they are going to own it when those other products fail. I still think ASUS RULES.
    Thanked by:
    pcsperson likes this.

I have the separation on mine as well. The GameStop here in my town doesn't have any more in stock so I can't change it out until they get their next batch in.

Really thought I was the only one!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Sorry to read about the issues some are having, mine is flawless

Haven't received mine yet from GP. Now that I am aware of this problem, I believe the glue has not had time to completely cure. Heat on uncured glue will cause it to soften. I'm sure most everyone with this problem had their tablet on for an extended time, maybe even had it plugged in at the same time.

When I get mine, if doesn't have this problem, I intend to only use until it gets a little warm then turn it off and let it cool. A few cycles of this for a day or two should cure the glue so it will never soften from heat again. Just a thought, could be wrong.

Just exchanged mine at Office Depot. Same issue, I could feel the screen move when I pressed the glass. And a few times it made a click or popping noise.
    Last edited by jmiles3010; 07-16-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typos

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Just received my staples pre order. Bottom right of the screen is pretty bad and you hear loud popping plus extra pressure on the screen :\ called and staples said they can't do anything til they get more in stock. Think I should give Google a call? Cause I only have 14 days to exchange or return.

Quote Originally Posted by thecool07 View Post
    Just received my staples pre order. Bottom right of the screen is pretty bad and you hear loud popping plus extra pressure on the screen :\ called and staples said they can't do anything til they get more in stock. Think I should give Google a call? Cause I only have 14 days to exchange or return.
    Thats BS if your 14 days expire and you can't return it just because they don't have anymore in stock. They expect you to go through Google?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

I believe Asus, not Google, will be handling warranty work on the N7. I actually submitted my issue to them this morning regarding the screen separation. They had a section in their form to submit issues for the N7 (tip: it was lumped in the same category as the "ee" devices).

Looks like the retail outlets got all these units, LOL.

Sure glad I waited for my pre-order from Google.
    footysr and AlphaVictor87 like this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JesusG90 View Post
    Thats BS if your 14 days expire and you can't return it just because they don't have anymore in stock. They expect you to go through Google?

Well they kept me on hold for like 20mins and said that all stock is for ore orders right now due to demand and that I can go thru Google to get it replacement. They said they will call me in 7-10 business days about other options. Also Arizona staples won't get the nexus til end of August. Its like I a, screwed all around

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rootbrain View Post

This is pretty much what I was thinking.

Really will like to see if any of the GP ordered devices have this same issue. And really, even if they do have a problem - what more can you do than try to exchange it. Products have issues sometimes. That's why there are warranties and returns.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

So as the day goes on looks like the separation is getting worse. Its made its way to the middle of the tablet. I can now press there and click it in place. Its not as bad as the lower edge though.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Yeah ours should be good after having sit in a hot UPS warehouse all weekend letting the glue cure.

Quote Originally Posted by FootySr View Post
    Yeah ours should be good after having sit in a hot UPS warehouse all weekend letting the glue cure.
    EXACTLY what I was thinking Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by thecool07 View Post
    So as the day goes on looks like the separation is getting worse. Its made its way to the middle of the tablet. I can now press there and click it in place. Its not as bad as the lower edge though.
    Can you maybe post a pic? Im curios to see what the damage is..

I had the same issue with the glass separation. Might not have been as bad as some others, but either way, I wasn't happy. Called the Gamestop I pre-ordered from and the manager was very receptive. She called "allocations" and a new one should arrive for me in the next couple of days. Excellent customer service. My only fear is that the new one will have the same problem. I will inspect it there before taking it home.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Nonsense. I bought mine at Staples. I haven't found a single defect yet.

Nobody's got Play pre-orders in hand yet. So I'd be cautious with the Schadenfreud. Watch the complaints tomorrow night.

Why can't Asus get tablet quality issues under control. I purchased the Transformer Prime and ended up returning it due to quality issues surrounding poor wifi performance and some screen bleed through. I ended up getting an IPAD-2 and it's been serving my needs, but I really wanted to come back to Android. I was hopeful that the Nexus-7 would be it, but I couldn't deal with the early adopter problems again and decided to wait a little before purchasing. Hearing these reports, I don't have time to be dealing with exchanging faulty units, waiting until a replacement arrives, hoping that it doesn't have the same problem. What a great product this could have been. I wish Google picked a different partner. Asus makes great motherboards and laptops, but their tablet products need quality improvement.

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BostonDan2 View Post
    Why can't Asus get tablet quality issues under control. I purchased the Transformer Prime and ended up returning it due to quality issues surrounding poor wifi performance and some screen bleed through. I ended up getting an IPAD-2 and it's been serving my needs, but I really wanted to come back to Android. I was hopeful that the Nexus-7 would be it, but I couldn't deal with the early adopter problems again and decided to wait a little before purchasing. Hearing these reports, I don't have time to be dealing with exchanging faulty units, waiting until a replacement arrives, hoping that it doesn't have the same problem. What a great product this could have been. I wish Google picked a different partner. Asus makes great motherboards and laptops, but their tablet products need quality improvement.
    We get what we pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by keithz View Post
    Nonsense. I bought mine at Staples. I haven't found a single defect yet.

Nobody's got Play pre-orders in hand yet. So I'd be cautious with the Schadenfreud. Watch the complaints tomorrow night.
    No! Don't say that!! Haha

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

The GP tablets and the GS tablets were not made in a separate factory :O

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mc511 View Post
    The GP tablets and the GS tablets were not made in a separate factory :O
    I called Google and they told me Lloyd himself built the Google Play Nexus 7's, while the Game Stop Nexus 7 were farmed out!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast