Nexus 7 Glass Seperation
11-02-2012 06:21 PM
- Received my GP Nexus 7 two hours ago. It looks perfect, no sign of screen separation.
I did notice an adhesive smell when I opened the box. Could be the adhesive had not completely cured when they put it in the box. I'm going easy on letting it get too hot for a few days to let it cure.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums07-17-2012 05:06 PM
- I'm surprised nobody has posted photos of this yet.
Does it protrude enough to irritate your finger/thumb while holding it? Could it possibly cut you? Does the screen not respond to touch near the effected edge? Does it warp or distort the image near the effected edge?
Not trying to belittle everyone's problem, but I'm trying to find out if it's something that can be lived with or something that's actually detrimental to using the device.07-17-2012 05:25 PM
Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Android Central Forums07-17-2012 07:41 PM
- 07-17-2012 07:45 PMLike 2
- well after all my waiting it looks like i have the separation on the left side and its bad when i hold the tablet in landscape. its the same spot a lot of others seem to be having problems with. its a shame too because i got no dead pixels and she runs great. im going to wait till early next week because im not waiting on hold for over an hour07-17-2012 07:46 PM
- Mine came directly from Google today... same issueSame here.. But hopefully us GP customers wont have this issue. (I doubt it though) From what I can tell though, all of these issues are Gamestop & Sam's Club purchases.. So hopefully only the (too) early shipments carried the defective units.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums07-17-2012 10:10 PM
- Bought one from staples store today after cancelling my online order. Screen was loose too, it i'm going to also give it a week and see what happens.
This is happening all over the country and in others, think they will do a recall? I was just thinking, way to go... of course apple fans can now have a good laugh as this just makes Google look so bad.07-17-2012 10:30 PM
- Mine is slightly raised on the left side as well -- about half a millimeter above the chrome bezel, as compared to the right side, which is about half a millimeter below the bezel.
Kind of annoying, but unless it keeps separating, I guess I can live with it.
Got it from GP as well.07-17-2012 11:59 PM
- Bought one from Sams and would have never noticed this issue on it as it is very minimal without reading this thread. Decided to accept my GP tablet and return the Sams tab if all was well. Wow, the GP tablet has very bad glass separation.
I'm going to keep my Sams tab for now and will be returning the GP tab soon. I lightly clamped the Sams tab and it seems to have remedied the issue for the past few hours under heavy use.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 207-18-2012 03:00 AM
- I received my N7 yesterday, before even powering it up I noticed that it has this glass separation issue. I only knew to look for it because of this thread, I don't think I would have noticed right away but it would have come to my attention eventually as the screen has some "bounce" to it on the left side. I am going to put it out in the sun to get the screen warm and try to carefully pinch it down for a while (overnight) to re-adhere the glue. Hopefully this backyard remedy works, I really don't want to return it.
-Kesnik07-18-2012 04:41 AM
- Noticed min has the slightest bit of seperation. You wouldn't notice it unless you knew and were looking for it. It also makes a noise when you press it down.
My question is will it get worse?
Will the glue melt every time the processor gets hot?
How long can I wait before its too late to return it?07-18-2012 06:20 AM
- I got my tablet yesterday and had the same issue with the glass on the left side. I noticed it immediately. Called Google and they're shipping me another one with the box to send the bad one back in.
Now I had orders two tablets. Only one of them had this screen issue. The other one had no problem at all and seemed to be manufactured well.
Luck of the draw I guess ... seems to be a common problem though
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums07-18-2012 06:42 AM
- 07-18-2012 10:24 AM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
Nexus 7 Glass Seperation
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD