Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Chisaki View Post
    Received my GP Nexus 7 two hours ago. It looks perfect, no sign of screen separation.

I did notice an adhesive smell when I opened the box. Could be the adhesive had not completely cured when they put it in the box. I'm going easy on letting it get too hot for a few days to let it cure.
    Yea I think I mightve just been too picky because mine isnt bad enough that it makes any "clicking" sound, but there is a tiny bit of separation. I have to really look. Im also going to go easy on it for a little while.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Nexus 7 Glass Seperation

Quote Originally Posted by pokingmon View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has posted photos of this yet.

Does it protrude enough to irritate your finger/thumb while holding it? Could it possibly cut you? Does the screen not respond to touch near the effected edge? Does it warp or distort the image near the effected edge?

Not trying to belittle everyone's problem, but I'm trying to find out if it's something that can be lived with or something that's actually detrimental to using the device.
    Photos don't really do it justice. It looks subtle, but the spongy feel is far more noticeable. I could honestly live with it if I could guarantee it won't get worse and begin to affect other parts of the screen. That's my primary concern.
    ruger141 likes this.

I'm going to give it a week, by then most of the order madness should be over.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just got my Tablet in and it has a little rise in the screen but its not enough to worry about yet. I'll give it a week or so and see if it gets worse.

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    unlocked/rooted/stock rom

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel v2 View Post
    Took it back and exchanged it for another, same problem. Tried to call Google support and waited on hold for 25 minutes and hung up.

Shouldn't this be covered under a factory warranty? Any ideas what I should do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    When I called Google and threatened to cancel and buy third party the Rep told me if you buy third party you have to go through them to get a replacement. Dunno how true that is.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by lostmarine View Post
    When I called Google and threatened to cancel and buy third party the Rep told me if you buy third party you have to go through them to get a replacement. Dunno how true that is.

Sent from my Full AOSP on Toro-VZW using Android Central Forums
    It's true. It'd be like buying something from Wal Mart and trying to return it or exchange it at Target. Remember, Google doesn't make these, Asus does.
    Thanked by:
    Mco119 
    Jdane07 likes this.

well after all my waiting it looks like i have the separation on the left side and its bad when i hold the tablet in landscape. its the same spot a lot of others seem to be having problems with. its a shame too because i got no dead pixels and she runs great. im going to wait till early next week because im not waiting on hold for over an hour

Returned my Sam's Club unit with the separation and received my GP unit. If I look closely, the glass on this one is still slightly above the bezel,but only noticeable if I'm looking for it and it doesn't have the spongy feeling or creakiness of my previous unit.

Mine came directly from Google today... same issue

Quote Originally Posted by JesusG90 View Post
    Same here.. But hopefully us GP customers wont have this issue. (I doubt it though) From what I can tell though, all of these issues are Gamestop & Sam's Club purchases.. So hopefully only the (too) early shipments carried the defective units.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Bought one from staples store today after cancelling my online order. Screen was loose too, it i'm going to also give it a week and see what happens.

This is happening all over the country and in others, think they will do a recall? I was just thinking, way to go... of course apple fans can now have a good laugh as this just makes Google look so bad.

i got my GP order today and its slightly raised on the left side but during normal use your never going to notice or hear it unless you actually press on it. For now its not bothering me.

ROM
    Stock

Mine is slightly raised on the left side as well -- about half a millimeter above the chrome bezel, as compared to the right side, which is about half a millimeter below the bezel.

Kind of annoying, but unless it keeps separating, I guess I can live with it.

Got it from GP as well.

Bought one from Sams and would have never noticed this issue on it as it is very minimal without reading this thread. Decided to accept my GP tablet and return the Sams tab if all was well. Wow, the GP tablet has very bad glass separation.

I'm going to keep my Sams tab for now and will be returning the GP tab soon. I lightly clamped the Sams tab and it seems to have remedied the issue for the past few hours under heavy use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's problems like these that make me wish Google was in the hardware making business.
    Mco119 likes this.

Got my Nexus 7 yesterday from Google and been using it for nearly the entire time (aside from sleep )...have not noticed any glass separation issue. The display seems to be in pristine condition.

I received my N7 yesterday, before even powering it up I noticed that it has this glass separation issue. I only knew to look for it because of this thread, I don't think I would have noticed right away but it would have come to my attention eventually as the screen has some "bounce" to it on the left side. I am going to put it out in the sun to get the screen warm and try to carefully pinch it down for a while (overnight) to re-adhere the glue. Hopefully this backyard remedy works, I really don't want to return it.

-Kesnik
    Mco119 likes this.

Noticed min has the slightest bit of seperation. You wouldn't notice it unless you knew and were looking for it. It also makes a noise when you press it down.

My question is will it get worse?

Will the glue melt every time the processor gets hot?

How long can I wait before its too late to return it?

Hi,

I live in the UK and got my Nexus 7 today. Have the same problem as you, on the left side, the glass has separated and can be pushed back, making a clicking noise.

Have asked for a replacement, not happy :-)

Nick

I got my tablet yesterday and had the same issue with the glass on the left side. I noticed it immediately. Called Google and they're shipping me another one with the box to send the bad one back in.

Now I had orders two tablets. Only one of them had this screen issue. The other one had no problem at all and seemed to be manufactured well.

Luck of the draw I guess ... seems to be a common problem though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Does anyone have the phone number for Google so that I can begin the RMA process? I too have the glass separation issue, but I can't find the number anywhere.

I have the same issue as most in this thread, but again I wouldnt have noticed it if I didnt read this thread. I just worry its going to get worse. Guess ill give it a few days....

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I have the glass separation on the left side too. Display assembly must not be
    putting enough adhesive for a good bond or something. Phone # to call is on your shipping invoice.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums

No such problems here yet. Will keep an eye on it and report back any changes. Hope you get a new unit shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by lostmarine View Post
    When I called Google and threatened to cancel and buy third party the Rep told me if you buy third party you have to go through them to get a replacement.
    You mean you can walk into the store instead of waiting on hold for 50 minutes for Google?

Ordered from play store, same problem!!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast