Has Google Stated If They Will Compensate Play Store Pre-orders?

DigitalKnight

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has Google Stated If They Will Compensate Play Store Pre-orde

I sure wish I knew that these were going to be available at local retailers before I pre-ordered it from GPS. If it was not for these forums I still would not know that you could just walk into a store and purchase one. I thought they would only be sold through GPS. I did send them a strongly worded message... but I am sure it has already been deleted from CS inbox. :(

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site

I love your signature. Matrix rocks!

Thanks. I saw at Sams Club if you buy any of the Matrix movies on Blu-ray for $8 you get a $5 discount for the new Dark Knight movie. So I picked them up even though I have the ultimate edition on HD-DVD. Figure my bro or I could use the discounts to watch it again.

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I sure wish I knew that these were going to be available at local retailers before I pre-ordered it from GPS. If it was not for these forums I still would not know that you could just walk into a store and purchase one. I thought they would only be sold through GPS. I did send them a strongly worded message... but I am sure it has already been deleted from CS inbox. :(

You can still go and buy in the store and refuse shipment.

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

Wow, someone wasn't kidding that most of the threads should be merged since the same people are posting the same things across the forum board.

As much as some of you love quoting from wiki-related sites, I can't help but point out that you are basing your argument from popular opinion, not fact. There is a high chance that general assumption, or the "unspoken rule" is just that...an assumption.

The only thing I saw that was agreed upon, is that a pre-order gives you the assurance that you are one of the first people to get it. (this is where semantics comes in, you may not have to like it, but this is where Google seems to have seen it's position-Be warned, this is all just speculation, don't quote me for fact.)

-We are still in the "first batch". Google sees us as still "one of the first people to get the device", even if we didn't get it on the first day of release. Simply because Google hasn't yet shipped another batch of mass orders based on orders placed on July 13th or after. So it's possible that they can say "One of the first" might extend to a period of 1 week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gong-ho about this interpretation, but it technically means Google didn't outright drop the ball. And if you look closely, that period of 1 week after the first day of release falls within the 2-3 week assurance that was initially given when one made a pre-order on June 27th.

Before all of you raise your pitchforks, and challenge me, tell me I'm dead wrong, that this is not the "first batch" anymore, please understand that I'm not crazy about it either, but I can see Google seems to present that all pre-orders; whether it be individual pre-orders or mass pre-orders from a retailer are in the same "first batch" - or Orders made on July 12th or earlier. Yes, it kinda messed up that the retailers got their pre-orders first, but logistically, it's a ton easier to send of 1000+ tablets to one address, then to send 1000 tablets to 1000 different addresses.

As I said before, technically, Google can say they kept to their word, but it's obvious they lost a lot of goodwill in the process. It's also quite obvious to Google now, that they ignored some good advice beforehand, and should approached things differently. No doubt they are aware of customers feeling burned, and hopefully they will extend some goodwill to them. Time will tell.

Sorry for the rant, but I guess I got caught up when I saw this thread hijacked, and couldn't help myself. (I can't seem to pull away from it) :p

Last edited:

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Ibut I thought the real advantage of pre-ordering from the Play store was the $25 gift card
The one I bought locally had the $25 credit and all the other free stuff. There's no benefit to the Play store except giving an extra $14 to Sergey and Larry because you don't think they have enough money. :D:D

DigitalKnight

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

You can still go and buy in the store and refuse shipment.

Believe me... Thx to these forums I am more then aware of my options and I did call all around looking for one. Also if I was not told mine would arrive today I would have stopped at a few stores today on my way home and looked even more but I was expecting a delivery today thus I did not. I am not all that upset about paying $14 for shipping, I am more upset that I was miss/under-informed about pre-ordering from GPS.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think if they printed the label on the 11th and charged you for 2 day shipping, the package should arrive the 13th. (Someone want to check my math? :confused: )

Not unless it actually states that it was shipped. A lot of people got a tracking number, but if they actually look at the tracking page it makes it clear that the label was created and it hasn't actually shipped.

People assume being sent a tracking number=its been shipped. That's rarely the case, especially when its a preorder.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely not JHBthree. Google stated that my Nexus 7 shipped Friday. If I don't receive it by end of business Tuesday, they owe me a refund on the shipping fee. Stop with the two to three week statement, you sound like a broken record. Google screwed up. It is plain that it was their intention to ship our packages sometime between July 9 and July 11 and that did not happen.

Unless your page actually says 'shipped' or 'picked up by UPS' then it hasn't actually shipped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fwbjohn

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I AM PISSED. If you Pre-order and PAY Shipping you should have your device before everyone else does via retail. There are a lot of reasons that people pre-order, I run an I.T. Consulting Service and had 10 pre-orders so we could analyze the machine and test, blog, etc. about the machine before we sold it to our clients. I even had a few clients who have never pre-ordered and I talked them into it because they were new to the product review arena. Our customers take what we have to say to heart and our consultation is important to them. Now everyone in town that wanted one except for the pre-orders has one. This is a major F!@# by Google. Early adopters pre-order for a reason, either they want a new toy or they want to test the machine locally and actually see if it can help their clients and/or Blog/Review about it. Kiss that business goodbye because the pre-orders do not even have their devices yet while you can go to Sam's Club or Costco or Gamestop and pick one up less $15 and a lot of anticipation and planning to get a review in.

It's not about Google, Apple, etc. It's about the loyal customers and everyone else down the supply chain. Many want the gadget, many make their living off having the gadget before everyone else. That is fact.

I am very disappointed, especially that MINE has not shipped yet and I pre-ordered on day 1 and I don't have tracking numbers yet. I agree with the earlier posts and they all pass the buck in different ways. I called using different names and emails because I ordered for several people who blog. I got several different answers.

One blames it on ASUS (even though it is a Google Product), one blamed it on the retail stores that were not supposed to release it yet???

Pre-orders are who these companies should focus on, especially since we have already been charged on day 1. They wouldn't even refund my shipping.

Not a good start on the Google Hardware Sales Process. Of course it will be a great product so keep your prick comments to yourself, but we all deserve a refund on shipping at the least.

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Of course it will be a great product so keep your prick comments to yourself, but we all deserve a refund on shipping at the least.

Nice. If we don't agree with you, we should just shut up?

So you didn't get your Nexus 7 first. Big deal. Deal with it. Google doesn't owe you squat.

fwbjohn

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe they do. That is why every podcast and all of these posts are even on here. You are probably a schill. You are damn right they owe us something. That is the whole premise of Pre-Ordering. What the hell are you doing on this thread if you didn't thing they owed us something? Schill...
FU Schill

fwbjohn

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

It's called FIFO. Industry standard. First In First Out. What other company does this? Do you listen to any podcasts? Does this forum exist for no reason? No, you are are a schill or a punk ass teen-ager looking to start a fight. I am a 15 year IT consultant that is trying to help the community. I won't be a part of it. If you thing this Dbag has a point let me know. If you think I have a point let me know.

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

I have a certain feeling that Phil isn't crazy about heading up the podcast this week... :p

fwbjohn

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Sorry Phil. Not trying to give into the Antagonist. Hopefully, you see my point. There were people depending on getting those tablets before the retail, now we are all waiting. Not just a newb complaining bc he did not get his tablet first. There are people that rely on Pre-order to do their job and Google dropped the ball. Life goes on.

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

keithz

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I have a certain feeling that Phil isn't crazy about heading up the podcast this week... :p

I straight up wish the media would call out Google on this launch. It's the only way they'll be embarrassed, learn and improve.

Reactions: greatgoogly

quinnsdaddy11

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Nice. If we don't agree with you, we should just shut up?

So you didn't get your Nexus 7 first. Big deal. Deal with it. Google doesn't owe you squat.

No Google doesn't owe you squat. I highly doubt you own any Android products. The only reason people like you should shut up is because you add nothing to the conversation and all you are doing is shaking a hornets nest.

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Personal insults will not be tolerated. I don't care what name you use--troll, idiot, whatever--please do not insult one another.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out. Google will announce the release on the 21 st. By then, even who ordered on the 27th will have ours. So, we will have gotten our pre-orders before the release. Makes sense, huh?

Mod edit - only going to start more fights with unnecessary name calling.

mc511

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Pre order doesnt mean you get it first. Idk where that has ever been the definition of a pre order. I pre order games all the time from gamestop and bestbuy. I get my product the same day everyone else does. I pre ordered halo 4, it comes out November 6th. By your logic because i pre ordered i should have it november 5th? No. Now if gamestop sells my pre order id be pissed. Did google play sell your pre order?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae