Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By wunderbar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Default Chrome in full screen?

Is there a way to make the tabs and address bar disappear in chrome? The Fire will do this, and it really increases the viewable area on a page.

Not that I have seen. I also could see this being useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Rooted AOSP JB on all

Default Re: Chrome in full screen?

I'm afraid you'd need a third party browser for that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

I tried Dolphin out. You can go fullscreen, but you have to toggle back to access the address bar. I wish that it would appear after swiping down from the top.

Actually it's easy to access the tabs in dolphin. Just press the menu button and they appear along with the notification bar. I've been using dolphin for years and love it. It has many extra features and add-ons. I'm trying to move to Chrome for the Google integration. But things like not having a full-screen are a problem for me

Sent from GS3.

That's not true,

That's not true with dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    I tried Dolphin out. You can go fullscreen, but you have to toggle back to access the address bar. I wish that it would appear after swiping down from the top.

the latest chrome beta for android has it, so it will be making the way to the stable app at some point in the not too distant future.