Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Default Re: Simply - Yes or No? Google screwed up this release.

No of course not. This whole shipping thing will be forgotten in a week when they get their tablet. then they will have something else to complain over.
    Thanked by 5:

No
    And no, I don't own a N7 yet.
    The only thing that I can fault them on is not having a firm launch date. Google would know how many tablets they would want available on launch. They would also know how long manufacturing would take to get to that number (or have a really good estimate). They could have announced a launch date set in stone instead of the: "Sometime in mid July" crap they spewed out.
    This was the main reason I didn't order from anyone online. I didn't want to sit around reading forums with rumors on when something that I've paid for may or may not ship.

So considering the launch date being written in sand as the tide was coming in. I think they did an okay job. I just hope they learn that people like to know actual dates for items like this. The alternative is lots of cranky consumers.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EJT View Post
    Interesting. I'm a 37 year old father, and professional educator who owns his own home outright and feels he deserves his money worth.

To answer the question....yes
    Isn't it funny how people think they know you based on a post or opinion? But to answer the question, yes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

No. Even though I have not received mine yet, but it hasn't been 2-3 weeks yet. I know it's coming soon

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Central Forums

Unfortunately yes. This incident has really shaken my confidence in Google's ability to tread the hardware supply waters with the likes of Apple and Amazon.
    mud314 likes this.

Yes, this has been the most opaque communication I've seen and slowest (after launch date) I've ever received a preorder.

No, not in the slightest.

Yes.
    They failed to communicate their intent. They let the message of a pending release date grow and apparently never attempted to gain control of it. They let the message control them instead of the other way around. It revealed a level of incompetence and a lack of business acumen that was somewhat shocking.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM 9.1

Yes. Even though like many people will say it did still fall into the 2-3 week schedule. You can't deny the fact that there was absolutely no communication for those 2 weeks. We got more info from retailers than google themselves and not to mention many of the play orders tracking slips were made a week ago.

And of course the whole paying for shipping thing.
    Thanked by:

No.

Yes. Absolutely. Completely botched. And, what's worse, it's obvious they either don't know or don't care. Either way, it doesn't reflect well on Google.

Yes. And now they are lying about it. Even worse.

Definitely yes. Some stores offering pre-orders others not because of lack of clear information from Google. I lucked out in that I had added an 8gig to my cart on Google Play’s website and was about to complete my order when my coworker walked up and said Sams Club had 4 16 gig models in stock. We rushed over there and got one each

YES!

For the simple fact that they should have prioritized Google Play Pre-orders over retailers since they clearly aren't competent at this enough to have pre-orders arrive at customers doors at the same time as retailers stock.

If it was simply up to the 2-3wk time frame it would be an entirely different story....

no.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,236 Global Posts

No.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

yes

i think the pre order people got shafted but this will all be forgotten once we get our tablets. Nexus 7 and G nex are great products but Google play is still young and needs to iron out a few kinks on his hardware sales.
    Google Android Affectionado

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Yes

1) Inability to control retail partners during a major launch.
    2) Zero communications.

This will lead to lots of refused orders. Those of us who pre-ordered and picked up at a store will impact others. Less stock in stores. Less at Google warehouse till all the refused shipments are back.

The Play store has also earned a reputation as a ripoff. Substantially higher costs. Poor delivery dates.

More reminders why Google is a long way away from being Apple Or Amazon.
    ruger141 and mud314 like this.

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    There not grown men there kids living in moms basement who expect the world to had them every thing on a golden platter. They need to throw on some glitter and step into the sun light.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Speak for yourself. I'm a military officer with 12 years of service. I was flying jets at 25. And I'm serving as the senior avionics engineering manager now on a project management team for a multi-billion dollar aircraft acquisition.

Let me know what you accomplished by 32.

My beef with this launch is simple. I value the money I earn. And I don't like being ripped off. I expect companies to not just keep the promises they make. I expect them to act in the interests of their customers as well. How many of you do the utter bare minimum at work or in your relationships and think its acceptable because you are technically correct?

This launch just shows how amateur Google still is at customer service. They aren't even in the same league as Apple or Amazon.

PS. Please turn off the light when you come up from the basement....
    Thanked by 5:
    ruger141, qnet, stumetz and 4 others like this.

ROM
    CyanogenMod 6.1.1/Stock

Yes

Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elindquist1 View Post
    No. Sick and tired of the grown men whining on this forum. It was fun last week when we all were dealing with it, but we all will get it sometime this week. Relax and quite ing about getting your shipping refunded. It is $14 bucks, bro.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    It was $19 in Canada. Since it's no big deal to you, please pull out a $20 from your wallet and light it. Apparently, you're a baller like that......
    Thanked by:
    crackberrytraitor and mud314 like this.

NO!

Quote Originally Posted by mc511 View Post
    No of course not. This whole shipping thing will be forgotten in a week when they get their tablet. then they will have something else to complain over.
    Please don't take this as a personal attack, but I find it more than a little ironic that this comes from the guy who has taken the time to make like 10+ posts across numerous threads complaining about all the complainers.

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    There not grown men there kids living in moms basement who expect the world to had them every thing on a golden platter. They need to throw on some glitter and step into the sun light.
    I'm a little offended, bro. I'm 22 years old and own a 400,000 (maybe a little less in the current market) house, mortgage free. I moved out at 17 with nothing. I really doubt you can say the same. Shipping and receiving things is my business, so this whole mess kinda hits close to home, I just don't consider that stuff acceptable. I've ordered well over a dozen pieces of consumer electronics pre-order, from graphics cards to cell phones and have never dealt with something like this before.
    Last edited by crackberrytraitor; 07-16-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    ruger141, qnet and keithz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by crackberrytraitor View Post
    Please don't take this as a personal attack, but I find it more than a little ironic that this comes from the guy who has taken the time to make like 10+ posts across numerous threads complaining about all the complainers.

It's actually spelled "their". And I'm a little offended, bro. I'm 22 years old and own a 400,000 (maybe a little less in the current market) house, mortgage free. I moved out at 17 with nothing. I really doubt you can say the same. Shipping and receiving things is my business, so this whole mess kinda hits close to home, I just don't consider that stuff acceptable. I've ordered well over a dozen pieces of consumer electronics pre-order, from graphics cards to cell phones and have never dealt with something like this before.
    No, it is not "actually spelled 'their'," as you replied and it is not "there," as used by the OP. Both are incorrect. "They're" is the correct contraction for "they are" as used in the OP's sentence. You might want to review a Standard List of Contractions in English.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast