UPS tracking says ONLY label created NOT shipped!!

EnDroidable

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same message. I received my tracking info at like 2am on Saturday. I'm sure by the end of the day today all of the tracking numbers will show that they have been picked up. Chill people! :cool:

I hope so. Plus it's still morning. They have a lot of time to get everything in order and shipped out.

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Glad to know I'm not the only who's had this happen. I got my shipping notice email from Google Friday evening. The UPS tracking info finally updated this morning, but was puzzled that it didn't give me any status of transit. I called UPS to help explain it to me, and they say, that they say that they haven't received the package yet. I then called Google an hour ago, and they said it shipped out today. I quickly asked, "Why did I receive a shipping notification on Friday?" The rep backpedaled, and said I should receive my package today or tomorrow, and said that UPS probably didn't update the package's status yet.

It's confusion like this, that makes me lose confidence in Google's customer service. I don't necessarily believe it's the rep's fault. I think he just doesn't have the information available that he needs to satisfactorily answer questions. I would be surprised if I got today or tomorrow. I plan to save my F5 key for another day. I'm not bitter at Google as I was this past Friday, I just finally accepted that Google isn't ready yet for retail launches yet. Give Sad Panda a hug for me!

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Same over here. Label created 7/11. I know the weekend cut this stuff off, but I'm definitely not paying for "two day shipping" when it has taken 3+ business days. I've already emailed Google about this yesterday and haven't heard a peep. Very disappointing. I'm sure a lot will be forgiven once it's in my hands, but still. Not likely to buy Play store devices again.

YotaDude10

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got done talking to UPS

Initial Question: Order Status
Maria C.: Hi, this is Maria C.. I'll be happy to assist you.
Maria C.: At this moment we just show the billing information on the system. The "Billing Information Received" tracking scan indicates that UPS has received electronic transmission of package data from the shipper. Sometimes the package is not actually given to UPS on the date the shipper processed the billing information.

I would suggest contacting the shipper to determine if the shipment was sent as scheduled. Once this occurs, you can continue to track the package here at ups.com.

Dustin: When should i be looking at recieving my package?
Maria C.: If the shipper gave it to us the same day the label was created it will be there today.
Dustin: When do you think UPS will have me package? Google states the package has been shipping but UPS doesnt have any info on it yet as to where it is.
Maria C.: This packages are going to begin to be delivered tomorrow.
Dustin: Delivered to UPS or me
Maria C.: We will begin to deliver this packages tomorrow, please keep tracking your package so you will have more information about it, tomorrow.
Dustin: I have been using the UPS app on my phone and it says my packages estimated delivery date is today?
Maria C.: I understand that your delivery date is stated for today, however at this moment we have a message from Google that this tablets are going to begin to be delivered tomorrow.
Dustin: Ok thank you
Maria C.: You're welcome. Have a great day.
Maria C. has disconnected.

Hope this helps out. Looks like UPS doesnt have the packages yet

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So I'm pretty positive now that the other package that's being delivered to me today is not the N7. I'm not confident on what exactly it could be (might be a replacement credit card I requested Thursday night) but given the weight difference (it's 1 lb vs. 1.7 lbs that the Google provided tracking number displays)...it's probably just a set of pure coincidence. I really won't know till I get home from work. I apologize for any confusion.

Oh well, this better be sorted out in the next couple of days if Google is to keep to their 2-3 week commitment but I still won't sleep over it. It's just a tablet after all.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I have often had UPS tracking show a package as "shipping info received" up until the package is actually delivered. They are the absolute worst at consistently updating package tracking info. Even when they do update the info, it's often late by a day. So for all I know right now, my package could be on it's way but UPS just hasn't updated the stupid status.

This....

I'm an Amazon prime user. This 'created a label' thing for a day longer than it should be happens all the time. Then all of a sudden the box shows up and all the step by step tracking of the box's movement appears at once.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
:D

Update:
My UPS just updated and it looks like Tuesday by end of day (device shows coming out of UPS Louisville, KY)

Your order has been shipped!
Google Inc. shipped your order. Have questions? Contact Google Inc..
Jul 14 Google Inc. charged your VISA for $287.32. "GOOGLE *Devices" will appear on your billing statement.
Jul 14 Google Inc. shipped your order.
Track UPS package #
Jun 29 Google Inc. received your order.
Jun 29 You placed an order with Google Inc. on Jun 29. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

Last edited:

richo123

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
OK if it is Tuesday or Wednesday for me then the 2 day shipping has not occured. Google need to get their act together. Don't charge people for a service which is not delivered.

Their public relations over this has been awful. Why didn't they simply release a statement on Friday last saying that due to overwhelming demand shipping has been delayed a few days.

I guess if they are working on a very fine profit margin here then they are unlikely to want to make shipping refunds.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
OK if it is Tuesday or Wednesday for me then the 2 day shipping has not occured. Google need to get their act together. Don't charge people for a service which is not delivered.

Their public relations over this has been awful. Why didn't they simply release a statement on Friday last saying that due to overwhelming demand shipping has been delayed a few days.

I guess if they are working on a very fine profit margin here then they are unlikely to want to make shipping refunds.

Ok, what appears to have happened here is that Google HAD intended to ship these earlier but for whatever reason, most likely you can blame the 2 OTA Jellybean updates that just came out, BUT I can not say for sure, BUT that's probably a good guess, they had to delay shipment. Did they handle this poorly, perhaps, BUT what else could they have done? This kind of stuff happens ALL the time with mobile devices, it is NOT limited to Google, and you can bet it HAS happened to Apple also. Yes yes, over the years Apple has gotten pretty good at it, BUT they HAVE stumbled too, EVERYONE has!

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, what appears to have happened here is that Google HAD intended to ship these earlier but for whatever reason, most likely you can blame the 2 OTA Jellybean updates that just came out, BUT I can not say for sure, BUT that's probably a good guess, they had to delay shipment. Did they handle this poorly, perhaps, BUT what else could they have done? This kind of stuff happens ALL the time with mobile devices, it is NOT limited to Google, and you can bet it HAS happened to Apple also. Yes yes, over the years Apple has gotten pretty good at it, BUT they HAVE stumbled too, EVERYONE has!

What does the OTA have to do with anything?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What does the OTA have to do with anything?

Servers, support, plus they need to actually be released, plus I'm just guessing that was the reason for the delay. Lets say you have a device about to go out, BUT you know it has a major bug, BUT there's a patch, in the form of an OTA update. Wouldn't you hold up releasing the product until you knew the OTA update was ready to go, the servers to deliver it were in place and ready to handle the load, and your support team was in place to field all the calls about it?

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Servers, support, plus they need to actually be released, plus I'm just guessing that was the reason for the delay. Lets say you have a device about to go out, BUT you know it has a major bug, BUT there's a patch, in the form of an OTA update. Wouldn't you hold up releasing the product until you knew the OTA update was ready to go, the servers to deliver it were in place and ready to handle the load, and your support team was in place to field all the calls about it?

So you are saying that an update that went live 6 days ago is the reason they haven't shipped preorders until today? But they also only delayed preorders from their own store. It wasn't a big enough "bug" to delay sales from any other channel? Makes sense.

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Not trying to bash on UPS too much or anything, but I've also noticed that a few times I called them asking for status on my package, they pretty much just read whatever the tracking site was showing ME. They didn't have any special info that I wasn't able to obtain on my own.

And I knew I had caught them doing that, because they said it was still at a location out of state, yet it arrived a few hours later. Same with a "UPS notified to receive item" kind of status on another occasion.

Not trying to shift any blame to anyone, just trying to help people understand that the tracking info isn't 100% accurate and real time, and is subject to bugs and issues on top of lazy service from UPS.

Think of it this way- this 2 or 3 days some of us may have to wait for our package just gives developers more time to fix their apps so they work with JB/N7. :cool:

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm so glad I bought one locally instead of waiting for Google to figure out how to ship. :confused:

This sucker is getting flagged return to sender once the link is live.
DXNma.jpg

occam49

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
"I finally got past the no information notice for my UPS tracking number. It has NOT SHIPPED on 7/14, only a label has been generated!!!

It now says "

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
Label Created On:
07/11/2012
Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:
07/11/2012
Type:
Package
Weight:
1.70 lbs"

I am pissed! That means delivery on Weds at the earliest. "

Yes I go t his exact same email this morning.

Note to Google: If you're going to have chance of success in the on-line retail business, take a few lessons from Amazon before you lose millions and piss off the entire world. Stuff happens fast now days ... how can you be such incompetents at this? Amazing!!!

danyzfr6

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the packages w/ tracking numbers that were ready last week are being picked up this morning. Like many of you, I received a UPS tracking number on Friday evening which provided no information the whole weekend except to say that the package was ready for UPS pick-up. Finally, this morning, within the last 5 minutes, UPS finally picked-up the package (for a slip that's been ready since 7/12):

- Louisville, KY, United States 07/16/2012 10:40 A.M. Origin Scan

Scheduled delivery is 7/17 by end of day.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So you are saying that an update that went live 6 days ago is the reason they haven't shipped preorders until today? But they also only delayed preorders from their own store. It wasn't a big enough "bug" to delay sales from any other channel? Makes sense.

Actually I said 2 OTA updates, they probably wanted to combine them, BUT that is just my guess. And the support calls of 2 updates in quick succession like that. BUT again that's just my guess.

Maybe they did it just to peeve you off Dave! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance