Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default no flash support for nexus 7?

I just read that there will not be any flash support for the nexus 7 or any jellbean device.

How are you supposed to watch embedded video on websites, like espn for example

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

Not yet! Pretty sure it will have in Google play soon

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    mobilejack likes this.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Re: no flash support for nexus 7?

Quick answer: HTML 5.

Adobe has .

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Atrix CM9 KANG

Yup, no official Flash support. However, using search would yeild you at least two other topics in this same forum with a link to the. apk to side load it and suggestions on a work around, such as installing the. apk and using Dolphin HD browser, which works like a champ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Android Central Forums
    parth.s likes this.

I installed firefox and flash, both side loaded, works like a charm, I want flash for 1 thing and thats watching amazon prime movies. I imagine going forward with adobe's discontinuation of flash, Amazon may make a move to html 5.....hopefully

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Contact your favorite websites and let then know that they need to update to html5. What else can u do?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

I dont miss flash that much. Sure its used everywhere but i mostly read on the web and watch videos from youtube. N7 does both very well.

google needs to provide a flash player alternative.

there is no point in having a tablet that can't display the flash streams on countless web sites people want to view on their phones and tablets.

Where are people getting this from? There is an official flash plugin, and not one, but two browsers that support the plugin and natively play flash (Dolphin and Firefox). This is the second post I've seen about this..

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamagushi View Post
    Where are people getting this from? There is an official flash plugin, and not one, but two browsers that support the plugin and natively play flash (Dolphin and Firefox). This is the second post I've seen about this..
    Where is this official plugin you speak of? I've seen the side loading posts, but do not find an official plugin in the Play Store.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bespinct View Post
    Where is this official plugin you speak of? I've seen the side loading posts, but do not find an official plugin in the Play Store.

Steve in CT

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails no flash support for nexus 7?-wp_000036.jpg  

I've never searched for it, but running dolphin or firefox, when you come to a page that uses flash, it will prompt you to download flash player which brings you to the market.
    Thanked by:

And Flash in Aurora(Firefox Alpha):

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails no flash support for nexus 7?-wp_000037.jpg  

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

That's weird. I'm not able to download Firefox because the Play Store says my device isn't compatible and loading flash pages in Dolphin just tell me that I don't have the plugin installed.

Steve in CT

Ohhhh, this is a different device, if play store is saying incompatible then yea, youll probably have to side load, don't see why it would be incompatible tho. What I was just showing is an old tegra 2 tablet lol..

Could someone explain how this works? I've got the .exe file for the flash plug in on my desktop. Do I copy that over with a USB connection, then run it in my Nexus 7? Or what? Thanks

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by EJT View Post

Merry Christmas
    Sorry for being a noob but what do do with that file? I just got the n7 and have never used android before.

Thanks for any help
    Thanked by:
    alxz12 

Quote Originally Posted by bluphyre View Post
    Sorry for being a noob but what do do with that file? I just got the n7 and have never used android before.

Thanks for any help
    Go to that link on your device. Download the file on the page. You'll see a notification in your notification pane. Open it, and follow the prompts. It'll install Flash, just like you were installing it from the Play Store. Make sure you go into settings, security, and check the box for installing from unknown sources first.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
    I just read that there will not be any flash support for the nexus 7 or any jellbean device.

How are you supposed to watch embedded video on websites, like espn for example
    Well the N7 isn't alone... this little known device called iPad doesn't support flash either... and as others have said Adobe has stopped developing flash for mobile... and that's a good thing in my opinion .. the more that we can do without 3rd party apps/plugins the better...

Flash never really became a standard on mobile like it did on PC's... until recently the hardware to run flash just wasn't a reality in the mobile space...

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Well the N7 isn't alone... this little known device called iPad doesn't support flash either... and as others have said Adobe has stopped developing flash for mobile... and that's a good thing in my opinion .. the more that we can do without 3rd party apps/plugins the better...

Flash never really became a standard on mobile like it did on PC's... until recently the hardware to run flash just wasn't a reality in the mobile space...

I plan to purchase the N7. What sites will I not be able to visit because of the lack of Adobe? And will someone please explain to me what's the difference between viewing a webpage regularly and "Side Loading". I have plenty of questions, but lets just start witth these two. (Laymens)

He is talking about sideloading an app, not the web page. If you look a few posts above EJT has kindly posted the Flash APK. APK's are the installation programs for Android. Get your tablet, go into settings and check the setting that will allow you to install apps from unknown sources, click on the flash.apk link above, follow the prompts and install flash, go to the market and get either the Dolphin HD browser or Firefox, then enjoy flash content on the web! Maybe not the easiest thing to do, but it will work.

I like how there's threads for this already.

Easy-as-pie instructions on getting Flash on your new, stock, unrooted N7: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...n-try-fix.html

I got it to work on the first try with zero issues. Hang onto the apk files (easy way is to just put them on Google Drive for safe keeping) in case you ever have to reset your tablet and you shouldn't have to worry about it for a good while. HTML5 supported sites should be more widespread in the future anyway, and I don't think Adobe is developing Flash much further.

Quote Originally Posted by OldDogEyes View Post

But that little known iDevice has forced site owners to make a seperate HTML5 site/app tailor-made for it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast