Screen Distortion

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I, like others, have the left side screen deal where its not as flush as the right side (pushing down on it for awhile temporarily fixes the problem). However, when I apply any firm pressure to the bezel, the screen gets that typical "fluid wave" as a result of the pressure from the contact. Is this happening to anyone else's, or am I just being too picky? It doesn't take intense pressure, just anything firm.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If I try hard I can reproduce the effect you mention, but not with regular use and only toward the bottom left of the screen. I certainly don't see it with the normal amount of pressure that I would hold the device with.

Steve from CT

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mbo1

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
ASUS manufactured these, and it typically has some nasty quality control problems early on. I was hoping this launch would be different...

edwinc8811

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
thats how lcd screens without any sort of protection usually react when you apply pressure to them. i can do the same to my laptop screen and tv. you just happen to be pushing hard enough for the force to go though the glass..?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
You can do this on any mobile device out there. The thinness of the device lends itself to minor distortions, causing ripples in the LCD. I've done it on iPads, iPhones, iPods, my Transformer, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Galaxy Tab 10.1, etc. My phone doesn't, but it's an OLED so it wouldn't.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw this mentioned in a review of the N7 (but I can't remember where) so it seems normal. The reviewer stated that the scratch resistant glass seemed thinner than other devices and could be flexed if pressed hard. Don't press too hard though, I say a picture from someone who was trying to press down the screen to get the adhesive to stick that cracked their screen! I cannot cause screen distortion by pressing hard on my iPad screen.

rmartin122293

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I am experiencing the same issue! For some reason, it only happens [noticeably] when I press down towards the upper-center on the left side of the screen, elsewhere it is not as sensitive. Is this normal, or should we be asking for a new product?
I also agree with above person who said this does not happen on an iPad...This is why it seems weird to me.
P.S. I tried the whole "tightening the screws" bit that's going around, and it worked for me in making the screen more flush, but only for a couple of days and now it seems back to [or worse] than it was before. Disappointed because I love this little device.

Curiously unrelated question: Does anyone know what the date printed on the back of the Nexus 7's back cover signifies? Mine says 5/18/12.

Last edited:

U2Bono269

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get the screen seated firmly, the distortion goes away. I clamped mine for about 2 hours and when it was done I got little-to-no distortion.