16gb pre-orders probably delayed...

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Well we have all seen the trend, then I just noticed on the play store page, specifically the 16gb model now is back up to 3-4 weeks to ship. I think its getting clear they ran out of 16gb tablets. They shouldn't have shipped all the 16gb models out to the stores before our pre-orders were met. They have just tomorrow left to hold by their word... I'm doubting were all suddenly gonna be all set tomorrow.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I can only come across the 16 gigs in the stores here in the Vermont state. I wouldn't mind getting the 8 gig.

I did mention this in another post, but waiting a few weeks might not be such a bad thing. If you think about it, how many people have come across manufacter defects due to them being the first shipment? So waiting for all the defective devices to get out there might be helpful for you.

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I preordered my 16gb on July 11th and it hasn't shipped yet. It said 1-2 weeks then, and it did say 1-2 weeks this morning but you're correct that it's changed to 3-4. Kinda sucks, I'm actually surprised it hasn't shipped yet but I seriously hope it didn't get stuck with this batch of 3-4.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this model and it's being delivered today. Of course if you didn't preorder it, then you'll have to wait. That's the purpose of a preorder though.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this model and it's being delivered today. Of course if you didn't preorder it, then you'll have to wait. That's the purpose of a preorder though.

Right but the fact is most people here ordered before the 7th and the button most definitely said "Pre Order" when they ordered. So according to Google they should be shipped today.

Yamagushi

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

The idea is that, if they cant ship any non pre-orders for another month. They don't have any stock for another month. Meaning either they just have exactly enough to fill pre-orders as promised(doubtful as it wouldnt be a month for the next batch), or they didn't have enough to even fill the pre-orders and they will likely be delayed as Google plays catch up making more.

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't the updated Play store listing only apply to people who order them now?

Yes, it should but sadly, it doesnt. Google has their priority of pre-orders all mixed up and as the other members of this forum have said, the very first day of when the nexus 7 was announced and the very first week of july preorders have gone missing (Only a few.. very few have slipped through the crack and has gotten to them) but my purchase information is still in my email and on GP.

If i have to wait another 3-4 weeks cause they ran out, I would be okay about it if they sent me an email about it and apologizing. But now.. im actually expecting some sort of customer satisfaction from them. And i'll end here. I may be flame for wanting some sort of customer satisfaction but I do believe the another 3-4 week justify the cause especially to those who preordered while no one had them.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I just noticed the 3-4 weeks. I'm wondering when we will see the tablets now. I hope our preorders are what they may have left and we still will get them in a reasonable time.

I'm just speculating but, it seems like Google took a gamble to please the people who ordered late and into July. Those who preordered are a acceptable loss as far as consumer experience. Everyone will eventually get their tablets and only a few will not purchase anything from Google again, an acceptable loss.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I just noticed the 3-4 weeks. I'm wondering when we will see the tablets now. I hope our preorders are what they may have left and we still will get them in a reasonable time.

I'm just speculating but, it seems like Google took a gamble to please the people who ordered late and into July. Those who preordered are a acceptable loss as far as consumer experience. Everyone will eventually get their tablets and only a few will not purchase anything from Google again, an acceptable loss.

I'm with calibur about the customer satisfaction. They say all pre orders shipped by today. If i don't see anything by tomorrow morning, google will start getting daily emails from me.

Qnet good speculation, but there are still people who ordered on the 28th and 29th of June who still don't have any movement on theirs either.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm with calibur about the customer satisfaction. They say all pre orders shipped by today. If i don't see anything by tomorrow morning, google will start getting daily emails from me.

Qnet good speculation, but there are still people who ordered on the 28th and 29th of June who still don't have any movement on theirs either.

I know, I'm one of them. I guess I'm just coming up with stuff to make myself feel better LOL! This is all starting to remind me of the VZW Galaxy Nexus release but much worse since I preordered so early.

I think it's time for me to get a life and take a break from here.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Edited by moderator.]

dude why don't you just cut it out? no one needs that right now. Have fun with it when you get it, but there is no need for you to hang it over everyone's head.

and by the way you did mean to brag or else you wouldn't have posted that screenshot in a thread about delayed orders.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084