Today 7/17 is the day all US pre-orders are to have shipped by...

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Thats precisely the problem I ordered 6/27 and I haven't received anything yet. You receiving yours is EXACTLY THE PROBLEM.

You are just being an impatient, whiny nerd. Google never promised that people who ordered first would get theirs first. Why would you ever expect that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rogger383

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Today 7/17 is the day all US pre-orders are to have shipped b

You are just being an impatient, whiny nerd. Google never promised that people who ordered first would get theirs first. Why would you ever expect that?

Because no one would expect to get it last when you pre-order. You expect to have the product in your hand the day it launches. At worst you expect to have a tracking number in your hand by the time someone can walk into a store and buy one.

Why are the marketing shills trying to redefine what a pre-order is? We're not that dumb.

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

Yes I am impatient, I will be able to use my device for about a week and then i won't have any access for years, so i'd like to take it for a spin. But I think it's pretty fair to think that if I order the first day something is on sale that at minimum I will get it the first day they are being delivered. I'd be fine with everyone receiving them the same day, but having people walk into office depot and buying them with no shipping is an insult.

Speaking of insults you are pathetic jerk that finds the need to actually be insulting rather than debate the issue at hand. That typically speaks to a lack of intelligence.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

No access for years? On a side note, mine was delivered today no signature required. Now I just have to sit here for 6.5 more hours before I can get home and tear into it!

tom49058

May 15, 2012
Visit site

16GB on 7/4. No word yet. I'm disapointed that it's available on the street before mine even ships, but if they get it to me inside the 2-3 week time frame the quoted I'll be fine with it.

meno73

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Ordered a 16GB no case on july 6th haven't heard a thing or been charged on my card this blows thanks Google way to take care of your loyal fan base!:mad:

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Ordered it on June 27 and its being delivered right now! No accessories/case whatsoever! My only worry is that sometimes my ups truck skips my area because its late on schedule. I'm planning to wait around til 12 am waiting for my Nexus 7!

zadock99

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Ordered 16GB on 27 Jun from Google Play. I had heard nothing so I called customer service this morning. They informed me that it will be another 2 to 3 weeks before mine is shipped. I have great difficulty in understanding Google's shipment priorities. But, I did learn a lesson. I will never again pre-order from Google Play.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

The only way other people should get their orders before a pre order is if there is an excess amount of devices. So far it seems that 8GB models are in excess so those pre order customers got/are getting theirs. 16GB models shouldn't have even been shipped to stores because it sounds like there wasn't even enough for all the pre orders.

Think about a video game with a midnight release. If you pre ordered you usually have 24 hours to come get your copy, after that THEN other customers who didn't pre order can buy your copy. Meaning Pre order customers should GET THEIRS FIRST.

ezzkmo

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Ordered 16GB on 27 Jun from Google Play. I had heard nothing so I called customer service this morning. They informed me that it will be another 2 to 3 weeks before mine is shipped. I have great difficulty in understanding Google's shipment priorities. But, I did learn a lesson. I will never again pre-order from Google Play.

Ok I hope that's not the case because that would be absolutely ridiculous! Doesn't instill much hope :(

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

All U.S. and Canada preorders should ship by today, according to the link. UK and others starting today.

Technically speaking, from the June 27th announcement, tomorrow should be the end of the "2-3 week" window we were given on the Play Store.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
All U.S. and Canada preorders should ship by today, according to the link. UK and others starting today.

Technically speaking, from the June 27th announcement, tomorrow should be the end of the "2-3 week" window we were given on the Play Store.

Today is the last day. Tomorrow is the first day of the 4th week.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I ordered on June 27, 2012 11:34:42 AM
16GB
Case
No Change
Getting more and more disappointed as the day goes on.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Just read a post on the XDA forum by someone who pre-ordered on 6/28. They were told they would "probably" receive a shipping confirmation tomorrow. Someone else spoke to CS and was told that their order must have had issues and would ship between now and Thursday.

Guess Google is now admitting that pre-orders will not ship by today, but it does not look like they are willing to take any responsibility for missing their own time frame.

Below is a link to the thread. If you think this forum is going crazy you should see XDA. The shipping thread is now over 1450 pages and 14,000 posts.

The all-in-one Play Store orders/shipping/etc thread - Page 1447 - xda-developers

BimmerGNex

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Ordered on 6/27
16gb
Cover

Card now has pending charge...
No shipping info

My co-worker ordered less than 10 mins before me and she got hers today...

JusticeCalibur

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

I was hold on for 1 hours and 18 minutes. I got through. According to the rep, he said that due to the high volume of orders in first two days and first week of July, they working on processing them all.

When I asked him as to why the newer orders after mine are already sent, he has no answer. He kept on mentioning the high volume to me though, so im under the impression that after the 1st week, the volume isnt as high. (I call BS on this.)

He did mention that my order is still in the system and that i SHOULD get an email confirmation by the end of tonight and tomorrow when its shipped, I should get charge and get it by Friday. If not, then its back to the waiting for me.

Reactions: cbatiste1993

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Ordered 6/28
N7 & Case
Finally got a charge/hold in my bank account for "Google device"
No other information.

DarkShadow703

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Below are more specific details by country. If the below information is not true for you, please reach out to our support team so we can investigate.

In the US: We?ve shipped all standalone Nexus 7 8GB orders (e.g., those without a case, charger or Nexus Q). By the end of day on July 19 (PDT), we will have shipped all standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through July 11 (PDT), and upgraded these orders to overnight shipping. We will process the remaining standalone Nexus 7 16GB orders by the end of next week with overnight shipping.

If you ordered your tablet with a case, charger or Nexus Q, your Nexus 7 will ship this week with overnight shipping, in some cases ahead of the rest of your order. Don't worry - the rest of your order will be on its way shortly.

In Canada: We?ve shipped all Nexus 7 8GB orders. We are in the process of shipping Nexus 7 16GB orders and will ship them in 1-2 weeks.

In the UK: All Nexus 7 8GB orders will ship by July 20 (BST). All Nexus 7 16GB orders placed through June 30 (BST), will ship by July 20 (BST). The remaining Nexus 7 16GB orders will ship next week.

In Australia: All Nexus 7 8GB and Nexus 7 16GB orders will be fulfilled by the end of day on July 19 (AEST) and will arrive in 3-5 days.
Link: An update on Nexus 7 shipping status - Google Play Help
I guess something came up and now we have to wait even longer. At least we get overnighted...

Reactions: jbuggydroid

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney