Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Today 7/17 is the day all US pre-orders are to have shipped by...

...was hoping to wake up this morning to some sign of activity... but what I found is no activity on cc, no changed in Google Play Store, and no email from Google with shipping information. If I had pre-ordered from just about any place (Staples, Gamestop, Sam's Club) I would have my Nexus 7 now. Instead Google continues to demonstrate what a bunch of novice's they are at launching a product, and even providing a modicum of responsive customer service.
    Just in case someone wants verification of Google stating that all US Pre-orders would ship by today, it is here http://support.google.com/googleplay...1735&ctx=topic

Default Re: Today 7/17 is the day all US pre-orders are to have shipped b

I think they took lessons from Blizzard and the D3 launch.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I ordered it on 7/8 Nexus is out for delivery as of 4:09 am this early morning of Tuesday. I will get it by the end of today.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by CandyNJ66 View Post
    I ordered it on 7/8 Nexus is out for delivery as of 4:09 am this early morning of Tuesday. I will get it by the end of today.
    I ordered on 7/7 16GB no case.... no communication

Quote Originally Posted by greatgoogly View Post
    Mine was ordered on 7/4.....same boat you are in!
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7

If ordered on the 7th then they have three weeks from when you ordered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I ordered an 8GB version plus the case. While I don't have any updates from Google, my credit card was charged last night. It's just a shame that all this extra time to think about my purchase has led me to the decision that I don't really NEED a tablet. I tried to cancel it last week but they told me that shipping was imminent. I guess now I'll just leave a note on the door for UPS when they attempt to deliver it.

I feel your pain....I ordered an 8gb June 28th with a case.....still nothing

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

I ordered on 7/5 and nothing yet...

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Ordered 6/29 (16GB) and it is out for delivery and will be here today.

Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by edgeless View Post
    I feel your pain....I ordered an 8gb June 28th with a case.....still nothing

I ordered on 6/28 with a case also. I think that something defiantly went wrong. I thought for sure we would have heard something by now.

I noticed the same type of strange shipping when I ordered the Gnex. I ordered it on a Friday but, there were people who ordered Saturday and got the phone tuesday before the holiday. I didn't get mine until after the holiday Thursday. That didn't bother me because I understand it was during a holiday weekend. This seems a little worse though.

It's funny because I'm really into the Nexus devices and the whole idea behind it. I was seriously thinking about getting a Nexus Q also but, I think I will wait until t says "shipping now"

Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by boobot View Post
    Ordered 6/29 (16GB) and it is out for delivery and will be here today.
    That's awesome! it's nice to see someone who ordered in that timeframe getting their tablet.

I ordered a 8gig, no case on 7/12, and it is out for delivery today!

Quote Originally Posted by steve dave View Post

No, if you ordered on the 7th it would have still been a pre order. And they are promising ALL pre orders (regardless of date ordered) will be shipped by today.

I ordered the 6th, and still nothing today so far.

oh joy! I just got home from my graveyard shift. (5AM right now.) And what do i find? Nothing. (sigh.) I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and wait until tomorrow (wednesday morning 5AM again after my graveyard shift) to see if there is any update on my preorder.

no charge, no email. nada.

7/7 16GB - No accessories bought.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by steve dave View Post

You are incorrect. According to Google's own statement (in link I provided) they are claiming that all pre-orders will ship by today.
    I got sick of waiting and walked into a Staples first thing this morning and bought one, didn't pre-order through Staples or anything.
    I'll be calling Google and cancelling the order, if they won't let me cancel I'm sure I'll be able to sell the extra one, unless my wife decides she wants one

You are incorrect. According to Google's own statement (in link I provided) they are claiming that all pre-orders will ship by today.
    I got sick of waiting and walked into a Staples first thing this morning and bought one, didn't pre-order through Staples or anything.
    I'll be calling Google and cancelling the order, if they won't let me cancel I'm sure I'll be able to sell the extra one, unless my wife decides she wants one
    Man I wish I had your cash lol. Yesterday I went to office depot to buy one and my card was declined! I'm guessing cause google still has my money on hold

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

To be fair, it is still VERY early in the day on the 17th. If everything is supposed to ship by today, they still have the whole day to get that completed.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I ordered the 8g on July 11th, it is out for delivery today

Quote Originally Posted by DestinedtoGame View Post
    I think they took lessons from Blizzard and the D3 launch.
    I received mine on launch day with a PRE-ORDER. :

Quote Originally Posted by ack154 View Post
    To be fair, it is still VERY early in the day on the 17th. If everything is supposed to ship by today, they still have the whole day to get that completed.
    Agreed. Reason im giving them the benefit of the doubt and waiting until tomorrow at 5AM to see any changes. I'm also off that day so i can stay on the line and ask questions concerning my preorder. Since i recall they mention all preorders will be complete by wednesday and by friday, everyone (at least in the US) should have theirs.

I'm going to sleep. Haha. Too tired from work to deal with Google.

June 27th 4:00 PM 16 GB with a case and I have heard anything.

Ordered a 16 GB on 6-28, it's been sitting in my "local" (hour away) UPS hub since last night and is NOT out for delivery (as of this posting).
    Our UPS driver usually comes between 1-3 pm.
    If I don't have it today, I will call Google and politely ask for a refund of the shipping charges. No reason why a package arrives at the hub the night before and it's not delivered the next day, especially when it's 2-day air.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Ordered a 16 GB on 6-28, it's been sitting in my "local" (hour away) UPS hub since last night and is NOT out for delivery (as of this posting).
    Our UPS driver usually comes between 1-3 pm.
    If I don't have it today, I will call Google and politely ask for a refund of the shipping charges. No reason why a package arrives at the hub the night before and it's not delivered the next day, especially when it's 2-day air.
    If it is at the UPS hub and not to you yet, how is that Google's problem? You should be calling UPS and asking them why it hasan't moved yet. Then again, it's still fairly early in the morning and the system may not have updated the their latest scans yet.

Seriously though, Google has nothing to do with your device sitting in a UPS hub.

I ordered it on the 29th..and it is to be delivered today. Shipping Conf cam on July 14th.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast