Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bafrench
  • 1 Post By genoist
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    cm7,cm9

Default seen nexus7 sell for $500.00 on ebay

I was curious last night and decided to go see how much people was getting on ebay for the nexus7 and what i seen blew my mind.People was selling their tablets saying that they should be there any day and when they receive it they will ship it.I seen one go for $500.00 and a ton for $400.00 and $350 to $400.00,and not io editions,these was the ones we are all waiting on,which my tracking says i will be receiving today,thank god!I figured they would go for $40 or $50 over sticker but never thought i would see what i saw.If anybody is interested just type in the name and the modify the search for completed listings,although they are still hundreds and hundreds still selling.Just thought i would share this with everyone.Good luck to everybody still waiting like me,hopefully this is my last day,and yours.

Default Re: seen nexus7 sell for $500.00 on ebay

Anyone who's willing to pay that kind of money for a $200 device would be crazy. All they need to do is exercise a little patience and although I know that's not easy it would save quite a bit of money. Unless you have money to burn, it's crazy to pay double what something is worth but I know football tickets go the same route, LOL!
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.

These buyers are probably in countries where you can't purchase a Nexus 7 any other way.
    keithz likes this.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure eBay's policies prohibit selling something you don't physically have in your hands. Not that it stops everyone or all them get removed, but still.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    cm7,cm9

Quote Originally Posted by ack154 View Post
    I'm pretty sure eBay's policies prohibit selling something you don't physically have in your hands. Not that it stops everyone or all them get removed, but still.
    I sell on ebay for a living and although they frown upon it they actually do not physically stop it there for everybody still does it,im still blown away bye what i saw.

Crazy is exactly what I call it... But I do think it is from buyers in other countries... I just walked into a store yesterday and purchased my 16gb version..

Quote Originally Posted by bafrench View Post
    These buyers are probably in countries where you can't purchase a Nexus 7 any other way.
    I agree. They probably don't have a local Staples or GameStop and/or their country imposes a huge VAT that would triple the price if they bought a retail Nexus 7.

Or the buyers are Nigerian scammers.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,850 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Ok i just checked ebay and the prices are no where near what the OP is saying, they are just a little bit above retail.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9

Maybe buyers are people in countries like North Korea and Iran.

saw one in Texas on craigslist (16 GB for $350).
    or you could just wait a bit longer and save $100...

That might be my nexus 7..explains why I am still waiting to hear about my pre-order

Very cunning to sell it on eBay..i hope google buys it..then sends it to me

Must tell the guy to leave free movies on it..save me money

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by droidnutt1130 View Post
    I was curious last night and decided to go see how much people was were getting on ebay for the nexus7 and what i I seen saw blew my mind. People was were selling their tablets saying that they should be there any day and when they receive it they will ship it. I seen saw one go for $500.00 and a ton for $400.00 and $350 to $400.00, and not io editions, these was were the ones we are all waiting on, which my tracking says i I will be receiving today, thank god! I figured they would go for $40 or $50 over sticker but [I] never thought i I would see what i I saw. If anybody is interested just type in the name and the modify the search for completed listings, although they there are still hundreds and hundreds still selling. Just thought i I would share this with everyone.Good luck to everybody still waiting like me, hopefully this is my last day, and yours.

Did a little fix up here, still needs more though.
    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes "ding!" when there's stuff." - The Doctor
    Josefius likes this.

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 9

Quote Originally Posted by genoist View Post
    Did a little fix up here, still needs more though.
    Hilarious, lol.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    cm7,cm9

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Ok i just checked ebay and the prices are no where near what the OP is saying, they are just a little bit above retail.
    You may need some reading glasses brother,and calling me a liar is not a very good idea.you need to go to completed listings and go down the list longer than one mouse spin,i watched the auction end myself and i am not blind and last time i checked im competent of reading prices.do i need to give out the sellers name so you can look them up.there is atleast 50 to 60 sold for $400.00 plus

ROM
    CM 9.1

Note to self for future releases...

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Just got my Google Play Nexus 7 in the mail... we'll see if I'm able to make a few bucks off of it, else it's getting returned to Google (got one on launch day by walking into Gamestop)