I was curious last night and decided to go see how much people was getting on ebay for the nexus7 and what i seen blew my mind.People was selling their tablets saying that they should be there any day and when they receive it they will ship it.I seen one go for $500.00 and a ton for $400.00 and $350 to $400.00,and not io editions,these was the ones we are all waiting on,which my tracking says i will be receiving today,thank god!I figured they would go for $40 or $50 over sticker but never thought i would see what i saw.If anybody is interested just type in the name and the modify the search for completed listings,although they are still hundreds and hundreds still selling.Just thought i would share this with everyone.Good luck to everybody still waiting like me,hopefully this is my last day,and yours.
    07-17-2012 08:32 AM
    Anyone who's willing to pay that kind of money for a $200 device would be crazy. All they need to do is exercise a little patience and although I know that's not easy it would save quite a bit of money. Unless you have money to burn, it's crazy to pay double what something is worth but I know football tickets go the same route, LOL!
    07-17-2012 08:45 AM
    These buyers are probably in countries where you can't purchase a Nexus 7 any other way.
    keithz likes this.
    07-17-2012 08:53 AM
    I'm pretty sure eBay's policies prohibit selling something you don't physically have in your hands. Not that it stops everyone or all them get removed, but still.
    07-17-2012 09:07 AM
    I'm pretty sure eBay's policies prohibit selling something you don't physically have in your hands. Not that it stops everyone or all them get removed, but still.
    I sell on ebay for a living and although they frown upon it they actually do not physically stop it there for everybody still does it,im still blown away bye what i saw.
    07-17-2012 09:28 AM
    Crazy is exactly what I call it... But I do think it is from buyers in other countries... I just walked into a store yesterday and purchased my 16gb version..
    07-17-2012 09:36 AM
    These buyers are probably in countries where you can't purchase a Nexus 7 any other way.
    I agree. They probably don't have a local Staples or GameStop and/or their country imposes a huge VAT that would triple the price if they bought a retail Nexus 7.

Or the buyers are Nigerian scammers.
    07-17-2012 09:41 AM
    Ok i just checked ebay and the prices are no where near what the OP is saying, they are just a little bit above retail.
    07-17-2012 10:03 AM
    Maybe buyers are people in countries like North Korea and Iran.
    07-17-2012 10:03 AM
    saw one in Texas on craigslist (16 GB for $350).
    or you could just wait a bit longer and save $100...
    07-17-2012 10:13 AM
    That might be my nexus 7..explains why I am still waiting to hear about my pre-order

Very cunning to sell it on eBay..i hope google buys it..then sends it to me

Must tell the guy to leave free movies on it..save me money
    07-17-2012 10:20 AM
    I was curious last night and decided to go see how much people was were getting on ebay for the nexus7 and what i I seen saw blew my mind. People was were selling their tablets saying that they should be there any day and when they receive it they will ship it. I seen saw one go for $500.00 and a ton for $400.00 and $350 to $400.00, and not io editions, these was were the ones we are all waiting on, which my tracking says i I will be receiving today, thank god! I figured they would go for $40 or $50 over sticker but [I] never thought i I would see what i I saw. If anybody is interested just type in the name and the modify the search for completed listings, although they there are still hundreds and hundreds still selling. Just thought i I would share this with everyone.Good luck to everybody still waiting like me, hopefully this is my last day, and yours.

Did a little fix up here, still needs more though.
    Josefius likes this.
    07-17-2012 10:35 AM
    Did a little fix up here, still needs more though.
    Hilarious, lol.
    07-17-2012 10:39 AM
    Ok i just checked ebay and the prices are no where near what the OP is saying, they are just a little bit above retail.
    You may need some reading glasses brother,and calling me a liar is not a very good idea.you need to go to completed listings and go down the list longer than one mouse spin,i watched the auction end myself and i am not blind and last time i checked im competent of reading prices.do i need to give out the sellers name so you can look them up.there is atleast 50 to 60 sold for $400.00 plus
    07-17-2012 10:55 AM
    Note to self for future releases...
    07-17-2012 01:37 PM
    Just got my Google Play Nexus 7 in the mail... we'll see if I'm able to make a few bucks off of it, else it's getting returned to Google (got one on launch day by walking into Gamestop)
    07-17-2012 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD