1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Delivery possible even with no updates, charges?

Do you think there is a possibility that most people will still receive their orders today regardless of order status, preorder date, accessories, etc.? Maybe Google is just slowly and randomly charging CCs and updating Wallet, and whether you heard anything or not all the tablets are in the hands of UPS and on the way or out for delivery.

Maybe very wishful thinking, but just a thought.

Let's not raise people's hopes now! You're only sowing the seeds for more anger!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Delivery possible even with no updates, charges?

One way to kill this ray of hope is myups. I'm not sure how it works, but people say they notify you of a shipment...nothing to do with google. Thing is, I don't understand how they notify me if I don't actually log in to myups and input the tracking number. Can UPS look at my name/address and tell me I have something on the way, even if I had no clue about it?

They never said they would be delivered today, only that pre-orders would ship by today. Based on a two day delivery they should be delivered by Thursday or possibly Friday (if the shipping label is created late in the day).

In short: no

Google isn't going to ship you hardware before they charge your card. That's a really good way to not make money
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by macewank View Post
    In short: no

Google isn't going to ship you hardware before they charge your card. That's a really good way to not make money
    That seems logical. But there hasn't been much about this launch that makes sense

Some guy said he has his nexus already and hasn't been charged....even came with a case. Not sure if he got any emails or a tracking number though
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

So much for that!
    UPS just delivered a case I purchased from Amazon, but they didn't have my N7

Time to call the Google!

My UPS doesn't work for me. I got the update from Google before they even had it in their system.

It's possible to get a package and have the tracking info be lost to the ether. If you missed the email from Google somehow that is. Their tracking system seems to have improved drastically in the past year.