I guess Corning Fit Glass is not the same as Gorilla Glass

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty soon the device becomes $300 with all the screen protectors. I think people would have just paid 300 if it actually came with Gorilla glass. Screen protectors inevitably create a filter effect on your screen.

even gorilla glass scratches pretty easily. It just doesn't shatter as easily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I always use screen protectors regardless what type of glass. I've had too many instances where something is in an empty pocket, only to come out with a scratch. Its just too easy for small events that you can't recall to damage your device. Hence, everyone (including myself in many instances) is baffled by what could have happened to their perfect toy.

I always do myself a favor and spend the extra $10 that will allow me to have greater peace of mind. There are some really awesome protectors out there that aren't even noticeable on the device. My protector should arrive on Wed and I look forward to the reassurance I will feel when its on my N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chisaki

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Steinheil ultra crystal screen protector. Google this and order your 2 pack for 13 bucks. Goes on dry so it is very easy to apply. Looks and feels like glass once it's on. My boss did not believe me that there was a screen protector on.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Can't find Steinheil ultra crystal screen protector for Nexus 7, please post link.

Jackwhite3rd

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mmm, I usually buy a nice fancy case for my tablets with no screen protectors and have never had a scratch. I have decided to buy just a gel case for my 7 which leaves the screen exposed all the time.
I've always hated screen protectors, no matter how hard I try can never put one on without it looking pants!
I'm gonna risk it and see what happens.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
thats why mine has been sitting in its box...awaiting a case and screen protectors

i opened it up to get the $25 credit and movie, and to check hardware, then back it went

dan4877

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Any cheap, but good screen protectors? I can't see myself shelling out $30 for a screen protector.

Try XOskins. The price is right around 20 bucks, but they guarantee it (which hasn't seemed necessary being that I've had mine on for over a year and haven't had a single problem. My buddy did his own install and messed it up, brought it in and they replaced it. Not sure they would do that for everyone but they seem to have much better customer service. Most others I've seen charge for replacements.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
FYI - Zagg is having a buy 1 get 1 free sale.
Where? I can't find any mention of this on their website. Can you link us please?

Also, is there a point to buying the "full body protection"? Wouldn't it be bad to have a plastic film covering the back of your Nexus 7? This seems silly to me, but if anyone can come up with a reason why to buy the back protector, I'd like to hear it.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I used my Nexus 7 in a leather case for a week before the Screen Protector showed up. No scratches in that period. Just got my screen protector and applied it. I got one of these Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet Screen Protectors and Full Body Skins | XtremeGuard Kind of messy to install but afterwards it seems good. It's not as smooth to run your fingers across as the native glass but still quite usable and the protection seems solid.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Got my Zagg Invisible Shield today. No problems putting it on, there's a few very tiny bubbles, I know they'll be gone in a few days.
At first, about an hour after putting it on, the screen responsiveness was horrible, I was thinking about removing it and getting a refund.
Now, it's showing signs of improvement.
It's nice, after 9 days, to have it out of the plastic wrapper it came in.
Just need a case and I'm all set.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
How is everyone cleaning/wiping their screen?

Any suggestions on a cloth I can order to do so?

A high-quality microfiber cloth (the same type that comes with eye glasses or sun glasses). Eye glass spray liquid or a couple drops of water (don't place it under the sink!) should be fine too.

fridgemusa

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
GG cost more $$ than this stuff, it was a matter of saving money here to add features other places. Also, side note...GG has been around since like the 60's I think, but they never had a use for it til Apple made the iphone.

Apple have never used Gorilla Glass in the iPhone!

gravyhead

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Why is that? Have you used the zagg protectors before? I find they are too "sticky" feeling. Does this have a similar feel, or is it more glasslike?

How about the Spiegen ones? Experience with those?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I hate screen protectors but since it's not gorilla glass I don't want to take a chance and wind up scratching my display. I always carry my N7 in the pocket of my cargo pants and more than likely it would have gotten scratched up in there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

betonce

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
as a professional glass artist i would like to know what kind of glass is NOT cut to "fit" something or other ? that's right ... NONE !!!! THINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Steinheil is a brand of Spigen sGP...it was easy for me to find and order from Amazon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

lorax1284

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
How much would it have added to the cost to put real scratch-resistant glass on the N7, because I am seriously disappointed that the N7 screen gets scratched so easily with just normal use. I have something like a musical staff of scratches about .5 cm wide half the length of the device across the middle of the screen.

Shame on google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze