I thought Nexus 7 Played Flash?

Bmilano3161

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 and was under the impression that this device played Flash video, but found that I was unable to play a CNN Flash video which required Flash.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Chrome doesn't support flash, the Nexus 7 as a whole doesn't support flash, Android jelly bean 4.1 doesn't support jelly bean. There are a few who have managed to side load it using Firefox, but flash is no longer supported.

Sock-Monkey Pete

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Check out my thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=189897 No flash got you down? Try this fix

It's a workaround to getting flash on your N-7 to work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I find it sad and ironic that just when we are getting devices powerful enough to run Android and Flash both Google and Adobe pull the plug. As someone that's developed a ton of interactive demos on Flash and and plain HTML and JS, I'll be the first to say that HTML5 development can't touch Flash for interactive simulations...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I find it sad and ironic that just when we are getting devices powerful enough to run Android and Flash both Google and Adobe pull the plug. As someone that's developed a ton of interactive demos on Flash and and plain HTML and JS, I'll be the first to say that HTML5 development can't touch Flash for interactive simulations...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Google pulled the plug on Flash?

No, Adobe is ceasing development on it. It's dated tech, the Web just has to catch up now, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh I know, I was poking fun at the comment above that Google was somehow involved. :p

You're right. I could whine all day about websites still being optimized for PC's and Flash instead of being multi-modal and supporting html5. All I can do is pray to Odin that the FF/Flash workaround still works with my N7 before that hole is inevitably plugged.

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I used the .apk sideloading method and it works fine with Firefox. Took all of about three minutes including file downloads.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Oh I know, I was poking fun at the comment above that Google was somehow involved. :p

You're right. I could whine all day about websites still being optimized for PC's and Flash instead of being multi-modal and supporting html5. All I can do is pray to Odin that the FF/Flash workaround still works with my N7 before that hole is inevitably plugged.

Download the files now so you have them...should still work as long as you have the apk's to load. Toss the files in your Google Drive, and then grab 'em once you fire up your tab!

FWIW, it works with Dolphin Browser HD as well (at least it did for me) if you prefer that over FF.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Download the files now so you have them...should still work as long as you have the apk's to load. Toss the files in your Google Drive, and then grab 'em once you fire up your tab!

FWIW, it works with Dolphin Browser HD as well (at least it did for me) if you prefer that over FF.

or just download them thru a browser, as i did. first I googled flash.apk, found a good forum (xda, perhaps), and downloaded the installer app as well as the actual flash.apk file. if I had the link in front of me, I'd post it.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
or just download them thru a browser, as i did. first I googled flash.apk, found a good forum (xda, perhaps), and downloaded the installer app as well as the actual flash.apk file. if I had the link in front of me, I'd post it.

It was a suggestion for the poster above mine that was concerned the fix wouldn't be available anymore once his tab arrived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge