The Got MY Nexus7, and just as wowed as I thought I'd be thread

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
This thread is to tone down some of the negativity people are having about the N7.

Got my nice, device today been playing around with it for a few hours and still have about 70% battery left. Well worth the wait.

I have yet to see any defects no glass separation or dead pixels on this bad boy.

Easily synced with all my google apps, able to download most of the apps I had on my phone (And then some) easily by using google play.

Very smooth and fluid. Got the camera app from the play store, cool little mirror. And nice quality for a front facing cam, a lot better than my phone or laptop.

Lovin' Jellybean so far.

List your favorite thing/feature etc about the Nexus 7!

Jedi Neo

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
So far I dig it. Was able to setup flash so I could watch videos. Love the form factor of it. Still setting everything up.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with the Nexus. So far it's meeting all my expectations and then some. I seem to have gotten one without any issues, so that's a great start. Right there with you on the praise of Jelly Bean. I've got to say my favorite feature so far is the smoothness throughout the UI. Really polished.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: The Got MY Nexus7, and just as wowed as I thought I'd be thre

like the textured back, thank god there's a physical volume button after using the kindle fire. a brightness rocker would be too kind to me.

i wish my phone had one volume for everything. did you know there isn't a widget that does that for phones? (or much grateful if someone could point one out)

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I really love the N7. It really is as smooth as butter. I just need a case that will protect it and I'm set.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

CandyNJ6

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site

I got my Nexus 7 at 10 am and have been in love with it. Jellybean is a new level for Android and boy is it fluid! I'm truly amazed at how smooth it is and not laggy like my previous experiences have been over the last few years with Android.

Love the screen, have no dead pixels I can see from 2 dead pixels tests, no glass separation, love the lightweight feel Of it and the dimpled textured back. I have the Koi live wallpaper paid version and it only takes up 2% battery and is a beautiful live wallpaper without causing lag like it would on gingerbread or old android devices. The quad core makes a difference!

Love the Free Transformer movie already installed which looks great on the HD screen! I also love the Free $25 google wallet credit that I got immediately upon registering on set up. I also activated the Google wallet separate app, tapped on Add Prepaid google card and it automatically put $10 Free dollars on the virtual card that works with NFC. Very cool!

Tegra 3 graphics are amazing! The rain effect in Dead Trigger (which automatically is detected and set to ULTRA HIGH Graphics), is a sight to behold. Other games run very silky smooth. Some Apps/games aren't compatible with Jellybean but hope they get updated soon.

I never thought I would love android tablet so much but I do!! The Nexus 7 is the best Android device I ever owned :)

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Really loving the tablet. The most "wow" factor for me is after handling the Nexus 7 tablet for a while, when I pick up my Galaxy Nexus phone it seems tiny. Go figure.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I hadn't planned on getting a Nexus 7 for a while, as I just returned from 3 months in Mexico, my pockets are busted.

My boss was on his way to Sam's Club today and asked if I needed anything, LOL. He ended up buying the 16GB for me today, and I'll pay it back through slave labor, but it's worth it.

I love the size, ui, connection with my Google account, speeds, etc.. I'm so happy I have this tablet.

Reactions: Josefius

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I love mine as well. Just. Great device overall.

A little treat for ppl not that are new to android or don't have an ICS + device:
Go to settings
About tablet ( he last tab)
Find android version (4.1.1)
Click it rapidly a few times
After you see your treat hold our finger on the screen and watch the magic
Now flick some jelly beans around the screen and enjoy

:)

Reactions: berrydroidapple

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My boss was on his way to Sam's Club today and asked if I needed anything, LOL. He ended up buying the 16GB for me today, and I'll pay it back through slave labor, but it's worth it.

WOW! Nice boss. He lookin' to hire any more employees?

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Really loving the tablet >>> snipppp <<< when I pick up my Galaxy Nexus phone it seems tiny. Go figure.
One of the main reasons I bought my Rezound was the bigger screen. Doesn't seem so big anymore LOL!

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't say I was insanely wowed by it but I can certainly say I'm very pleased.

This thread needs more N7 pics.
wafYY.jpg

richo123

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

Never used a tablet or smartphone before. This really impresses me particularly the pricetag. Amazon and Apple have some serious competition now. Google also seem to have got the message with regard to better communication. With so much hype and demand you must expect frustrations with a release like this. The best cure for that imho is clear detailed information for the customers laying down cash in advance. Get that straight and Apple will have something to worry about.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Never used a tablet or smartphone before. This really impresses me particularly the pricetag. Amazon and Apple have some serious competition now. Google also seem to have got the message with regard to better communication. With so much hype and demand you must expect frustrations with a release like this. The best cure for that imho is clear detailed information for the customers laying down cash in advance. Get that straight and Apple will have something to worry about.

To be fair, this will be no competition to Apple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Lovin it and only started to get things set up. Will be rooting it today, I'm sure I'll love it even more.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

The size and speed of the N7 floor me. Unlike my iPad, the N7 is a pleasure to hold for a long time. It fits so well in your hands and the textured back provides grip and comfort. It's compact size makes easy to use in places where you'd use a phone but not a full-size tablet. It's truly portable. If you intend to do serious productivity on it, however, that won't be a good fit.

And dang is it fast. 4.1.1 and the Tegra blast things along. Apps launch instantly. I mean it. I can't make the thing lag. Chrome on it is excellent, smooth as I've ever used.

Two gripes: no 5 GHz wireless and the screen feels a bit washed out. The resolution and DPI are great. Maybe I'm too used to Super AMOLED. It isn't anything I think should prevent a purchase.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I am actually a little more impressed than I expected. It is lighter than I thought it would be. It is easily the best android tablet out there. Most things are quick and smooth.

That being said, I dont agree with all the praise of chrome on this thing. I think it kind of sucks. And I still have issues with android in general. I certainly don't think I could ever replace my iPad with it but I can see a purpose for it in addition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Not trolling but I kind of started this exact same thread the other day....:)
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-my-nexus-7-i-am-wowed-i-thought-i-would.html
Any who the post from that thread is below

After seeing so many negative thoughts and posts about the N7, I thought I would create a thread speaking of the 'good' experiences with the Device in hopes of people who are on the fence and would like to hear the good of the device since there is already so much 'bad'.

First off I just got my N7 in the mail. Opened the packaging and it already had my email account saved I just had to input my password. However it said my name was "Subs". Dont know why but it had the correct email and everything but the name was just wrong. Anywho thats the only 'bad' thing I have experienced so far. Display is great. Build quality is great as the device just feels fantastic. Speakers are loud. I got the play 25.00 balance immediately after activation and Im now watching the Transformers movie :cool:.

Any other good thoughts on the device?