Gmail landscape mode still can't see whole width of most emails

BrentF

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 in and for most emails (with HTML anyways) when I go into landscape mode in gmail the left panel opens and I can't see the whole width of my email without scrolling left and right.... this sucks.... any way to disable that left panel?

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gmail landscape mode still can't see whole width of most emai

I was directed to this little gem - Ultimate Rotation Control - its a 7 day trial then you can buy it. I am hoping Google releases something that will allows us to rotate it without needed a 3rd party app.

eps

May 7, 2011
Visit site

I just got my Nexus 7 in and for most emails (with HTML anyways) when I go into landscape mode in gmail the left panel opens and I can't see the whole width of my email without scrolling left and right.... this sucks.... any way to disable that left panel?

Gmail on the Nexus 7 blows chuncks....it's that simple. That moronic left "labels" panel ruins the layout. Gmail is far better on my Galaxy Nexus. It is so frustrating I prefer the website gmail on N7 to the app. Please google, get rid of this abomination and just bring back the phone version of Gmail.

enjoylife949

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

I agree that gmail sucks on the N7. It seems like google cannot decide if the N7 is a phone with a small screen or a tablet with a big screen. gmail needs to be modified so we can see a whole message in landscape mode without the left panel using part of the screen.

Reactions: giograves

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I can see most of my emails in landscape if I switch to small text size in options for gmail

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site

Getting rid of the new Gmail and going back to the old phone version?

This is going to sound crazy.... but.... we could do that, OR.... OOOOOOOOOOOORRRR.... hold onto your butts..... we could simply add a button to toggle the left panel.

BAM!! You may now change your pants and underwear.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

I agree, the Gmail app sucks. Reminds me of the email app on the iPad. Ugh.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513