Text messages to my Nexus 7?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Voice for all calls and text from all my devices. Gives me another number so I don't have to give out my pay number to everyone. I can also block calls on a per number basis. If I get a new phone with a new number my Goggle Voice number does not change so I don't have to worry about people not getting a hold of me. But as for my Nexus7 it is my gameboy so no communication apps at all. I don't like being disturbed while playing.

elach4018

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but the real extra that Tablet Talk has is the ability to answer phone calls you receive on your phone - WHILE WORKING ON YOUR NEXUS 7.

Here is the feature description from the product Help:

"By default, Tablet Talk notifies you of incoming calls, which you can silence or mute from the tablet. You can adjust the vibrate and ringer setting for the caller ID popup, or disable it altogether.

By popular request, the app also now has the ability to answer and dial calls from the tablet. These features were designed for users with Bluetooth headsets who wanted to be able to control phone calls from the tablet. It is possible to use a Bluetooth headset and Tablet Talk on your phone at the same time.

NOTE: The new phone calling features are intended for use with a headset connected to your phone. You can also enable your phone's speakerphone from the tablet during a call. Due to limitations of Android, the tablet's speaker and mic cannot be used for active calls on your phone."

So, the configuration is ... You have a BlueTooth for the phone, and you can dial and answer phone calls ... without ever leaving the Nexus 7.

I don't know about Google Voice, but that Tablet Talk feature seems pretty damn cool to me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
how do i set up google voice with my adriod phone and galaxy tablet note 10.1

Just install it. On my Nexus 4, it integrates so well that it's like it's part of the OS. I also have a Nexus 7. Any text that gets sent to my phone also gets sent to my Nexus 7. My N7 also has 3G so I can text from it anywhere I am.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
my vote is for MySMS. Easist setup I've seen and it is a cloud based system. I can send SMS from phone, tablet, and a web browser, and It has been rock solid for me in the months I've been using it.

I've tried both Tablet talk and MightyText and have found MySMS to be easily the most reliable.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have used mysms, cloud SMS, and Mighty Text. My favorite is Mighty Text.

A couple reasons why Mighty Text is I can see texts to my phone and calls to my phone on my Nexus 7 no matter where my phone is PLUS it has a website interface. website shows the same as tablet; texts, incoming phone calls, shows phone's battery life and I sent need to have phone nearby.

Mighty Text for the win. Second choice is Cloud SMS with similar integration but less subtle than MT.

Both Mighty Text and Cloud SMS have Dash integration for 4.2

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I've used Mighty Text and Tablet Talk. I prefer Mighty Text. I love that it syncs from my work computer to my home, to my tablet and my phone. Works flawlessly, whereas Tablet Talk kept losing the connection. I could never get it to work via Wifi and Bluetooth would lose either the phone or tablet and I'd have to reboot both to get them to see each other again.