Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Street view

On the play store it says that Google street view is installed, but I can't figure out how to access it. Does anyone know how?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Re: Street view

You access it through Google Maps app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've been trying to figure out where to go from the app but I can't find it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Street view

Hi,
    i just got my Nexus 7 yesterday and I just figured this out this morning. It is kind of different from even how it works on my Galaxy Nexus phone.
    Pull up Google maps and put in the address.
    Once done go to layers and add satellite.
    The next part is the confusing part because I am used to seeing the blue color overlay on the streets and I know to drag the little man onto the blue overlay to get street view like I still do on Ice Cream Sandwich. Jellybean doesn't have the little guy at this point. There is another step.
    Now in JellyBean, you have to select the actual street and hold your finger down until a window pops up with a very small pic of the street. You click on that window and then a proper menu comes up with the little guy which allows you to see the street view.
    Once you have done this, then you should be in street view and you should be able to scan around and move the little man where you want to move on the map.
    The tricky part is getting that little window to pop up so then you can access the street view information. I hope this helps, I am at work at the moment and cannot confirm everything at the moment.
    Good luck.

I can only get even-numbered street addresses on Street view With a few attempts I made on local streets

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay I followed the instructions and found an easier way. You simply press and hold on a location and a bar comes up with the location. You can then press the arrow in the bar and a new box will pop up. The new box has a button for street view.