eBooks on nexus?

SArora13

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I did everything you said and when I go to click on the book (which has no picture), it's a white blank screen. I'm getting SOOOO frustrated over this. /':

I downloaded Calibre and was not able to convert the books because of some DRM that is placed through iTunes. Completely frustrating. I don't feel like paying for a DRM removal.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Calibre and was not able to convert the books because of some DRM that is placed through iTunes. Completely frustrating. I don't feel like paying for a DRM removal.

annoying isn't it ? there ARE DRM removal programs out there if you want to walk on the wild side....be sure to scan w an antivirus before installing tho.

Mr.Audio

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps a better way (and also an easy way) to get YOUR content into your Kindle app is to download "Send To Kindle".

Amazon.com: Send to Kindle

This installs a "context menu" (aka right click menu) option to send files to your Kindle account. It natively supports DRM-free .mobi (the format Kindle uses), .pdf, .prc, .txt, .doc, and a couple of others. It does not support .epub or .lit files, but Calibre can convert those into .mobi if they are DRM-free.

You can select multiple files in Explorer, right-click, and "Send to Kindle" and they'll be uploaded in a batch. Once in your Kindle account, they're just like any other Kindle ebook; you can download them to all of your registered Kindle devices (PC, phone, tablet, Kindle), and WhisperSync will work. It's FAR better than just copying the files to your device manually, especially if you use multiple devices to read.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps a better way (and also an easy way) to get YOUR content into your Kindle app is to download "Send To Kindle".

Amazon.com: Send to Kindle

This installs a "context menu" (aka right click menu) option to send files to your Kindle account. It natively supports DRM-free .mobi (the format Kindle uses), .pdf, .prc, .txt, .doc, and a couple of others. It does not support .epub or .lit files, but Calibre can convert those into .mobi if they are DRM-free.

You can select multiple files in Explorer, right-click, and "Send to Kindle" and they'll be uploaded in a batch. Once in your Kindle account, they're just like any other Kindle ebook; you can download them to all of your registered Kindle devices (PC, phone, tablet, Kindle), and WhisperSync will work. It's FAR better than just copying the files to your device manually, especially if you use multiple devices to read.

erm... last i checked, some kindle file transfers incurred a charge on your account. Do you know the particulars here ?

thehme

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a mac and had encountered issues transferring epub books, but ultimately it works pretty nicely, so here it is for anyone who is still lost:

1. Downloaded and installed Android.com
2. Plugged in my Nexus 7 and opened Android File Transfer from the Application section in my Mac
3. I created a "epub Books" folder in the Android File Transfer window that opened (note: I tried creating a "Books" folder, but it kept error-ing out and I think it is because the Nexus already has a "Books" folder.
4. Transfer my epub book from my Mac to the "epub Books" folder
5. I had previously downloaded the FBReader FREE app on my Nexus, so I launched it on my Nexus
6. From he FBReader screen I clicked on the "FBReader Library" icon at the top on the menu, righ-hand side and navigate to "File System">"File Tree">"Memory Card">"uPub Books" (note: I do not have the data capable nexus)
7. I disconnected my Nexus
8. I clicked on the epub book I wanted to read and clicked on the "Read" button

Done, ready to read ePub books :)

Persill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
How do I transfer my ebooks to my nexus 7? I have a whole bunch of them and I use a mac...

oh and the books are in epub format.

Nevermind, I figured it out!

If you have a cloud service like DropBox i recommend that you store them there, that's been the quickest and easiest way for me to transfer my eBooks across my devices.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
erm... last i checked, some kindle file transfers incurred a charge on your account. Do you know the particulars here ?

So long as you download it to your app via wifi there's no charge. Alternatively, you could email the converted file to your kindle email address. So long as you email it from the email you registered the kindle app with there's no issue. The kindle email is usually (a name unique to the device)@kindle.com, but if you send the file to ____@free.kindle.com it will only download over wifi and not incur any charges. Either way you end up with the file in your kindle cloud and you can download it to any kindle app or device free of charge after that.

Karina Manukov

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
hi, i followed all the steps and when i tried to import it tells me that the device is not authorized. how do i authorize the device i have nexus 7 and mac lap top? thank you

Muhammed Abd Alaziz

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
check this out:

Uploading from the Web App (Computer)
sign in to Google Play on your computer and upload it through there. Just go to Books -> My Books and then select Upload Files.

Uploading from the Web App (Nexus 7)
You can also do the above directly from the Chrome browser on your Nexus 7 tablet. However, after you first sign in, it might auto-direct you to the Google Play app. Just go back to Chrome and you should be able to access it now.

Then go to Books -> My Books and then select Upload Files, just like above. You won't be able to drag and drop anything, obviously, so choose Select files from your computer, then select Documents, where you can find PDFs from your Dropbox, Google Drive, Downloads folder, and more.

Uploading from Your Email (Nexus 7 Only)
Google recently made an update to Google Play Books (3.1.17) that added the ability to upload PDF and EPUB files directly from your email app. In the latest build, they removed the ability to upload PDFs this way, but you can still get it back by reverting to version 3.1.17 on your Nexus 7 tablet.

If you only have EPUB files to upload, the newest version of Google Play Books (3.1.23) will still work just fine for this. Only downgrade if you want to use it for PDF files, too—and hope they bring back PDF support in the next update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci