Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default eBooks on nexus?

How do I transfer my ebooks to my nexus 7? I have a whole bunch of them and I use a mac...

oh and the books are in epub format.

Nevermind, I figured it out!
    Last edited by EnDroidable; 07-18-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Default Re: eBooks on nexus?

Please share, I am wondering the same thing.

I wondering the same too. Would it just be the case of using software like Calibre for example?

Would putting them on google drive work?

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

What ereader do you have? Sony, amazon, barnes and noble etc?
    spec31 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I actually downloaded kindle and coolreader and none of them worked so I went and got Aldiko Book Reader. And when u open the android transfer application on mac create a new folder called eBook and just drag and drop your ebooks into the folder. When finished go to Aldiko and check off the eBook folder and hit import to Aldiko. And all of your books will be in your library so you can delete them from the ebooks folder.

Let me know if you still are having trouble I will try to explain the part that is unclear to you.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Silken1987 View Post
    I wondering the same too. Would it just be the case of using software like Calibre for example?
    Calibre is for converting .lit or.rtf or basically any type of file into .epub or .mobi whichever your eBook reader supports.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmbeland View Post
    Would putting them on google drive work?
    I haven't tried that but if it works for you let me know

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

the nook app also reads epub

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Endroidable I love you!!! I've been looking for 2 hours everywhere before I found this thread. Same thing works on windows you just have to make a new folder yourself on the nexus in windows. Only downside didn't see a select all tab in aldiko and I had to put in 600+ books
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy_hb View Post
    Endroidable I love you!!! I've been looking for 2 hours everywhere before I found this thread. Same thing works on windows you just have to make a new folder yourself on the nexus in windows. Only downside didn't see a select all tab in aldiko and I had to put in 600+ books
    Thanks. When you select the whole folder that's basically the "select all" I have 200 books and I selected them all one by one too it was a hassle then I saw that I could select the whole folder

Thanks for this! Is there anyway to read them in the nook app though, without buying it from barnes and noble?

Nevermind! I figured it out..

Quote Originally Posted by EnDroidable View Post
    I actually downloaded kindle and coolreader and none of them worked so I went and got Aldiko Book Reader. And when u open the android transfer application on mac create a new folder called eBook and just drag and drop your ebooks into the folder. When finished go to Aldiko and check off the eBook folder and hit import to Aldiko. And all of your books will be in your library so you can delete them from the ebooks folder.

Let me know if you still are having trouble I will try to explain the part that is unclear to you.

I need help with this issue. I don't have ebook reader but I have got few books on pdf. Only reason that I bought nexus 7, was to be able to transfer my pdf books to the nexus and read them there. But I can't do it and I didn't get exactly how you managed this. Can you explain to me.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Calibre is for converting .lit or.rtf or basically any type of file into .epub or .mobi whichever your eBook reader supports.
    Calibre is for more than just converting books. It's a great library manager and works as a server as well. So you can use Aldiko or FBRreader (among others) and connect to Calibre to transfer books.

Just google on how to do it or check out the Mobile Read forum. It's a great place for ebook related information and covers Calibre as well.

you can make a folder on your nexus (pdf), download adobe acrobat or many of the other ebook readers (pdf/epub). Then just open to the destination of your pdfs. thats how i did it on my N7

Quote Originally Posted by drjukie View Post
    I need help with this issue. I don't have ebook reader but I have got few books on pdf. Only reason that I bought nexus 7, was to be able to transfer my pdf books to the nexus and read them there. But I can't do it and I didn't get exactly how you managed this. Can you explain to me.
    1. Get a reader app. (I downloaded the Mantano Lite reader app, which reads .pdf and .epub files.)
    2. Hook your Nexus 7 up to a PC/MAC.
    3. On the Nexus 7, create a folder, "eBooks"
    4. Copy the pdf/epub files to eBook.
    5. Some readers will automatically recognize them. You may need to "import" them for some readers.

Question Re: eBooks on nexus?

So I have a mac also and I did all that you said. I downloaded Aldiko and got my books on Nexus. The books show the title but they are completely blank.
    Do you know what the issue might be?

I did everything you said and when I go to click on the book (which has no picture), it's a white blank screen. I'm getting SOOOO frustrated over this. /':

I did everything you said and when I go to click on the book (which has no picture), it's a white blank screen. I'm getting SOOOO frustrated over this. /':

I'm having the same issue. I may just download calibre and convert them.

Downloaded Calibre. Unable to convert because of DRM issues. HELP!
    Last edited by SArora13; 12-26-2012 at 12:38 PM.

I don't like PDF files since they do not let you format the document on the fly like all other format types - so I convert them into another format like ePub or Mobi depending on what eReader I want to read them on.

you can find out much more if you check the links here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post2380493

Quote Originally Posted by Kaileigh Nearhoof View Post
    I downloaded Calibre and was not able to convert the books because of some DRM that is placed through iTunes. Completely frustrating. I don't feel like paying for a DRM removal.

Quote Originally Posted by SArora13 View Post
    I downloaded Calibre and was not able to convert the books because of some DRM that is placed through iTunes. Completely frustrating. I don't feel like paying for a DRM removal.
    annoying isn't it ? there ARE DRM removal programs out there if you want to walk on the wild side....be sure to scan w an antivirus before installing tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    annoying isn't it ? there ARE DRM removal programs out there if you want to walk on the wild side....be sure to scan w an antivirus before installing tho.
    Yeah most require payment. I don't feel like getting into that.

Quote Originally Posted by SArora13 View Post
    Yeah most require payment. I don't feel like getting into that.
    sad.... give these calibre plugins, etc a look and see if you want to proceed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast