Stutter on games and video

BigG422

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed recently that when playing videos or games there is a slight but noticeable stutter every five seconds or so. I noticed it the most with games like riptide and shadowgun. The funny part is when I first had the nexus 7 before I believe the 4.1.1 update I ran right through riptide with no hiccups, so I'm guessing its a software thing. Everything else runs very smooth, it just seems like its anything is using hardware acceleration at all. Anyone else having this problem?

U2Bono269

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue with Netflix. I tried an episode of Futurama and it was grainy SD and choppy. It lasted for the first 30 seconds or so of the episode, and then the video suddenly cleared, switched to what looked like 720p and streamed smoothly. It was odd.

tHErACEcAR

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My nexus 7 (4.1.1) has the same issue. All video playback (netflix/youtube/local) stutters every 7-8 seconds. It isn't a router/network issue because it happens even with wifi disabled while playing locally stored video (Transformers). I did not test it with 4.1 prior to updating to latest build. Any ideas?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
That's not odd. I've used Netflix on many devices and it's not uncommon to start a movie with it looking bad. Then the data stream begins catching up and the pic improves

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Vap1d-

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Only game I have had a problem with is heroes call.. random lockups.. sound stuttering and then a lockup. Yes pretty graphics but annoying..

scarper86

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
The stutter is definitely caused by the Ultimate Rotation app on my Nexus 7. I uninstalled it and everything is perfectly smooth again. I hope the developers fix it with an update soon.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My first defective (bad screen) N7 played back Transformers fine. I could skip around the timeline and it would start within a second. However, my replacement unit is a disaster: it spins the circle for 10-15 seconds then the audio stutters and the video is a series of stills at 5-10 second intervals. I cleared the cache, rebooted, tried starting at the beginning, toggling the force GPU options in Developer Settings; nothing works. I don't have any rotation apps loaded. What to do?

Amy Pooley1

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the android note 2 and on he game dungeon hunter 4 it keeps stuttering i have done eveything in the developer options but still no change. Can anyone help me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech