Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yackydo
  • 1 Post By steve dave
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Carrier

Default Google play music not good enough?

When I received my nexus 7 the first thing I did was put some music on it from my itunes library that I had previously exported and started looking for more music that I heard on a long road trip I went on the day before and was sadly, disappointed the songs I am was looking for were not there. So immediately I searched for an alternative and amazon, the last thing I wanted on the anti-Kindle was my choice and was pleasantly surprised to see both songs were only 25 cents a piece! I was stunned and now amazon has gone up a level in my heart, but I still don't like them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Jedi Neo likes this.

Another thing I prefer in regards is the ability to download the music and have other players be able to see the files correctly.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: Google play music not good enough?

Warner Bros. music is not in the library for purchase yet. Havent had too many issues with it, but there is a lack of some artists, most likely the ones you heard. There is nothing stopping you from getting them somewhere else, and then uploading them to your play music account, it just stinks that there are extra steps necessary to enjoy Linkin Park.

This isn't even close. Amazon is easily the best music store out there, by a wide margin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    aggie likes this.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

I'm a big fan of both Google and Amazon (companies), so whenever I'm in the mood for music, I check them both and whomever has the best price wins. If they're priced the same, I'd probably go with Google Play, as it hosts a vast majority of my music. Both have great deals from time to time, but catalog-wise, Amazon has more choices. But for my music tastes, they both carry what I need, so price is generally the determining factor.

It's a licensing deal. Hopefully they will get it worked out someday. Only Apple has Beatles, though, if I'm not mistaken.

One thing I noticed with Google Music is that the files are max MP3 quality at 320K constant bit rate, whereas Amazons are ~256K variable bit rate. Not a huge (or even audible, likely) difference, but still.

That also means Google's files are bigger, and they have bigger album art making them even bigger still.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Carrier

I would like to say some of the artists that were lacking tracks were flo rida and owl city. Mostly flo rida

Quote Originally Posted by yackydo View Post
    I would like to say some of the artists that were lacking tracks were flo rida and owl city. Mostly flo rida

You should have kept that to yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by steve dave View Post
    You should have kept that to yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah probably but don't go hating on flo