Does anyone have WIFI problem like I do on nexus 7?

lochmox

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 and tried to connect to my wifi but it is stuck on connecting screen and doesn't do anything. I just tried turning it on and off but it still won't connect to my wifi. should i send this back and get a new one?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a very frustrating time connecting as well. It turns out I was using the wrong password for you might wanna check that. Once I got the password right it connected right up no more problems. As I recall the error message I got was not specific enough to show me I was using the wrong password. I think it's just said unable to connect.

Sent from my AWESOME Nexus 7 via Tapatalk 2 :)

rgarcia_cal

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same issue since I first got it. I've been looking for a fix. I am able to connect but get disconnected continuously. I was able to temporarily fixing it by deleting and re-adding the router, but that didn't last long. Any help appreciated.

rockyp9

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Download Wifi Analyzer from the market. It will show the strength of the channels around you, including your own. Great little tool! I get better reception on my N7 than any other of my wifi devices.

volumetric

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
you may want to check your modem bandwidth, newer modems can run at 5Ghz and older
ones at 2.5Ghz, the N7 can only connect at 2.5Ghz, if your modem/router is set and 5Ghz
your N7 won't connect to the internet, Google saving money,it is only $200 after all;)

its Ghz or Mhz, I can't remember.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried an open hotspot? I have no problems at Starbucks. If it works at Starbucks but not at your house, that says the problem is not the Nexus. On the other hand, if you can't even connect st Starbucks, that says something else.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll take a stab...If your router has its channel set to auto...Try setting it to a specific channel. Assuming you find your N7 works on other Wifi spots.

Reactions: mrgdr57

vengefulbudha

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
you may want to check your modem bandwidth, newer modems can run at 5Ghz and older
ones at 2.5Ghz, the N7 can only connect at 2.5Ghz, if your modem/router is set and 5Ghz
your N7 won't connect to the internet, Google saving money,it is only $200 after all;)

its Ghz or Mhz, I can't remember.

According to this, the n7 supports 802.11n

Discover Nexus Devices

With that being said I am able to see and connect to my 802.11g network but not my 802.11n. Is anyone else having difficulty connecting to 802.11n?

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The nexus 7 can connect to n networks but like volumetric said, it doesn't support the 5ghz spectrum. In other words your n network has to be operating in the 2.5ghz spectrum. You change this in you router settings.

A lot of devices come packaged stating they are wireless n certified but they don't make it obvious they dont work in the 5ghz spectrum; my 2012 lg blue ray player is like this too.

Personally I don't see how this is considered compliant and worthy of the title n capable but what do I know?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The WiFi connection is one reason I have been so impressed with the nexus 7. I also have a transformer prime that has a hard time streaming HQ video on YouTube, but my nexus does it like a champ. I do have my router set to a specific channel however....

Cnrfaber

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Help me too! I'm so frustrated!
I got my nexus 7 3 days ago and it connected fine, downloaded a few apps. Yesterday I took it out of the house and connected to a restaurant wifi, came back home and it will not connect to my wifi. I've tried a few things including calling the u-verse Internet and they said that it is a fee based service. I don't understand how it worked a few days ago and not now. My IPad works fine. But every time I try the nexus it will show authenticating.... Or finding ip address... And it wont connect. Any ideas?

lenyywong

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I also have problem with my Nexus 7 connecting to 802.11n. I have a D-Link DIR 655 router. I have to change my router from n-only to accept b & n to work with the Nexus 7. I called Google Play and it took 45 minutes before someone picks up the phone. They are swamped! Anyway, the guy helped me go through a couple tests. Basically, according to the support guy, the Nexus 7 should be able to connect to 2.4GHz 802.11n, if I changed the router to do channel 6 only. But, the Nexus 7 is not connecting to a n-only router no matter what settings the support guy suggested. So, now, I am getting a replacement. Just happened that my Nexus 7 also have the partial unresponsive screen issue. So, one call kills two defects!

gkglus

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. Router is Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, running custom firmware from dd-wrt. Already had it set to channel 6. Was not able to connect until I changed config from N-only to NG-mixed.

So for anyone who didn't have issues with their N-routers, what happens if you disable G on it (assuming your device supports it)?

And the bigger question is - is this a hardware or software issue?

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I have dd-wrt on a wrt320n router.

5ghz obviously doesn't work with my nexus 7 (as expected). Changed my router to use 2.5ghz and auto channel and nexus 7 connects fine. The router is set specifically as 2.5ghz n-only.

If you use ddwrt, make sure you that, when you change your settings, you hit save THEN apply or else the changes won't take affect. You shouldn't have to for these settings but maybe a router reboot would help.

Also make sure your wireless security settings are n-spec approved I.e. wpa2 - aes only or none at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair