Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Does anyone have WIFI problem like I do on nexus 7?

My wifi works great at home, but not at other places. Isn't there an app for this?...:-)

I had a problem with my nexus, First time I connected through my home wifi everything went well
    I was thrilled! So I turned it of and wend to bed. The next day when I started
    The tablet I saw the wireless 4 bars but the triangle on the upper right corner was gray.. I search on the internet for a solution but no luck!!
    But when I turn on my laptop BOOM FULL INTERNET SIGNAL!! So what happened? Just that my nexus saw my laptop as a hot spot. So I changed my wifi settinings from DHCP to Static. Go to IP Address and change it.. :-)

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

It isnt your fault nor your ap.

I have a Android 4.0.4 device and the same problem with my ASUS 66.

My solution:
    I just changed my password and changed all signs into numbers. Android seems to have problems with some special characters.

Yes. I have problem connecting Nexus 7 to my Clear wifi. What could be the problem and solutions for that? I appreciate your help.

You are my GOD for the day.
    I had the exact same problem with my Nexus 10.
    I set up the IP address statically and I was good to go.

Hey what's up.

So my suggestion may be the most obvious answer but the same thing just happened to me today after I reset my phone to factory settings. I did not properly input capitol letters in WIFI authentication password where I had them. As soon as I re-entered password with proper capitols, it connected immediately. So check if you missed some capitols.

I hope this helps.
    Terry

I've had problems with my Droid DNA and wireless N. It would connect to my G but not my N. The only way it connects to N is if I turn off my router security.

Nvm figured out the problem. On my wpa I had to change the encryption from TKIP to AES. Wireless N works fine on AES now.

I'm having the same problems.. I'll get the connecting, obtaining then nothing.

Hi

Ip adress how do we know it?u said for urs it is 192.168.77.Im using wifihotspot from mobile to try connect to nexus 7

Thank you!! this worked perfectly for me!! (changing to static ip)
    i have spent approx 4 days trying to just set up my secondhand nexus 7. had even sent ebayer a msg about possible refund. finally on a forum found out that my wifi logo should be blue not grey! (im a apple head this is first android device ever owned and only bought for my children for xmas) then found this and wallah!! everything is working perfectly i can finally set this device up so very excited thank you for your wonderful advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123