Nexus 7 not Compatible with Tablet Apps

airwalker78

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is part of being an early adopter, but the Nexus 7 is not compatible with any of the tablet apps I've tried to install from Google Play. For example, Bank of America and Tivo to name a few. Is it just a matter of these apps being updated to support Nexus 7? or Does something need to change in the Google play store to say the Nexus 7 is a tablet?

Reactions: varipapa

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Maybe this is part of being an early adopter, but the Nexus 7 is not compatible with any of the tablet apps I've tried to install from Google Play. For example, Bank of America and Tivo to name a few. Is it just a matter of these apps being updated to support Nexus 7? or Does something need to change in the Google play store to say the Nexus 7 is a tablet?

don't know this for certain, but my guess is that it has to do with Jelly Bean compatibility. Since the Nexus 7 is the only Jelly Bean tablet on the market we are bound to see apps that are not yet Jelly Bean compatible. I'm sure in time with app updates this will be a non issue.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can use both of them... if u want it to be a "tablet" then. Root, download root explorer .. change the DPI in the build prop to 160. Gives u the ui and it let me Download both apps u asked about

holder1422

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a rooted n7 and I can hardly get any apps that are supposed to be jelly bean ready.... games like dark knight rises, or other apps I have heard of all say not compatible with this device:'( what's wrong with it?

maggard5

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a rooted n7 and I can hardly get any apps that are supposed to be jelly bean ready.... games like dark knight rises, or other apps I have heard of all say not compatible with this device:'( what's wrong with it?

I have tdkr on my nexus 7 and it works just fine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the tablet versions, rather than phone versions, of News Republic, Text Plus, Tweetcaster, and probably some others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
IMDB is the tablet version I believe. The apps look great on here regardless. Really no need for a tablet specific app on here though. Everything seem so fluid for navigation. Now on a ten inch, yes you need to fill the dead space.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692